Wiki Posts
Search

10th Annual WineDo - June 11, 2017 in NYC at North Square

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2017, 10:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by DLroads
I'm asking y'all et al to please stay tuned, and raise a glass of nice wine for your summer joy
Discriminations! Discriminations! What if some of us are having wine in winter joy right now?
Old Jun 26, 2017, 10:33 am

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Discriminations! Discriminations! What if some of us are having wine in winter joy right now?
Obviously you are on the wrong side of the world.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 1:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Wine Do 11 date is...

I have to be in MSY on June 10th, so WineDo11 will be June 3, 2018.

The date is set in concrete but... don't make any plans until I post something officially in January. You never know when something will pop up on my schedule.

dh
Old Sep 24, 2017, 9:20 pm

Programs: DL KM/DM/2MM (NH Plat emeritus, CO Plat emeritus, and no place like home)
Three months (minus one day) follow up point for 10.5

As noted above/below, I've been on the roads and back, and back to the roads again. Well, here are the updates.

1. I've been back to y'all favorite place and had a talk with them. If the logistics permit, we will go with the favorite venue. If the logistics will not permit, I'd be working on a very good plan B. My goal is that price will not go more than few hundred JPY above the previous x.5 do. I am optimistic re: pricing. I am carefully optimistic about the logistics. Any questions- you may PM me.

2. I am aiming at 01-27-2018. I know you'd really like to book flights, hotels, etc. But, please be patient for few days. I'd do the at most to accommodate the schedule, but the constraints this year are somewhat more complicated. Aka- the city is under huge renovations, and that guy in DC is not paying for them... all said and done, I am optimistic re: schedule.

I will call upon the usual suspects to help approve the wine list. There would be a theme and I forecast it will involve bubbly, bubbles and more bubbles. Bear with me abit more and hopefully we can make it an official 10.5

Originally Posted by DLroads
Though I'm on the roads, I've been asked few times. Hence, I will make the following announcement:
1. I'm noting the 27th request. Hence, I will aim at jan-27-2018. No guarantees, but I'd do my at most to meet this request.
2. That said, due to other research constraints, I will not get to think the details before mid-September. (Maybe after labor day weekend, if I'm somewhat lucky)
3. As you know, once we set the date, the date is set. We do not let anything - rain, shine, snowstorm, governors' closeout, weddings, bar mitzvas, or any other details interfere with the master plan for the masters meal.

I'm asking y'all et al to please stay tuned, and raise a glass of nice wine for your summer joy
Old Sep 25, 2017, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by dhammer53

The date is set in concrete but... don't make any plans until I post something officially in January. You never know when something will pop up on my schedule.

dh
Unhappily, we cannot make June 3, 2018.

We made arrangements for f0zzyNUE's Do without realizing the WineDo was so early in June and they will be very difficult to unwind.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 8:40 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G

dh
I will just be getting back from three weeks in Italy so another trip right away is not possible. This year set a record for me flying and next year is already looking to be just as interesting. Later in June after I have settled back in would be better for me.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 7:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Originally Posted by monitor
Unhappily, we cannot make June 3, 2018.

We made arrangements for f0zzyNUE's Do without realizing the WineDo was so early in June and they will be very difficult to unwind.
Originally Posted by BOB W
I will just be getting back from three weeks in Italy so another trip right away is not possible. This year set a record for me flying and next year is already looking to be just as interesting. Later in June after I have settled back in would be better for me.
Old Sep 30, 2017, 5:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat

dh
June 3 is a likely no-go for me as well.
Old Oct 1, 2017, 10:15 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hilton, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott

dh
If the 6/3/2018 date holds, I would be flying to NYC from Australia or New Zealand - I'm attending the Oz Fest DO the prior weekend then spending additional time in the Land Down Under.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.