Search

tschau Rae(ban)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2001, 12:48 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
tschau Rae(ban)

A very good FlyerTalk friend just informed be about Rae(ban), Onefreeman's wife (in Phoenix): "She's back in the hospital and has decided that she doesn't want to go through this anymore. She will be going on stronger pain drugs, hopefully going home for the end. He's asked me to let you guys know what's going on".

I know that all our thoughts, hugs & prayers are with Rae, Marty & her family today. (Many of you know Rae(ban) in person, she also participated at the PiP (Party in Paradise) in novmber 1999.
Old Apr 11, 2001, 1:04 pm

Location: controlling the internets from an underground bunker
Programs: So l33t that I don't need a wallet full of cards to prove it. Black is the new Gold.
I'm so sorry. I never got the opportunity to Marty and Rae in person, but everyone I talk to says they are great people. I know some FTers were able to get down to PHX to see them, as recently as this past weekend.

Marty or Rae, if there's ANYTHING I or Flyertalk can do to help you out, do not hesitate to ask. I know this is a difficult time, but we're all your friends and we're here for you.
Old Apr 11, 2001, 1:23 pm
geo1004

{{{{{{Good thoughts & prayers to Marty and Rae}}}}}

Old Apr 11, 2001, 1:23 pm
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
. . . great memories of our get togethers

Old Apr 11, 2001, 2:54 pm
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

You are in all our thoughts and prayers!

With hopes for the very best for you,

Wishing there was more we could do.

-Mark
Old Apr 11, 2001, 4:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plat, Hertz P Circle
Raeban and Onefreeman are two of the nicest FT'ers I've ever met. They were also some of the first FT'ers I met when I was still a rookie on FT, and really set the tone and got me hooked. They have since become like family to me.

My thoughts and prayers go out to them, especially during this season of Easter.

Old Apr 12, 2001, 12:18 am

I, too, haven't had the chance to meet Marty and Rae, but I'm also hoping for the best for my fellow PHXers.
Old Apr 12, 2001, 12:48 am
Original Member

Programs: TSA Refusenik charter member
Watching Raeban's reaction to seeing snow for the first time in her life last St. Patrick's Day in NYC is one of the sweetest, most indelible moments I've witnessed.

Slug salutes both Rae's guts and Marty's bravery. Their story is worth knowing, and lucky you who hears it.
Old Apr 12, 2001, 3:47 am
Original Member

Location: In protest of Flyertalk's uncalledfor censoring of my point of view, I cancelled my InsideFlyer subscription. So long, and thanks for everything.

Sitting on the aft bench of the boat, Rae was next to my wife and chatting up a storm. My 4 year old son was asleep on the bench, resting his head on her leg.

We cruised around Mission Bay, as she pointed out the various places she knew as a child and schoolgirl. We sipped wine and bathed in the sun and the wind. Time itself stopped to allow for the beauty of nature and friendship to saturate our souls.

This is how Rae wanted to remember her life, and how we will always remember her. Not as someone who went back and forth to the hospital, but a kind and beautiful soul at one with the world.
Old Apr 13, 2001, 5:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold
So sad. I join the thoughts and prayers for you.
Old Apr 13, 2001, 8:11 pm
Original Member

All our love to Rae & Marty.

May the Good Lord bless and keep you.......
Old Apr 14, 2001, 8:16 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Gold
I also never got to meet Rae or Marty although everyone who had met them spoke so warmly. You are both in my prayers.
Old Apr 14, 2001, 12:12 pm
RKG

You are both in my thoughts and prayers...
Old Apr 15, 2001, 12:44 pm
Original Member

Location: In protest of Flyertalk's uncalledfor censoring of my point of view, I cancelled my InsideFlyer subscription. So long, and thanks for everything.
Rae Lynn Elliot passed away in her sleep last night.

She will be sorely missed. Her husband Marty reminded us this morning that different people have lives of different lengths, but the quality of our time here on earth is what matters.

Rae lived a life of quality.
http://hometown.aol.com/premex/raeban.html
Old Apr 15, 2001, 1:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.

While I never met Rae, my heart certainly goes out to Marty and her family. She was one of us. And as a flyertalker, she was one of our extended family. If you've ever been to dinner, or had the pleasure of going to one of those 'get togethers', you know what a great extended family we all are on flyertalk.
When one of us is hurting, we're all hurting (tear).

Marty, consider yourself (((hugged))).

May her memory be a blessing.

Dan

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.