Reload this Page >

Secret Santa 2016 Official Thread!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 20, 2016, 1:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: steveman518
Remember this is an unofficial record and that you must PM wharvey when you ship and receive gifts as per the rules in the first post!
This is an unofficial wiki maintained by steveman518. Please fill in gifts you've received if you can. However if you can't, steveman518 will check every post-PM for questions as well
Basic photo upload tutorial (if you choose not to upload directly to Flyertalk)
Find a site to upload your photo to another site
Direct copy the link of the photo or right click on the image and select "copy image URL" or "copy image address". Make sure that the link ends with .jpg/.tif or any other image extension (there may be issues with google images)
Place that link in between the
Code:
[IMG][/IMG] tags
GIFTS RECEIVED
3furballs #1
Annexation #1
annielee #1
AtomicLush #1 (part 2) (part 3) (part 4)
Bravada04 #1
BXIAN #1 (part 2) #2 #3 #4 #5 #6
Catman #1
CDTraveler #1 #2
Chink400 #1 #2
ckidder 331 #1 #2 #3
compubit #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
CPH-Flyer #1 #2
DeepUnderground #1
DevilDawg1960 #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
dibby #1 #2 #3
diburning #1 #2
dogdogcatcat #1
Dogmatick #1
durberville #1 #2
financialhippie #1
Flyiboy #1 #2
FlyingCow #1 (part 2) #2 #3
fnaime23 #1 #2
fralcole #1
genoa #1
Glamette #1
grbflyer #1 #2
Gregor #1
gsegall #1 #2
HockeyMom93 #1
horizontal #1
jamesteroh #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
jetset09 #1
Jinxy #1 #2
jondabomb #1 #2
kauppias #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
kevinflyaway #1 #2
kipper #1 (part 2) (part 3) #2 #3 #4 #5 #6
kolican #1
laguna1 #1
Lakee911 #1
linzbh #1
Lisabeth #1 #2 #3 #4
lksf #1
malexander131 #1
MappingChick #1
Marcia3641 #1
mdovenmuehler #1 #2
Middle_Kingdom #1
miffSC #1 #2 #3
miko2a #1 #2
MissChele #1
missydarlin #1 #2 #3
MrDplus #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7
nomadic.relief #1 #2
ohlradio #1
oliver2002 #1
onfo #1
onthewaytoadventure #1 #2
pbjag #1 (part 2) #2
poohbear808 #1
poptarts #1 (part 2)
Redhead #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 (part 2)
Ricecakes #1
Richard Chen #1
RockinRon #1 #2
Runner123 #1 (part 2)
samosa #1 #2
sandratravels #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
ScGhost0 #1
SDQBound#1
shutterbugguy #1
sperkins921 #1 #2
SteveHK #1 #2 #3 #4
steveman518 #1 #2 (part 2) #3
strawbearlyjamms #1
TangoThree #1
Tblack15 #1
tcl #1 #2
thatguyatthebar #1
thehowieee #1 #2
Thomas Sivapathan #1
tingadingling #1
token385 #1
TokyoFoodie #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
Tpa-flyer #1 (part 2) (part 3)
tzvilev #1 (part 2) (part 3) #2 #3
whherron #1
WriterGirlLinds #1
yunicorner #1
YVRorange #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
Print Wikipost

Secret Santa 2016 Official Thread!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2016, 6:55 am

Programs: AA Gold, OW Ruby, IHG PLT, JB Mosiac, Delta Silver, VA Silver, AK MVP, Hyatt Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by Thomas Sivapatham
was a memory that's for sure.

- if people need a distraction from all the merriness - here is the Katmandu back to back turnaround attempt -

cops, rifles and a very good staff member

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/etiha...naround-2.html
Holy Crap!! What a story! Makes me a little nervous to ever try to do a status or mileage run, but I'm guessing one that involves Kathmandu is not exactly a newbie run in the first place LOL
Old Dec 4, 2016, 3:04 pm

Programs: DL 2.8 MM/PM, AA MM/GLD, Marriott LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Received an amazing gift from MrDPlus - two bottles of 91 point rated Chardonnay. Cannot wait to try this!

Even better, his gift introduced me to a site I was not familiar with WTSO - Wines Till Sold Out. Looking forward to exploring that site as well!

Thanks, MrDPlus!
Attached Images  
Old Dec 4, 2016, 4:25 pm

Programs: BA Silver, UA, DL Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by pbjag
Received an amazing gift from MrDPlus - two bottles of 91 point rated Chardonnay. Cannot wait to try this!

Even better, his gift introduced me to a site I was not familiar with WTSO - Wines Till Sold Out. Looking forward to exploring that site as well!

Thanks, MrDPlus!
Enjoy!

