Search

Gilroy Garlic Festival - July 27-29th

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2001, 7:49 pm
EPS
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1P; HHonors Silver
Gilroy Garlic Festival - July 27-29th

Seems like a good time to break this off from the other fairs and festival threads and fire up some interest in one of California's premier solid food events.

Please visit the Gilroy Garlic Festival website for event details, including admission, vendors, entertainment, etc.

The physical event site has a Wine Tent, Gourmet Alley, Arts & Crafts area, three entertainment stages, a Children's Area, and more.

Late July is usually godawful hot in Gilroy (100+ degrees is not uncommon), and sunscreen is a must. Dress accordingly.

There are dozens of food vendors serving up garlic-laced fare (be sure to try the garlic ice cream!), with plenty of dead critters to satisfy serious carnivores. After the festival closes, you probably won't have room for anything else.
Old Jun 15, 2001, 1:05 pm

I used to attend every year during the late eighties. Great fun, lots to eat, a good variety of entertainment, etc. I stayed with locals and partied down as if we were back in the sixties. Far Out©!

It's definitely worth a visit and the garlic ice cream was delicious. Try it, you'll like it©!
Old Jun 15, 2001, 4:31 pm

Programs: Delta, AA
I can smell it from here!
Old Jun 15, 2001, 6:07 pm

I remember great times for all.
Old Jun 15, 2001, 9:46 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Gold
Yeah, but the traffic on 101. Oy vey!
Old Jun 15, 2001, 10:25 pm
EPS
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1P; HHonors Silver
The The Golden Gate Railroad Museum will be running its annual Garlic Train on Saturday and Sunday. The southbound train departs San Francisco at 8:50 a.m., with stops in Burlingame(?) at 9:10 a.m., Redwood City at 9:25 a.m., Palo Alto at 9:35 a.m., San Jose at 10:00 a.m., and arrives in Gilroy at 10:55 a.m. The return train leaves Gilroy at 4:45 p.m., making the same stops, and arrives in San Francisco at 6:50 p.m.

The package price includes roundtrip rail transportation (with "onboard entertainment"), air-conditioned shuttle to Christmas Hill Park, festival admission, and a festival program.

Until June 30: $40 adults; $36 seniors; children 2-12 $20.50; under 2 free. (Departures from San Jose: $37 adult/$33 senior/$19 child.) Prices go up $4 July 1. Group rates available for 10 or more.

Call (415) 822-1883 from a touch-tone phone for official information or to purchase Garlic Train tickets.
Old Jun 18, 2001, 4:06 pm

Programs: UA Gold Million Miler, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
Ah, but two yrs ago, it was in the 70's and I called all my friends! It is a gas and traffic was not that bad.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.