Reload this Page >

LEX Horse & Bourbon DO XI, October 6-8, 2017

LEX Horse & Bourbon DO XI, October 6-8, 2017

Old Aug 2, 2017, 12:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
LEX just published as one AA's reduced mileage award cities for this Fall (Aug-Nov) for AA Citi (and Aviator) cardholders. Might be an option for someone, assuming you can find award availability. Up to 7,500 miles off roundtrip award (depending on card and flight length)

-FlyerBeek
Thanks for noticing that and posting!
Old Aug 3, 2017, 8:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
Looks like hotels are starting to get pretty booked up for that weekend. The Four Points won't let me book a Friday arrival with a Sunday departure. Looks like I'm going to wind up at some Motel 6 that makes the Four Points look like a W.
Four Points LEX has availability again for Friday arrival and a 2 night stay. Not a bad use of Starpoints, considering rooms are now $189/night.

-FlyerBeek
Old Aug 9, 2017, 8:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Wyndham has a new promo where you get 7500 per stay, limit 2. Good until end of October. That's enough for a night in ANY Wyndham worldwide, which can be worth hundreds of dollars.

LEX has some possibilities during the H&B DO for around $70 or less.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 5:34 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Aeroplan 25K, UA Silver
Have just finalized my arrangements for the DO. Couldn't get the discounted AA saver rates except from Wed night (arriving Thurs) and leaving Tuesday. Luckily, able to use points for the Sheraton.

As a result of my schedule, will be planning on some extra activities in case anyone else is interested. Open to whatever works for others.

I have tickets to the Kentucky Horse Park that I can guest up to three people in (open 7 days a week in October).

I would like to see "Old Friends" (retirement home for thoroughbreds).

Planning on seeing Mammoth Caves (couple of hours drive each way from .), so most likely on Monday, Oct 9th

Plus, of course, the DO (Keeneland, Stellas, and so on).

Will be great to see everyone since I missed the April trip due to cancelled plane.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 6:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cocobird
Have just finalized my arrangements for the DO. Couldn't get the discounted AA saver rates except from Wed night (arriving Thurs) and leaving Tuesday. Luckily, able to use points for the Sheraton.

As a result of my schedule, will be planning on some extra activities in case anyone else is interested. Open to whatever works for others.

I have tickets to the Kentucky Horse Park that I can guest up to three people in (open 7 days a week in October).

I would like to see "Old Friends" (retirement home for thoroughbreds).

Planning on seeing Mammoth Caves (couple of hours drive each way from .), so most likely on Monday, Oct 9th

Plus, of course, the DO (Keeneland, Stellas, and so on).

Will be great to see everyone since I missed the April trip due to cancelled plane.
Glad you were able to make arrangements. Hope the flights make it!
Old Aug 18, 2017, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Bourbons only distributed in KY:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/karlaal.../#38e14e691ad6
Old Aug 18, 2017, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
Wish I could make it but I have to be in LAS that Sunday in advance of a big trade show. I am probably going to be flying out to LAS a couple days early so I will at least be betting Keeneland from a race and sports book on Saturday the 7th.

Saturday 10/7 is THE big day of the Keeneland fall meet:

https://www.keeneland.com/racing/kee...2017-fall-meet

I will be happy to share my handicapping thoughts ahead of time if y'all wind up going to the track on Saturday.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Herb687
Wish I could make it but I have to be in LAS that Sunday in advance of a big trade show. I am probably going to be flying out to LAS a couple days early so I will at least be betting Keeneland from a race and sports book on Saturday the 7th.

Saturday 10/7 is THE big day of the Keeneland fall meet:

https://www.keeneland.com/racing/kee...2017-fall-meet

I will be happy to share my handicapping thoughts ahead of time if y'all wind up going to the track on Saturday.
Sure, would be happy to hear your thoughts on handicapping.

Maybe see you in April.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 3:54 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Flights look reasonable, being quarter end it will be tough time for me. I might try to fly in Friday night, and leave on Sunday. Will keep y'all posted.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 6:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Psyduck1
Flights look reasonable, being quarter end it will be tough time for me. I might try to fly in Friday night, and leave on Sunday. Will keep y'all posted.
Ok, good.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 7:18 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Aeroplan 25K, UA Silver
I am looking at a charity auction offering box seats at Keeneland on the finish line for 6 people on opening Saturday. It closes tomorrow night (about 24 hrs). Right now there is only one bidder at $150. I am considering bidding on this if others are interested in chipping in on the cost to attend.

Having been to been to Keeneland before, general admission is a mad house and reserved grandstand is sold out. The secondary market for reserved grandstand seems to be running $35 and up.

Any interest?
Old Aug 25, 2017, 7:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cocobird
I am looking at a charity auction offering box seats at Keeneland on the finish line for 6 people on opening Saturday. It closes tomorrow night (about 24 hrs). Right now there is only one bidder at $150. I am considering bidding on this if others are interested in chipping in on the cost to attend.

Having been to been to Keeneland before, general admission is a mad house and reserved grandstand is sold out. The secondary market for reserved grandstand seems to be running $35 and up.

Any interest?
Good thought, but we probably do not have enough attendees to make this worthwhile.
Old Sep 1, 2017, 6:58 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
You can upgrade me to attending/likely -- flying into/out of CVG late Friday/Sunday.
Old Sep 1, 2017, 7:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Zorak
You can upgrade me to attending/likely -- flying into/out of CVG late Friday/Sunday.
See you there.
Old Sep 1, 2017, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Zorak
What are your flight times? I'm going in/out of CVG around the same ish time. Landing ~9:30pm, departing mid/late afternoon.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.