Old Aug 25, 2016, 11:12 am

Programs: UA Platnium, TK Elite Plus
I'll try to be there.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 8:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by CDKing
I should be there. Still need to get around to getting my self out of my AA trip to PEK now that it only earns 25% in AS
You always seem to miss these for a cool trip. #respect

Originally Posted by ddrum2000
I'll try to be there.
Great, looking forward to it.

Mike
Old Aug 26, 2016, 9:10 am

thanks mike as always for arranging the boston DOs! please count me as a maybe for now - will definitely try to make it
Old Aug 26, 2016, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by brownie20
thanks mike as always for arranging the boston DOs! please count me as a maybe for now - will definitely try to make it
No more invites for you!

Mike
Old Aug 27, 2016, 3:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Talking

For those who love to chat about Fts latest follies and deals...

American Express Platinum 100k MR card issue:

One of the topics I have been fired up about lately has been the last Amex Platinum CC and how Amex locked up or clawed back peoples' points on the card.

Here is the thread, and when my wife's card got compromised, we went into action and eventually got them reinstated and we used them quickly thereafter:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...l#post27125786

Post #749 is where I explained what happened to her, and then I posted a letter we sent to CFPB, the response from Amex, and finally, her last letter to an executive at Amex. It was only after that, did her points quietly become useful again.

Post #770 is where a bloke tells his take on how to handle this, and post #899 has more of my babblings on what to do to try and get em back. The battle rages on for many others including friends of mine who still cant seem to get their points back.

So if you or someone you know is experiencing this, or something like it, some of these posts and others are worth the read.

Oktoberfest - and Europe in general:
I have been traveling a lot with my family and we just went to five countries in Europe and to see family over there, and now a friend of mine and I have plans to return again to Oktoberfest in Munich this fall!

Outside of FT and what are people up to now:
I have been quite inactive on FT but I have begun to post a bit on Elliott.org, and that is a consumer advocate site that also has a forum. I even do some volunteer work by performing checks and edits to some of the writings on the site. (Note that due to some sort of dispute betwixt this site and that one, the link may not work when accessed through FT. Open a new browser and just type: elliott.org. It's a good place to go for real help with real issues from real people. Interestingly, they do not like MS over there... but that's ok. The more people who do not do it, the better it is for me and those few of us left who are still able to do it.

Decent brew, if that's yer thing:
Finally, I will try to smuggle some good beers into the DO again like last time. I just cant drink the swill most bahs sell these days. Has to be 95+ rated--(unless it's Oktoberfest beer in Germany lol)and you can visit Beer Advocate to see the ratings of most any beer. Just type the name of the beer or brewery into their search bar and you should see results. It's generally accurate. For example, here is one that is local to Boston!
https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/30654/134064/

See ya'll at the Deaux!

MM
Old Aug 29, 2016, 11:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Updated!

Mike
Old Aug 29, 2016, 5:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wait
I cant make this

Wife has adele tix
Oops
Old Aug 29, 2016, 5:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Alright, actually i should be able to, partly.

See, we got one ticket. And that didnt matter to my wife and I as she really wants to go but I dony care either way. So we will go to the gahden and i will see her off and then come to the Do.

Then I will go pick her up when the show is done.

So yah i will be there a bit. Cant remember what time it starts but I assume 7.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 6:22 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Count me in for my first Do with the group.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 6:41 am

Programs: DL PM/1 MM, Bonvoy LTT
I am in. Thanks for organizing.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 7:41 am

9/15 yes

Definately
Old Aug 30, 2016, 12:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Wow, Marathon Man said that he might not be there and the board lit up with acceptances. Hmm...

Mike
Old Aug 30, 2016, 1:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Okay, now I'm angry. I don't know who is responsible for TalkMail each week, but I noticed this statement today:

September 15, 2016 Boston What? Another gathering of FlyerTalk members in Boston - but this time with no creative name?!? Regardless, mikeef has been hosting this recurring event for several years now - and the only disappointment this year should be that there is no creative name...
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/commu...mber-15-a.html
Let me tell you, I work very hard to come up with a creative name, and putting together a Do takes a lot of work. I have to start one whole thread and make one entire phone call to do so. I'm typically worn out by the time I'm done with all of those grueling tasks, but I try to come up with a creative title, anyway. I'm taking time out from Pokemon Go to arrange these gatherings. That's not easy, ya know. Nevertheless, I trudge along out of love for my fellow FTers.

I take it as a personal insult that you criticize my lack of nameness for the aforementioned Do. Thus, I'm going on strike. There will be no more creative names for Boston Dos until I get the appropriate apology from the TalkBoard.

And a shrubbery. I want a shrubbery. A nice one. Not too expensive.

Mike
Old Aug 30, 2016, 1:16 pm

Smile

I will make on this one , missed the last meet up.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by mikeef
Okay, now I'm angry. I don't know who is responsible for TalkMail each week, but I noticed this statement today:

Let me tell you, I work very hard to come up with a creative name, and putting together a Do takes a lot of work. I have to start one whole thread and make one entire phone call to do so. I'm typically worn out by the time I'm done with all of those grueling tasks, but I try to come up with a creative title, anyway. I'm taking time out from Pokemon Go to arrange these gatherings. That's not easy, ya know. Nevertheless, I trudge along out of love for my fellow FTers.

I take it as a personal insult that you criticize my lack of nameness for the aforementioned Do. Thus, I'm going on strike. There will be no more creative names for Boston Dos until I get the appropriate apology from the TalkBoard.

And a shrubbery. I want a shrubbery. A nice one. Not too expensive.

Mike
hopefully the TalkBoard members aren't hard of herring

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.