Bailey the Dog (Barks)
Justice the Dog (sperkins921)
Lilly the Cat (sperkins921)
Tink the Dog (tagmmr)
Cobaka the Dog (kipper)
Geno the Dog (kipper)
Schultz the Dog (kipper)
Sammy the Newfoundland (lisamcgu)
Collective Cats (Washington, Twinkle, Hershey) (CDTraveler)
Print Wikipost

FT Santa Paws 2016

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2016, 8:51 am

Programs: AA, Starwood, Hyatt, Starbucks Gold
Healthy too

Originally Posted by jamesteroh
They a tubed treat but liquid consistency so you have to squirt them into a dish. They have a couple different flavors and my cat loves them. I wasn't able to find them at either Petco or Petsmarts site so you probably can only find them at smaller specialty pet stores and they have a few different flavors. They are on Amazon at:
https://www.amazon.com/Ciao-Creamy-B...uru+cat+treats

They were cheaper at the pet store I got them at than what amazon wants. If you have cats get them, they'll love them.
Actually made by Caio (inabaciao.com). I got them directly from the rep at The Wharf pet store in Ventura, CA. Only about $4 each, so not too bad. I was going to include the info handout but forgot. They are made in USA with farm raised chicken or dolphin free tuna and are natural and without preservatives. I was thrilled that it was something so wholesome that would also be easy on little Tuggers teeth 😬

Last edited by lisamcgu; Dec 28, 2016 at 9:17 am
Old Dec 28, 2016, 8:57 am

No to nylabone

Originally Posted by sperkins921
Justice is a big girl (95#) and strong jawed. We have had good luck with toys made of firehose material and Tuffy brand toys. She has 3 Tuffy toys, the firehose pull toy, and a Kong ball (it has a handle so she can 'carry' and 'toss' it herself) since she was a baby and she's turning 3 now. All still intact. The ball has gotten daily use, the Tuffy toys nearly daily use. Ironically? She does not prefer Kong or Nylabone- not that we give her Nylabone, but she shows no interest in them at the pet store.
That poor Nylabone Sammy got last year for xmas. My friend had the best intentions, but he shredded the end and started bleeding all over it as the shards cut into his mouth! 😳
Old Dec 28, 2016, 9:09 am

Programs: DL Silver
Here's a picture of pudding licking the wholly hell out of her cat nip toy.
Attached Images  
Old Dec 28, 2016, 9:27 am

Programs: AA Gold, OW Ruby, IHG PLT, JB Mosiac, Delta Silver, VA Silver, AK MVP, Hyatt Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by lisamcgu
That poor Nylabone Sammy got last year for xmas. My friend had the best intentions, but he shredded the end and started bleeding all over it as the shards cut into his mouth! 😳
Which is why we don't give them to her! I know people love them, but I feel like power chewers/strong biters just end up shredding or splintering them and then the poor babies irritate their gums....or worse, swallow a piece.

My baby gets only natural bone, antler, sinew, etc for purpose of chewing. Or things she can't destruct. Yep, I'm that overprotective doggy mom. lol
Old Dec 28, 2016, 9:31 am

Programs: AA Gold, OW Ruby, IHG PLT, JB Mosiac, Delta Silver, VA Silver, AK MVP, Hyatt Gold, Marriott Silver
Ms. Justice....

Yes, a girl can never have too many toys lol
Attached Images  
Old Dec 28, 2016, 2:28 pm

okay, lets see if this works, I haven't been on flickr is a long time and was reminiscing on a lot of old pics I didn't know I have Here's Sammy intent on that cookie, sitting and being as good as possible to get it!

Why is this not working?? I think its flickr. Any recommendations for a hosting site?

