DFW Do? Ever?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DFW Do? Ever?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2017, 9:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Plat AA; UA Gold; Virtuoso Advisor; Marriott Stars; Hyatt Privr; Fairmont
DFW Do? Ever?

I'm searching the forums but no DO in the DFW area. With all the steakhouses around and fun Tex-Mex happy hour how is this possible?
Old Jun 22, 2017, 9:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Have you considered hosting a Dallas Do?
Old Jun 23, 2017, 9:19 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by CometEE
I'm searching the forums but no DO in the DFW area. With all the steakhouses around and fun Tex-Mex happy hour how is this possible?
You are correct, there are not any active Do's in the DFW area, there have been attempts in the past.

Having planned a number of Do's, the easiest way in my opinion to get things started in an area that hasn't been Flyertalk active (from a Community Buzz standpoint) is to simply host a get together for drinks.

Good luck, Chicago has an active group of Flyertalkers, lots of fun to get together.

Edited to add: here is a good current thread about how a fellow Flyertalker is attempting to get things started: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/commu...st-sat-do.html
Old Jun 23, 2017, 6:15 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Wow, I can't believe this was 11 years ago! Still one of my favorite Do's ... http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/commu...ver-y-all.html
Old Jun 25, 2017, 10:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: Plat AA; UA Gold; Virtuoso Advisor; Marriott Stars; Hyatt Privr; Fairmont
Originally Posted by tcook052
Have you considered hosting a Dallas Do?
No. Thought I needed to be very active on here in order to do so. Never been to one but will look into hosting one when the heat dies down a little.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 10:09 am
Original Poster

Wow! That looks like it was a lot of fun. I'm def going to research and take a stab at it but I will need help

Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
Wow, I can't believe this was 11 years ago! Still one of my favorite Do's ... http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/commu...ver-y-all.html

Last edited by CometEE; Jun 27, 2017 at 8:56 am
Old Jun 25, 2017, 1:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
No. Thought I needed to be very active on here in order to do so. Never been to one but will look into hosting one when the heat dies down a little.
Nope, no requirement that members be active in order to host a get together and it might be a great way for you to meet other members both locals and out-of-towners.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 1:40 pm

Programs: Choice Hotels/FFOCUS
I think you should pick a date & place & get it going. I've done a few dinners here, nothing fancy. And no date works for everyone.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 3:03 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
This older thread could be used as a guide for the types of casual meetings that happened in the past and those who attended them (although not all are still active members) http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/commu...ng-thread.html
Old Jun 27, 2017, 8:59 am
Original Poster

Thanks all! I'm going with dinner and drinks - and eventually a date that works for a few ppl
Old Jul 3, 2017, 9:39 am

Programs: Non-Affiliated
I always thought it would be pretty awesome for a picnic at Founders Park.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: 2008 FT1 Fantasy Football Champion
Flyinhawaiian linked to the old DFW Gathering thread above.
Back in the day, there was a decent group of us who would get together monthly-ish. Over time, life intervened, some moved away, other stuff happened, and we just lost interest.
From my time participating in the DFW Gatherings, it seemed to be somewhat difficult to get people out of their 'hoods in the metroplex. Dallas people don't want to go west, Fort Worth people don't want to go east, Denton people don't want to go south, etc. It did happen, but not consistently.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 7:01 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
You can always see if anyone is local to you in the Where We All Live thread: Where We All Live
-
CometEE likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.