FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   CommunityBuzz (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/communitybuzz-380/)
-   -   Imback (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/communitybuzz/191512-imback.html)

BlondeBomber Nov 30, 1999 11:51 pm

Imback

back

Rudi Dec 1, 1999 1:09 am

hurray! all forests saved?
I hope you missed the former famous arrival service at CDG?

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/smile.gif

onefreeman Dec 1, 1999 5:45 am

BB welcome back! During my usual 2am awakening to think of allllll the things that did NOT get done yesterday and allllll the things that MUST get done today, my mind drifted to when you would return. I need the MR Fish newfie thing for a Canadian found wandering in the desert... http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/wink.gif

Hope your trip was wonderful...

Catman Dec 1, 1999 8:43 pm

Excellent Blonde Bomber! I hope the trip went well and that you will be home for the holidays with your lovely wife and daughter!!

And on a personal note: I admire the work you are doing to try to preserve the beauty of nature for our children and future generations!

BlondeBomber Dec 3, 1999 7:33 am

I did indeed miss the incomparable "Arrivals by Rudi" service known to be present from time to time at select airports around the globe. The Air France lounge was comfortable enough but the reason for the cryptic "im back" is the European keyboard. Normally I can handle them but I found it very frustrating on top of which it would disconnect me every 2 minutes (the lounge must have to pay on line time by the minute).

Thanks all for the welcome back. No sooner did I get home but I was on the road again--Edmonton, Toronto, Montreal (where I am now in Xerox Business Centre in AC Maple Leaf Lounge since all computers in Toronto had new software installed overnight and could not connect to the net) and on to Quebec City this afternoon. Return to Calgary Sunday but not home as I immediately have to turn around and go to Ottawa for three more days of meetings. Then that's it -- home sweet home for Christmas! Super Elite surpassed sometime today and will be aiming at the next 10K barrier for new year upgrades etc.

Thanks Dorian for the SE upgrades. For the others, I promised Dorian that I would diligently used them to give them away to deserving people over my next few flights. The first was a great success.

Gave my first one to a 55 year old gentleman from Georgia. He was flying all the way back from Edmonton to Atlanta on AC. I though he could use the upgrade so I asked if he would be interested. I think he was a bit shocked but kindly agreed. The agent upgraded him all the way even though we were only travelling together to Toronto--gotta love those one way upgrades.

He is a farmer and a retired Agriculture Professor "Stan" from University of Georgia who has done work all over, including Africa so we had some great conversations about world problems, solutions, work ethic etc etc over the great AC midnight snack of marinated cold turkey breast and shrimp. Then after a glass of wine and a Drambuie had a couple of hours of solid sleep.

I have been travelling since Saturday morning with precious few hours in real beds along the way so the upgrades to Executive/Executive First have been most appreciated.

Stan and I parted ways after I showed him to the US Customs area (he also profited by being able to use the faster Executive Class Customs lines and access to Toronto's Maple Leaf lounge in the US departure area). Couldn't have found a more deserving individual, very community and people oriented.

BlondeBomber Dec 3, 1999 7:52 am

I am now in Montreal AC Xerox Business Centre in Maple Leaf Lounge as none of the computers in Toronto would connect to the net after a software upgrade last night. All new computers though!! Catch you on the other threads --lots to catch up on.

[This message has been edited by BlondeBomber (edited 12-03-1999).]

BlondeBomber Dec 5, 1999 4:18 pm

Dorian: Used upgrade number 2 to get my friend back from Montreal to St. John's via Halifax (although he is waitlisted on the Halifax-St. John's portion, I think he will clear that as well as there are J seats available just no upgrade seats). He was most appreciate for the seat plus the lounge access it confers.

He is another University Prof and will mark papers while in Executive Class. I travelled with him on only one DASH 8 flight from Quebec to Montreal before we parted ways. The agents were very helpful again in trying to accommodate my request to get him upgraded even though we were not travelling together on any jet flights.

Have a couple of more transcontinental flights over the next few days so will see if I can use more.

BlondeBomber Dec 8, 1999 10:28 pm

Dorian: Used upgrade #3 to accommodate an elderly lady in a wheel chair from Ottawa to Edmonton. She had a husband in the air force (now deceased) so had been all over. Great conversation and most appreciative of the upgrade -- said she "would have trouble going back to flying in economy"!

Dorian Dec 13, 1999 8:23 am

:-)