Last edited by lisamcgu; Dec 29, 2016 at 10:53 pm
Old Dec 28, 2016, 3:04 pm

Programs: DL 2.8 MM/PM, AA MM/GLD, Marriott LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by pbjag
Yes!! Marino received a package addressed to him last week. It is under the tree (have not opened yet) and he is EXTREMELY interested in the box, so I suspect something inside has catnip. Will post pixs when we (er, he) opens it on Christmas. Thanks!
And (finally!) here are pictures of Marino after he opened his new favorite toys on Christmas. Thanks tfly212 and TJ!
Attached Images   
Old Dec 28, 2016, 3:21 pm

okay, lets see if this works, I haven't been on flickr is a long time and was reminiscing on a lot of old pics I didn't know I have Here's Sammy intent on that cookie, sitting and being as good as possible to get it!

okaaay, didn't work. Will someone post how to post a pic? I can't seem to find the url on flicker that works.
Don't know about Flickr, but there's a helpful post on including photos in FT posts linked in the wiki at the top of the Secret Santa thread which is either just above or just below this thread at any given time.
Old Dec 28, 2016, 7:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
yes, yes, that would be terrible to send a dog chocolate, and here I said that. Had to chuckle. We have always fed our dog everything, so he won't be sensitive, including avocado, nuts, veggies, all that they say is bad, but he continues to tolerate well, and if not we eat carrots together or I put carrot shreds in his food, which clears him up immediately. But even with that I draw the line at sweets, maybe a little pinkie tip corner of something just so he gets a micro taste of it, and our big guy handles it no problem, so it didn't occur to me that stating they were carob was essential. Ha ha, thanks for clearing that up, I can imagine most reading and being a bit horrified thinking bad Santa 🎅 still chuckling 😄
Mine love the carob cookies!
thank you for the kong too!! I am very careful about what toys he gets and I should note that kipper sent the original, biggest Kong they make, which is truly indestructible. Most I have to take away as he disseminates them, so he doesn't eat any bad parts, like the squeaker. I pretty much gave up on trying to find inexpensive toys for him. Very surprised at this thoughtful and knowledgeable gift
We have some destructive dogs here, so and when you described his size, I figured he needed the largest Kong possible!
Old Dec 30, 2016, 3:32 pm

Maxx Bailey Sophia and Jackson apparently love Amazon....

As promised, Lilly and Justice are back to think Bailey, Maxx, Sophia, and Jackson for their wonderful bounty of gifts- WHICH ARE STILL COMING!?!

Warning to B&M and S&J's mommies: you might have compulsive amazon shoppers in your midst!

I thought we were done but boxes and packages have arrived every day the past four days, including today. I *think* it's finally safe to post pictures and reviews. But if anything else arrives, I'll be sure to thank everyone.

I must also preface this with the warning that I'm still wrestling with this respiratory bug- I'm feeling better but the congestion keeps me up coughing at night. Thus, please, no one judge the status of my dining room! lol. It's hard to clean when you're averaging 3-4 broken hours of sleep a night.

Though, I did have to make an obligatory beer shot in the background for Kipper. Shipyard is my fave pumpkin ale and relatively local to MA. Leine's berry Weiss because Berry Weiss!! (and my alma mater is UW- where Leine's is brewed), and Angry Orchard to go with Jack and Jim- honey flavored. All the microbrew stuff is in the beer fridge that you can't see, sorry Kipper. Oh, and there's wine. Lots and lots of wine. And booze. Please, no judging

Justice was partial to Lilly but now believes Sophia and Jackson are the BEST kitties ever. At least, she thinks they're kitties. She seems to think they have pretty good taste in doggy treats and toys AND kitty treats (my girls are oppourtunists- they will steal treats and toys whether they are for puppy or kitty.....) She also wonders how Bailey and Maxx knew that a tuffy style 'lobstah' was on her wish list.

The bounty includes:
  • Blue Wilderness Kitty/Puppy treats in Turkey (a big hit!)
  • Chicken flavored Churu sticks (dude! this smells just like Sunday roast chicken!!)
  • Kong catnip beaver (at least it's not a kitty....how would I explain that? )
  • Yeow stuffed catnip toys (they look like fruits and veggies....or maybe I'm just hungry)
  • Smarty Cat organic catnip
  • Omega Paw Treat Ball (hehehe Ms Justice now has to work for snacks!!)
  • Two water/food bowls on carabiners (perfect for Justice's runs with daddy- mommy runs but is too slow- and even better for hikes with mommy)
  • A grey Nylon pack away water bowl on a carabiner (GENIUS!! This will work for the above- but holds more so will get lots of use in the summer!)
  • Kong Naturals Catnip
  • Tuffy-style Lobster (Lobstah!!! Who doesn't love Lobstah?!?)
  • And a tiger striped Tuffy bone to add to Justice's collection (a girl can never have too many toys)
  • Paw Beam Laser cat toy (Lilly is too busy begging for catnip to have tried this yet...)
Without further ado:
Attached Images    
Old Dec 30, 2016, 7:07 pm

Originally Posted by MissJoeyDFW
Sophia and Jackson were able to open and play with their toys yesterday. Thank you to their Secret Santa. They love new toys and treats and things that fly in the air that they can chase. Sophia and Jackson had a Meowy Christmas!

