Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Oz Fest 14 Newcastle, NSW, Australia. USA Memorial Day Weekend May 26 to May 28, 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Oz Fest 14 Newcastle, NSW, Australia. USA Memorial Day Weekend May 26 to May 28, 2017

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2017, 10:46 pm

Programs: QF LTG, Velocity FF Red, HH Diamond, PC Platinum Ambassador, UA Nothing
Originally Posted by perthite
Count me as a scratching for this....(There might be a last minute change, but I'm not counting on it)
Another dislike button required here.
Old May 5, 2017, 7:27 am

Programs: UA 2.5MM; HH Diamond; Hyatt Platinum; MR Gold
Unfortunately, I have been unable to get the stars to align, so must downgrade to Bronze. That said, I do hope to make it Down Under sometime later this year (for one thing, I need the elite qualifying miles and spend!). If I do make it, I hope I can catch up with several of you. And with any luck, I'll be able to make Oz Fest 15, wherever it will be.
Old May 5, 2017, 2:18 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by gvdIAD
Unfortunately, I have been unable to get the stars to align, so must downgrade to Bronze. That said, I do hope to make it Down Under sometime later this year (for one thing, I need the elite qualifying miles and spend!). If I do make it, I hope I can catch up with several of you. And with any luck, I'll be able to make Oz Fest 15, wherever it will be.
Oh dear, I am sorry to hear this news.
Old May 5, 2017, 2:58 pm

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by restlessinRNO
Same here! We can't always count on running into you in another Hilton Lounge, as we did in Malta back in January.
Old May 5, 2017, 3:11 pm
kpc

Programs: QF Plat, VA Gold, HH Diam, PC Plat, SPG Gold
...We will be in DC in July 2-5 if you are around.
Old May 5, 2017, 4:30 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by kpc
...We will be in DC in July 2-5 if you are around.
Sorry to hear gvdIAD. Any of you connecting thru IAH, I'd be happy to arrange a micro-DO. Especially if kpc needs to make an unplanned NZ run again!
Old May 6, 2017, 9:06 am

Programs: NW Plat, Hilton, Avis
Originally Posted by Fredd
Same here! We can't always count on running into you in another Hilton Lounge, as we did in Malta back in January.
Long time no see GD. Sorry to miss you this time. Catch up soon, I hope. BD
Old May 8, 2017, 11:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Great schedule all put together, and the Sunday at RAAF Fighter World sounds really superb.

Well done to the organisers. ^

Sadly we need to downgrade to Bronze, as we wanted to get a visit to the Faroe Islands locked in for Summer for see Puffin Birds etc, as weather there offers a limited window of going, and only 2 flights a week Edinburgh-Faroes. The only opening that works is flying to Europe May 30, and that sadly cuts right across Ozfest.

Have a drink on us, and I am sure we'll catch up with some of the overseas regulars as they pass via SYD.

Glen and Margo
Old May 9, 2017, 2:11 am

Programs: First Time Flyer
Originally Posted by penegal
Please add penegal to the Platinum list also.

... Sorry - Copper list.
Re-Affirming my "Copper" Status.

I am already double booked on the Saturday which is still several weeks away.
Old May 9, 2017, 5:10 am

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by ozstamps
The only opening that works is flying to Europe May 30, and that sadly cuts right across Ozfest.

Glen and Margo
Originally Posted by penegal
Re-Affirming my "Copper" Status.
Sorry to miss you. As for us, we may be among the first departing for Oz Fest, repositioning today to SFO on AS before flying on UA Business award tickets SFO-LHR-VIE-ZRH-NRT-PVG-SYD (UA, OS, LX, CA), with multi-day layovers in Austria and Japan.
Old May 10, 2017, 5:41 pm

Programs: w/+1: AS MVPG; IHG/Marriott Plat; Hilton/BW Diamond; Hertz Prez; SG Silver
The CP in Newcastle has reduced prices due to the IHG Escapes promo. If you booked a refundable rate (which I always do), you might want to check the new prices.
Old May 16, 2017, 6:36 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, BAEC Silver, Hyatt-Globalist, Hilton-gold, SPG-gold
Trying to figure out how much Australian currency to bring. Are credit cards accepted for transit? Do we need cash for the DO dinners?
Old May 16, 2017, 7:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Fredd
Sorry to miss you. As for us, we may be among the first departing for Oz Fest, repositioning today to SFO on AS before flying on UA Business award tickets SFO-LHR-VIE-ZRH-NRT-PVG-SYD (UA, OS, LX, CA), with multi-day layovers in Austria and Japan.
So how do you wangle 2 stopovers on a RT award?

Glen
Old May 16, 2017, 7:43 pm

Programs: w/+1: AS MVPG; IHG/Marriott Plat; Hilton/BW Diamond; Hertz Prez; SG Silver
Originally Posted by smitty06
Trying to figure out how much Australian currency to bring. Are credit cards accepted for transit? Do we need cash for the DO dinners?
Not really the answer you sought, but you might get an ATM card, preferably one that has no network requirement. This guarantees you a favorable exchange rate, too. I know Fidelity has this and probably other brokerage houses and banks as well.
Old May 16, 2017, 8:02 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, BAEC Silver, Hyatt-Globalist, Hilton-gold, SPG-gold
Originally Posted by rxgeek
Not really the answer you sought, but you might get an ATM card, preferably one that has no network requirement. This guarantees you a favorable exchange rate, too. I know Fidelity has this and probably other brokerage houses and banks as well.
Something probably every good traveler should have.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.