Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Belgian Beer Festival DO VII in BRU, April 22-23, 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: Interest in Side Trip to Brewery?
I am interested in sharing costs of a car and/or driver for a one day trip
20.00%
I am interested in sharing costs of a car and/or driver for a two day, overnight, trip
60.00%
I may be interested, depending on the destination
20.00%
I am not interested
0%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Old Mar 3, 2017, 9:08 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: polkacat
Attending
polkacat
arollins +5
ellyse +3
KMA26
miko2a
CDKing
srletend
iris30
ANC RED-EYE +1
island82

DO Information

Friday 21 April

6:00 pm drinks: Delirium Cafe (Be sure you go to Delirium Cafe, not Little Delirium!)

7:00 pm dinner: Bier Circus (capped at 12 persons)

Dinner Atendees: Polkacat +2, CDKing, krazykanuck, miko2a, miko2a +1, iris30, kma26, ANC RED-EYE, ANC RED-EYE+1, srletend

Saturday 22 April

Noon - 11 pm Zythos Bierfestival

Buy tokens in advance: http://www.zbf.be/en/advance-sales/
The list of beers is here.

For anyone who wants to travel in a group, I suggest IC 509 departing Central/Centraal at 11 am. This train arrives Leuven at 11:24.

For those who have not been before, if you travel on a train other than IC 509: exit the Leuven train station and bear right to get to the bus depot. The free shuttle to the hall is clearly marked and usually on the 3rd or so platform.

We will grab seats at a table toward the back on the right side of the main hall (in which all of the beer booths are located) as you walk in.

Sunday 23 April

Zythos Bierfestival 11 am - 9 pm

Possible alternate outing, TBD.
Print Wikipost

Belgian Beer Festival DO VII in BRU, April 22-23, 2017

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2016, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I am working on a semi-manic itinerary to attend this. Ugh Japan DO. I figure, I'm already taking off work the 17th and 18th, so I might as well take the rest of the week off, right?!

Sadly ANA J is waitlisted for NRT-JFK, so I need to go to Houston first. Get back from Japan the morning of the 19th and spend the day at home, fly up to NYC 20th, take the SN JFK-BRU flight that night and arrive 21st AM. Head back home on the 24th via NYC. Is this insane? At least mildly. At least y'all understand!
Old Oct 16, 2016, 11:15 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
I am working on a semi-manic itinerary to attend this. Ugh Japan DO. I figure, I'm already taking off work the 17th and 18th, so I might as well take the rest of the week off, right?!

Sadly ANA J is waitlisted for NRT-JFK, so I need to go to Houston first. Get back from Japan the morning of the 19th and spend the day at home, fly up to NYC 20th, take the SN JFK-BRU flight that night and arrive 21st AM. Head back home on the 24th via NYC. Is this insane? At least mildly. At least y'all understand!
I see no problem here.
Old Oct 22, 2016, 1:32 am

I believe your name must be just some form of translation of mine!

... if I were to pull off the BRU Do (and I am seriously considering it), it would involve Japan + Korea Do's (preceded by a wedding in South Africa), then flying home for a day, packing a bag before heading to BRU that would include 2 weeks clothes so I could head straight to work on the 24th in semi-rural BC (Quadra Island, if you're west coast kanuck). Not 100% certain it's doable, but also well aware that for this particular job, I'm not the only one on site, so delays are "manageable". Home for <24 hours in about a month.
Old Oct 23, 2016, 8:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA
I have confidence in the Canadians! You can do it!
Old Oct 23, 2016, 10:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by nomadic.relief
....so I could head straight to work on the 24th in semi-rural BC (Quadra Island, if you're west coast kanuck).
Semi rural?! That's effing rural as F as far as I'm concerned. I had to Google Map it. I've actually been to Campbell River before, which is close to you, for camping and fishing but that's going off topic. I'm from the boring middle of Canada and 70 miles from the US border, so think the North Dakota of Canada but without oil.

Originally Posted by polkacat
90% sure I'll be there! I've transferred the Citi points to etihad to book the JFK-BRU flight, just waiting for the current 20% bonus to show up and then I'll book it, and the DL flights to get from IAH to NY. I've already been scouting the Hilton options in Brussels despite not having a flight.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 12:28 pm

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Put me down as a maybe.
Old Oct 25, 2016, 10:04 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Mrp Alert
Put me down as a maybe.
Great, got you as a maybe.

krazykanuck, very impressive!
Old Nov 4, 2016, 5:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KMA26
Bit the bullet and finalized flight plans for next April. Arriving BRU on April 18 and departing on the 24th. Now to work on those pre-ZBF plans.
Bought my ticket, traveling the same dates. ^
Old Nov 7, 2016, 8:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by polkacat
So I've done it! I'm booked on SN 502 from JFK to BRU on the 20th, and back to JFK on the return on the 24th. The transfer to Etihad and bonus took its sweet time as always, but it's done. And at 18k Citi TYP is an absolute steal. ^ Unfortunately I have to slum it in economy as there was no business class availability Thankfully it's isn't *that* long of a flight...

Last edited by krazykanuck; Nov 7, 2016 at 8:19 pm
Old Nov 8, 2016, 10:25 pm
Original Poster

So I've done it! I'm booked on SN 502 from JFK to BRU on the 20th, and back to JFK on the return on the 24th. The transfer to Etihad and bonus took its sweet time as always, but it's done. And at 18k Citi TYP is an absolute steal. ^ Unfortunately I have to slum it in economy as there was no business class availability Thankfully it's isn't *that* long of a flight...
You ROCK.
Old Nov 10, 2016, 6:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

What are the thoughts between 2 of the Hilton hotels, the Hilton Brussels City and the new HGI that's more on the southern part of Brussels?

I've nixed the Hilton Grand because it's twice the nightly rate and the other 2 are both only 65 EUR/nt.
Old Nov 11, 2016, 7:33 am
Original Poster

What are the thoughts between 2 of the Hilton hotels, the Hilton Brussels City and the new HGI that's more on the southern part of Brussels?

I've nixed the Hilton Grand because it's twice the nightly rate and the other 2 are both only 65 EUR/nt.
I've only stayed at the Hilton Brussels City. It's fine. There is a lot of construction in the area -or has been in the past couple of years - so getting around in the immediate area can be a little confusing. I don't recall any construction noise though.

My personal preference has been to stay south of the Grand Place after staying near Nordic a couple of times, but others may feel differently.
Old Nov 12, 2016, 7:09 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
65EUR, that's a good rate, best I'm seeing for Hilton is 105EUR with HH accounts. How did you managed 65EUR? any tricks?
Old Nov 12, 2016, 8:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by arollins
65EUR, that's a good rate, best I'm seeing for Hilton is 105EUR with HH accounts. How did you managed 65EUR? any tricks?
No tricks! and it seems to have since gone up to 72 EUR I just locked in the HH Discount flexible/cancellable rate for 240 EUR all in for the 3 night stay at the HGI.

Maybe a length of stay issue? I am booking a 3 night stay checking in the 21st and out the 24th.
Old Nov 14, 2016, 7:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
hiltonfamilymvp.com is often the best site. I see one night as low as 69 Euro right now.

And don't forget AARP/AAA rates. HH seems to have some sort of winter sale going.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.