Did Sophia and Jackson figure out the puzzle feeder yet?

If you want to see a video of my cats' reaction to it, on http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/commu...thread-37.html Post #554 has 2 of my guys first reaction to having to work for their meals.
Old Dec 31, 2016, 8:25 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sperkins921
As promised, Lilly and Justice are back to think Bailey, Maxx, Sophia, and Jackson for their wonderful bounty of gifts- WHICH ARE STILL COMING!?!

Warning to B&M and S&J's mommies: you might have compulsive amazon shoppers in your midst!

I thought we were done but boxes and packages have arrived every day the past four days, including today. I *think* it's finally safe to post pictures and reviews. But if anything else arrives, I'll be sure to thank everyone.

I must also preface this with the warning that I'm still wrestling with this respiratory bug- I'm feeling better but the congestion keeps me up coughing at night. Thus, please, no one judge the status of my dining room! lol. It's hard to clean when you're averaging 3-4 broken hours of sleep a night.

Though, I did have to make an obligatory beer shot in the background for Kipper. Shipyard is my fave pumpkin ale and relatively local to MA. Leine's berry Weiss because Berry Weiss!! (and my alma mater is UW- where Leine's is brewed), and Angry Orchard to go with Jack and Jim- honey flavored. All the microbrew stuff is in the beer fridge that you can't see, sorry Kipper. Oh, and there's wine. Lots and lots of wine. And booze. Please, no judging

Justice was partial to Lilly but now believes Sophia and Jackson are the BEST kitties ever. At least, she thinks they're kitties. She seems to think they have pretty good taste in doggy treats and toys AND kitty treats (my girls are oppourtunists- they will steal treats and toys whether they are for puppy or kitty.....) She also wonders how Bailey and Maxx knew that a tuffy style 'lobstah' was on her wish list.

The bounty includes:
  • Blue Wilderness Kitty/Puppy treats in Turkey (a big hit!)
  • Chicken flavored Churu sticks (dude! this smells just like Sunday roast chicken!!)
  • Kong catnip beaver (at least it's not a kitty....how would I explain that? )
  • Yeow stuffed catnip toys (they look like fruits and veggies....or maybe I'm just hungry)
  • Smarty Cat organic catnip
  • Omega Paw Treat Ball (hehehe Ms Justice now has to work for snacks!!)
  • Two water/food bowls on carabiners (perfect for Justice's runs with daddy- mommy runs but is too slow- and even better for hikes with mommy)
  • A grey Nylon pack away water bowl on a carabiner (GENIUS!! This will work for the above- but holds more so will get lots of use in the summer!)
  • Kong Naturals Catnip
  • Tuffy-style Lobster (Lobstah!!! Who doesn't love Lobstah?!?)
  • And a tiger striped Tuffy bone to add to Justice's collection (a girl can never have too many toys)
  • Paw Beam Laser cat toy (Lilly is too busy begging for catnip to have tried this yet...)
Without further ado:
Wow, your furbabies were good this year! Empress Cobaka says that she could never be that good for an entire year!
Old Dec 31, 2016, 3:19 pm

Originally Posted by CDTraveler
Did Sophia and Jackson figure out the puzzle feeder yet?

If you want to see a video of my cats' reaction to it, on http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/commu...thread-37.html Post #554 has 2 of my guys first reaction to having to work for their meals.
Jackson knocks the food down and Sophia eats the results. She makes no attempt to get the food down, Jackson does all the work for her. Smart kitty!

Watched the video, pretty cats! I love seeing videos and photos of kitties.

Last edited by MissJoeyDFW; Dec 31, 2016 at 6:02 pm
Old Jan 15, 2017, 5:10 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MissJoeyDFW
Jackson knocks the food down and Sophia eats the results. She makes no attempt to get the food down, Jackson does all the work for her. Smart kitty!

Watched the video, pretty cats! I love seeing videos and photos of kitties.
Very smart cat! Does Jackson get any of the food?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.