Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

WineDO 9.5, Saturday, January 21, 2017, New York, NY!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

WineDO 9.5, Saturday, January 21, 2017, New York, NY!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2016, 12:42 pm

Programs: BAEC G, WN A-, Hyatt G, HH G, MAR T, Hz PC, was [UA2P, FL A+Elite, BD G]
Two quick notes:

1) I'm still thinking about my contribution - probably a riesling and/or a port, as I suspect that we will have a reasonably sufficient quantity of bubbles despite me bringing something else. I most likely won't make a decision until the new year.

2) My "+1" will not be able to make it across the Atlantic on the Do weekend - she hopes to make a future Wine Do.
Old Dec 6, 2016, 12:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL KM/DM/2MM (NH Plat emeritus, CO Plat emeritus, and no place like home)
I'd downgrade the +1. At this time, I do not see enough bubbles (fwiw) and I never believed in the statement "there is enough bubbles" to begin with
Old Dec 15, 2016, 6:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL KM/DM/2MM (NH Plat emeritus, CO Plat emeritus, and no place like home)
Pre-xmas and Hanukkah bump:
If you are 'weighting' your arrival options, please let me know so I can estimate the headcount. If you confirmed and did not receive the paypal info, please PM me (you can also PM for check addresses and/or other arrangements). Those who fly in can send the wine in advance (not in this weather, though) or source from the locals. PM me for details. Almost all the bubbles are now at storage, and there is something for everyone. dhammer53 also offered to help out.

I'd be offline between xmas and through the end of the first week of 2017. Hence, let me know your aspirations over the next few days
Old Dec 23, 2016, 2:50 pm
Original Poster

Another bump before I head out for few days, plus- does anyone need DL drinking vouchers on board? Have four to share.
Old Dec 30, 2016, 11:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
I'm bringing this > 2009 Sea Smoke Pinot Noir Southing. It was the very first list from a winery that I purchased from. This is my last bottle, so I'll be sharing it with friends.

If anyone would like to source from my cellar, now is the time to speak up.

Happy New Year, and see you in a few weeks.

Dan
Old Jan 1, 2017, 12:26 am
Original Poster

Y'all et al,

y'appy y'ew year, aka Happy new year bump from the far east. So, who else joins a bubbly do? If you are still on the fence, let me know. Paypal info was sent to all. Feel free to PM me if you need it again ^

Source wines- contact me, or dh (see message above).

明けましておめでとうございます!
Old Jan 3, 2017, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Unless there is a serious objection, I will be switching my wine to the 2014 Puligny-Montrachet Les Houillères, a white burgundy. And by serious objection, I mean I don't actually have a bottle of what I originally thought about bringing, and I do have a bottle of the Montrachet

http://www.cellartracker.com/wine.asp?iWine=2274340

Where are the out of towners planning to stay hotel wise?
Old Jan 3, 2017, 10:44 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hilton, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
I am staying at the Hyatt Herald Square.
Old Jan 4, 2017, 8:06 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Intercontinental The Barclay for me.
Old Jan 4, 2017, 9:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Unless there is a serious objection, I will be switching my wine to the 2014 Puligny-Montrachet Les Houillères, a white burgundy. And by serious objection, I mean I don't actually have a bottle of what I originally thought about bringing, and I do have a bottle of the Montrachet

The only serious objection is that if you don't let me drink enough of this, I might be unpleasant company.

I'll most likely keep my res at the Sheraton Tribeca. Not exactly convenient for the dinner, but I've always had a pleasant stay there, and after last winter's blizzard treatment, they will probably have a customer for life.
Old Jan 4, 2017, 10:03 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by BOB W
Full Y fare, ANC-KOA-ANC (with several stops both ways prepared by Beckoa), fully upgradable to F at time of purchase, class of service bonus and 3 days on the island that same weekend will require that I miss this one. Still planning on the June DO.
Did I mention that the air fare for this trip was $104 each way, all in, all in F?

Have fun everyone!!!

Room already reserved on the Upper East Side for June and flights booked.^^
Old Jan 4, 2017, 10:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
The only serious objection is that if you don't let me drink enough of this, I might be unpleasant company.
Well, I take that as an acceptance!

I plan on Hilton hopping for the weekend. Rates are good and I'll need every stay I can manage to try to retain Diamond. Plus the current promotions incentivize stay hopping.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 6:05 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hilton, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott
I plan on bringing Pierre Paillard, Grand Cru Bouzy Rose Brut NV.
Old Jan 6, 2017, 8:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
I know who I'm sitting next to.

dh
Old Jan 7, 2017, 11:19 pm
Original Poster

Unless there is a serious objection, I will be switching my wine to the 2014 Puligny-Montrachet Les Houillères, a white burgundy.....
I was out but...

Well, I take that as an acceptance!
I can accept that

Originally Posted by Austin787
I plan on bringing Pierre Paillard, Grand Cru Bouzy Rose Brut NV.
Been awhile since I had this one, and I'd certainly be happy to revisit I also know that one of our potential guests would be happy to taste it ^

Originally Posted by dhammer53
I know who I'm sitting next to.
One less sitting arrangement issue to worry about

And back to the topic- currently on the train back to Narita. The goal is to actually get back, which is abit challenging this weekend, but I'd do my best. This would be among my last flights on the 74S as those slowly retire. They'd sure missed up flying around the globe where they belong!
I'ts been a long trip, and I saw that very few have stated their wine intentions. In addition, some are still 'fencing' the event. Remember, I have to shake hands on the number of seats, et al. Please let me know. Who would say 'no' to good bubbles and great greek food?

State your wines, and your intentions.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.