Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 31, 2017, 12:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NewbieRunner
Summary of Events Click links to jump to full details

Thursday, 13 April
Friday, 14 April
Saturday, 15 April __________________________________________________ ____________
Please do not edit above this line

Planning to Attend Welcome Drinks at Pub Cardinal Akasaka, Thursday, 13 April 19:00~
beckoa (assuming I don't get lost)
Fifa
Mr Fifa
NewbieRunner
pudgym29
restlessinRNO
TravelKane
awc4
perthite
perthite+1
nme7
Mapleg
Mrs Mapleg
bk3day
RichardInSF+1
firstglobal

Planning to Join Tokyo Shitamachi Walk, Friday, 14 April 09:45~
angra
beckoa
Fifa
Mr Fifa
GarySTL
Mrs GarySTL
kirkwoodj
krazykanuck
Mapleg
Mrs Mapleg
NewbieRunner
pudgym29
restlessinRNO
TravelKane
wysiwyg
nomadic.relief
awc4
perthite
perthite+1
BigRedBears
nme7
bk3day
firstglobal
Print Wikipost

Japan Do #5 - Tokyo - April 13-15, 2017

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2017, 2:20 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Alleged arrival:

Apr13 14:00 UA7 IAH NRT kirkwoodj
Old Apr 7, 2017, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
Alleged arrival:

TPAC UA
Old Apr 7, 2017, 6:43 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
TPAC UA
He and a few others survived UA35 SFO-KIX lsat year despite being 5+ hours late.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 7:25 pm

Programs: OZ D+ Lifetime
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
Alleged arrival:

Will that be in the new Polaris biz seats? If so, the flight might be quite nice.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 8:27 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Since I'll only be arriving around midday 14th at nrt AND not have a space for the DO dinner I might be out of luck. I'm a pretty seasoned tokyo traveller and i do have a vague idea of what i can do when the group is still in tokyo but i'd still like to meet everyone over dinner if miraculously there are extra seats at the restaurant. Please do let me know otherwise we shall meet for the matsumoto trip.

at the same time are there "public" alternative plans for 14 evening for those who cant/wont make the dinner?

now i should find who hosts the whatsapp group...
Old Apr 7, 2017, 8:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by kaka
If you scroll back a page or two, you'll find it's NewbieRunner who is "running" the WhatsApp group

Originally Posted by nme7
Will that be in the new Polaris biz seats? If so, the flight might be quite nice.
I'll let kirkwoodj correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it's still the old J.
Old Apr 8, 2017, 12:21 am

Programs: OZ D+ Lifetime
Since I'll only be arriving around midday 14th at nrt AND not have a space for the DO dinner I might be out of luck. I'm a pretty seasoned tokyo traveller and i do have a vague idea of what i can do when the group is still in tokyo but i'd still like to meet everyone over dinner if miraculously there are extra seats at the restaurant. Please do let me know otherwise we shall meet for the matsumoto trip.

at the same time are there "public" alternative plans for 14 evening for those who cant/wont make the dinner?

What if you happen to be at the restaurant say 6:30 or so and just stayed until the group showed up at 7? Would the restaurant kick you out?
Old Apr 8, 2017, 11:46 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
He and a few others survived UA35 SFO-KIX last year despite being 5+ hours late.
Indeed. That sucked. There were 6 of us.

Originally Posted by nme7
Nope, good ol' pmCO 777 with Polaris soft product.
Old Apr 8, 2017, 12:02 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by perthite
[Just need the waitlist on Fridays dinner to clear ]
I've contacted our man in Tokyo who is currently travelling in the US about the possibility of increasing the number for the dinner. He tells me the maximum size of the space he could reserve was for 30 people but he will try and contact the restaurant to see if the number can be changed. He will try and do it before Monday morning Japan time. So watch this space.

I believe there are currently five people on the waiting list.
Old Apr 8, 2017, 1:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
I've contacted our man in Tokyo who is currently travelling in the US...<snip>
Hope he's not flying DL <duck>

Excited to be leaving this snow behind late Monday

WX is looking pleasant.
Old Apr 8, 2017, 7:58 pm

Programs: UA *G; Delta Diamond; AA EXP; Marriott LT Plat; Hyatt Globalist
I've contacted our man in Tokyo who is currently travelling in the US about the possibility of increasing the number for the dinner. He tells me the maximum size of the space he could reserve was for 30 people but he will try and contact the restaurant to see if the number can be changed. He will try and do it before Monday morning Japan time. So watch this space.

I believe there are currently five people on the waiting list.
I can't seem to find the waiting list...can someone point me to where I can add my name to it? (User error is a problem.)
Old Apr 8, 2017, 9:35 pm

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by awc4
I can't seem to find the waiting list...can someone point me to where I can add my name to it? (User error is a problem.)
when i tried to book a ticket it prompted me to add myself to the waiting liat
Old Apr 8, 2017, 9:39 pm

Programs: UA *G; Delta Diamond; AA EXP; Marriott LT Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by perthite
when i tried to book a ticket it prompted me to add myself to the waiting liat
Thanks - I think I am on the wait list now.
Old Apr 9, 2017, 6:46 pm

Programs: First Time Flyer
Sorry (again), but I am out for this year. I have a funeral on Wednesday, and there is a bit too much "going on", so I don't want to go away.

The good news is that I have asked armagebedar to release my dinner seat to someone on the wait-list. I am also about to release my Hyatt Regency booking, and award seats up to Japan in the next few minutes. If anyone has particular interest please contact me ASAP.

Unfortunately my attendance record at this do is almost as bad as the thread creator's... Must do something about that.

I hope it is a great do.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 12:59 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by penegal
Sorry (again), but I am out for this year. I have a funeral on Wednesday, and there is a bit too much "going on", so I don't want to go away.

The good news is that I have asked armagebedar to release my dinner seat to someone on the wait-list. I am also about to release my Hyatt Regency booking, and award seats up to Japan in the next few minutes. If anyone has particular interest please contact me ASAP.

Unfortunately my attendance record at this do is almost as bad as the thread creator's... Must do something about that.

I hope it is a great do.
Sorry about not making Tokyo and condolences.

OTOH, am i next on the waitlist? Am i next on the waitlist? :P (I'm with a friend so will need 2 spaces.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.