I love WTSO. It can become an addiction, though

There's another part of your gift, which according to USPS was delivered or left at mailbox yesterday.
Old Dec 4, 2016, 6:17 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by sperkins921
Holy Crap!! What a story! Makes me a little nervous to ever try to do a status or mileage run, but I'm guessing one that involves Kathmandu is not exactly a newbie run in the first place LOL
No you must do one - it can be a lot of fun and rewarding in many ways.

After weeks of organising I had several choices to do a turnaround and without doing proper research I chose KTM - so that's my mistake.
Old Dec 4, 2016, 7:58 pm

Programs: AA Gold, OW Ruby, IHG PLT, JB Mosiac, Delta Silver, VA Silver, AK MVP, Hyatt Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by pbjag

Thanks, MrDPlus!
Thanks for the heads up on this- I'm always looking to try new wine. I went to the site and found a mouthwatering (based on description anyway) California Cabernet. So I then made an account and was told that I live in a state that the site can't ship to

Probably a good thing for my wallet anyway.....
Old Dec 4, 2016, 8:06 pm

Programs: DL 2.8 MM/PM, AA MM/GLD, Marriott LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
I definitely can see where WTSO could become an addiction!
Thanks for the heads up about the other package (there's more-awesome?!).
We have central community mailboxes and I've not trekked down there in a few days; will do so tomorrow.

Originally Posted by MrDplus
Enjoy!

I love WTSO. It can become an addiction, though

There's another part of your gift, which according to USPS was delivered or left at mailbox yesterday.
Old Dec 4, 2016, 10:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Came home to find another secret santa gift. Amazon gift card and toys for my cat.

Great timing because I had some stuff I needed to order for my trip coming up tonight from Amazon. My cat Tugger loves the toys, I could keep him away from them long enough to take the pic, must be some heavy duty cat nip in them

Old Dec 5, 2016, 7:14 am
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
SANTA UPDATE: All final assignments have been made and private messaged to each person.

I ask that everyone work to finalize their packages and get them sent out... and provide me updates.
Old Dec 5, 2016, 7:17 am

Originally Posted by MrDplus
When you come to the Iowa State Fair, let me know. I've only lived here for 3.5 years, and have yet to go to the fair.
Will do - and let me know if you ever need recommendations or a tour guide in DC.

Originally Posted by sperkins921
Also, to the person dating someone from Wisconsin, you have got to give the creampuffs and brownies from the Wisconsin State fair a chance! Oh! And the milk shots! They give you small cups, not exactly shot glass size but not exactly as big as a highball or old-fashioned either, of milk. The kicker? You get to pick from quite a number of flavorings to go into your milk. It is the dairy state after all ;-)
Sounds delicious! Ironically, I've actually only been to the Minnesota State Fair so far. The Wisconsin Fair has never lined up with one of our visits back to the area, though we did make it to Summer Fest this year, which was a blast. Kind of like a state fair environment (fried cheese curds! corn on the cob dunked in a butter bath!), with a bunch of fun music stages to boot.

I've also never had more generously topped bloody marys than in Wisconsin, and they even usually come with a "beer chaser" on the side for good measure. Really coming to love the place, though it's a good thing I don't live there year-round - I'd definitely gain a lot of weight.
Old Dec 5, 2016, 9:04 am

Programs: Too many
Both my gifts have been shipped. One was delivered last week but the giftee has yet to post if they received (as tracking said it was delivered). It's been a stress free SS this year for me!
Old Dec 5, 2016, 5:51 pm

Programs: MR, TYP, AA, B6, DL, WN, HH, MB, 2V
Received my gifts on Saturday! Busy weekend, couldn't post. Thank you runner123, some very cool stuff from around the world to join my eclectic mix of travel inspired living room decorations for this Christmas season

We'll definitely get some use out of the nifty cheese knife set too, very classy

My gifts for my santee will be in the mail tomorrow!
Attached Images  
Old Dec 5, 2016, 6:13 pm

All of my gifts have arrived (in their own boxes, no less. Thanks, Amazon!), so now I'm just working to package them all up and get them on their way to my giftee! Hoping to have that done on Friday afternoon once I'm finished presenting my Master's project.
Old Dec 5, 2016, 7:58 pm

I received my gift a short while ago from my Secret Santa - an RPU applied to a 5.5 hour flight on my birthday! Fingers crossed that it clears - we're a bit over 2 weeks out at F7.
Old Dec 5, 2016, 8:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Received a couple more gifts today.

I'm huge broadway fan and I received the book Alexander Hamilton that the musical was based on. It's over 800 pages so will be great to keep me occupied on my two long flights coming up.

Another Santa sent me a gift certificate for Joe Allen restaurant. Looking forward to eating there next time I go to NYC.

Old Dec 5, 2016, 8:32 pm

Just received my first set of gifts comprising many board games old and new (ready to play Clue for the first time in about 15 years!), in addition to 5 copies of the same note from Amazon

Thank you secret santa!

Last edited by steveman518; Dec 7, 2016 at 1:26 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.