Craig6z hates it when people make a fuss over his birthday

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Craig6z hates it when people make a fuss over his birthday

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2007, 7:42 pm
Original Member

Location: The shape-shifting urban sprawl that is El Lay. FT member #71.
Programs: UA Gold & MM; DL & AA credit card dirt status; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Fool's Gold
As much as I hate to admit it, Jailer is about six months younger. However he has more gray hair then I do.

Thanks for the comments and PM's.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 9:54 am
Original Poster

Location: SoCal; DO-RAGS: Old Gold tagged, PIP, LatPass 1/2, AA 4MM, HH LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, Omni
Didn't want to ignore you for an entire decade: Happy Birthday Senior Mod Craig6z.

I took him to Durango last week, what have any of you done for 6z lately?

Hey, Craig, didn't I take you out to lunch for my birthday? I'm free today as long as you come down to Newport Beach.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 1:27 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by Jailer
I'm free today as long as you come down to Newport Beach.
Such a gracious cuz.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 7:03 pm
Moderator: Avianca, Travel Photography, Travel Technology & USA

Programs: Emeritus VIP Fromins Deli Encino grandfathered successor program - UA MM & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Such a gracious cuz.
Yeah, especially when he knows I'm in STL!
Old Jul 26, 2016, 7:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Jailer,

Everyone on Flyertalk knows that it's a TOS violation to discuss Moderators.

Happy birthday Craig.

dh
Old Jul 27, 2016, 7:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Belated birthday wishes Craig. Hope it was a good one!

Cheers.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 5:58 pm
Original Poster

Location: SoCal; DO-RAGS: Old Gold tagged, PIP, LatPass 1/2, AA 4MM, HH LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, Omni
I might normally let this day go, but this is a big birthday for 6z, AKA Mod2, AKA original member. This is one of those birthdays that end in a zero and it would be nice for the virtual world to reach out to my likely despondent cousin as he laments over his wasted, dissolute life and all the people he has let down, his moral lapses and crimes committed both prosecuted and yet undiscovered. Sure, his memory is so impacted that he is struggling to recall a myriad of evil deeds, bad decisions and the resultant landscape of wreckage but even if he wasn't dementia-laden he is too physically impacted to make any meaningful amends to legions of victims and emotional zombies left in his wake. So, I just wanted to do what I can to raise his spirits--as I'm the good and kindly cousin, always focused on his wellbeing--and if everyone would chime in that life is, maybe, still worth living a little bit longer I am sure that he will be somewhat energized to the point of being helped out of bed, putting in his false teeth and spending some quality time in his rocking chair. And, don't forget the depends.

No need to thank me for the emotional support and Happy birthday buddy, J.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 7:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
moral lapses
Been there.

Happy birthday Craig!
Old Jul 25, 2017, 11:08 pm
Community Director Emerita

\And, don't forget the depends.
And yet he continues to travel with you after this trashing of his ethics and health? The mind boggles. Fortunately his ongoing work to make FlyerTalk a better place suggests more competency than this post. We'll go with the seen versus the said.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 8:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
And yet he continues to travel with you...
A cynic might think that I only travel with 6z for the senior discounts and as a way to angle to be a major, more appropriately primary, beneficiary. Craig just travels with me because he likes to be around young people:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/commu...countries.html

Could add a number of countries to the above list and assuming that Texas counts as a country that's next month, Columbia in November.

As an aside, over the years this truth has emerged: some of the most enjoyable business trips are other peoples'.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.