BOS, anyone?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BOS, anyone?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 1999, 6:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler (mostly earned on CO)
BOS, anyone?

I'll be 20 minutes north of Boston (in Peabody) the week of 12/12-12/17, then in downtown Boston the night of 12/17, shipping out 12/18.

Any interest in a mini-get together? I believe it's been a while since there's been a gathering of the tribe in BOS.
Old Nov 22, 1999, 10:02 am

I might be able to make it - driving, not flying. We have a whole bunch of family get-togethers coming up, so I'll have to check the schedule before I commit to anything.

------------------
"I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own."

Old Nov 22, 1999, 1:59 pm

Programs: JetBlue Mosaic, WN A List Preferred, Hyatt Globalest, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Spire
I should be able to make it...as I live in BOS. Where are you staying in BOS itself?
Old Nov 22, 1999, 3:01 pm
Original Poster

jetsetter: I'll be at the Marriott in Copley Plaza (with that one night's stay putting me at the Marriott Black level ).
Old Nov 22, 1999, 5:39 pm
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Congrat's, dgolds, on reaching Marriott Black- as I slide on down to Gold! I actually thought, from your earlier post that you might actually be staying at the Marriott Peabody, which is a decent very reasonably priced hotel!

[This message has been edited by doc (edited 11-22-1999).]
Old Nov 22, 1999, 8:24 pm
In Memoriam: Original Member

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plat
dgolds,

I will be there the end of Feb, will you still be there?

When are you coming back to SoCal?
Old Nov 22, 1999, 8:51 pm
Original Poster

newself: As much as I like Boston, God, I hope not!

As it is, after the trip to Boston I am going to require a major thawing out via 5 days in Miami. (Unless we have a FT get together, in which case the warmth I will experience there will more than make up for the frosty Boston winter!)

SoCal again? Soon, I hope, but sadly I don't get down there too often. How about a PiP in Laguna or Newport Beach - now that's paradise!

Old Nov 23, 1999, 1:35 pm

dgolds,

There are a lot of thristy FT'ers down here in SoCal so I am sure we can round up a bunch and head down behind the OrangeCurtain for a few libations.

But be warned, if we head down there, we are entering auh20 country!
Old Nov 24, 1999, 4:15 pm
Original Member

dgolds,

If I am in town (and if it's a weekend night I certainly hope to be!) it'd be great to get together. My December schedule is still murky but I am home at the moment...

I am still kicking myself for not realizing that you live in SFO during the time I was there... (I did meet TravelCrazy, BlondeBomber and KatW while there, but TC and BB were visiting too...)

newself - keep me posted on your February BOS plans.
Old Nov 24, 1999, 5:24 pm
Original Poster

Baobab, jetsetter, and Jon: It will be a delight to meet you all. What would be the best of Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday night that week? Looks like I'll be getting together with an old friend in Boston on Friday, so that's out for me.

Midweek is a little better - gives me a night to deal with the time change and the long flights Sunday - but I could make it Monday night if pressed.

[This message has been edited by dgolds (edited 11-24-1999).]
Old Nov 24, 1999, 7:20 pm

I am just a short drive away, so pick a night that is good for everyone else and I'll try to be there.

------------------
"I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own."

Old Nov 25, 1999, 10:36 am

baobab,

I certainly will let you know about my visit in Feb. My son's hockey team wants to play in a tournament there around the Presidents Day holiday. My goal is to get back to the North End for another Italian feast again like I did last Feb.
Old Nov 30, 1999, 9:41 am
Original Member

dgolds, et al

Set up a night that works for you, and let me know when it will be. I am still not certain where I shall be... Tampa and White Plains are on the horizon, so I may be out of town (but won't know until the end of this week) - if I'm in Boston I'll be there...

newself - the most difficult thing about the North End is deciding *which* restaurant to go to...
Old Nov 30, 1999, 5:04 pm

Hi! I, too, am a Boston resident. I'm not sure how a FT get together works, but if I'm invited too, it might be fun to give it a try.
Old Nov 30, 1999, 6:33 pm

Location: North Pole, Polar Ice Cap; Reindeer-ta Gold Medallion, Northstarwood Platinum
Folks, how about if we shoot for Wednesday night? I can be down in Boston by around 7 PM or so, or if it's more convenient for you, we could meet in the north burbs. I'm staying in Peabody but will have a rental car.

Maybe one of you natives could suggest a spot where we could have a bite. I'd love to do something in the North End if y'all are into it.

One more thing - all bets are off if it snows, unless someone could give me a lift. I'm a native Floridian who has lived in California for almost 20 years, and I'm clueless when it comes to driving in bad winter weather conditions.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.