Last edit by: GRALISTAIR
What are you bringing?
  • AKronin: Seasonal Summer Salad
  • BOB W: Marinated Tri-Tip and BBQ pork ribs
  • BOB W: Grilled vegetable and Isreali Couscous salad
  • ctporter: Scalloped potatoes
  • mblair13: Side dish
  • beckoa: Potato Mac Salad, Pineapple Salsa, 10# Panettone
  • violist: pork with green peppers (could make something else if requested)
  • AKDan: Dessert
  • GRALISTAIR: A nice bourbon
  • ANC RED-EYE: chips and guac + a dessert (also could make something else as needed).
  • nomadic.relief a mediocre bottle of Okanagan red + white (couldn't bear the thought of really good o smashing) and some sort of snack/munchie food!

random red wine

BTW -we did not run out of food!! ^
Print Wikipost

July 30, 2016 ALASKA BBQ DO

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2016, 7:02 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Priority Pass
tentative menu offerings added to the wiki
Old Jul 28, 2016, 8:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by ANC RED-EYE
Consider the loft (tasting room + restaurant) at midnight sun brewery. Not sure what my weekend plans are, but will keep everyone posted.

There is also an air show Sat and Sun at the AF base. Sounds like some are planning to go on Sun.
Originally Posted by BOB W
If you do that, I will probably join you. It is less than a mile from my house. Nothing says we can't start the party earlier

And I am planning to take my grandson to the air show unless the weather turns bad, which is what they are calling for right now. Saturday should be good (for now).
Well if you guys are serious, after my float plane ride I could go to the Midnight Sun and meet you there circa 12.30 to 1 pm and then I assume travel together to Bobs.
Old Jul 29, 2016, 9:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

UA4775 is delayed - 22 minute connect time in DEN - to UA445. If I miss it will be about 2.45 pm Saturday when I arrive (assuming UA will put me on the direct the following morning) in which case I will head straight to the BBQ.
Old Jul 29, 2016, 10:40 am
In memoriam

Programs: UA, US, AS, Marriott, Radisson, Hilton
Looking for a ride to Muldoon after the bbq, either
that or a couch at BOB W's.
Old Jul 29, 2016, 6:39 pm

Programs: AS MM, MVPGold100k, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
Whoohooo! I am at the N Sat board room, waiting for my SEA ANC flight in a few hours How really fun to be going someplace without a lick of work involved! (well actually I probably could do some, there have been requests for clarifications - BUT it will be Saturday, and they do not work weekends, lucky for me)
Old Jul 29, 2016, 7:29 pm

Originally Posted by ctporter
Whoohooo! I am at the N Sat board room, waiting for my SEA ANC flight in a few hours How really fun to be going someplace without a lick of work involved! (well actually I probably could do some, there have been requests for clarifications - BUT it will be Saturday, and they do not work weekends, lucky for me)
Hey! I'm here too! Where are you I'm to the left of the tv on the other side of the lounge from the bar!
Old Jul 29, 2016, 7:46 pm

Programs: AS MM, MVPGold100k, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
Pink shirt. By bar
Old Jul 29, 2016, 8:26 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Priority Pass
Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
UA4775 is delayed - 22 minute connect time in DEN - to UA445. If I miss it will be about 2.45 pm Saturday when I arrive (assuming UA will put me on the direct the following morning) in which case I will head straight to the BBQ.
How'd it go?
Old Jul 30, 2016, 5:11 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Titanium
My +1 is bringing pastries.
Old Jul 30, 2016, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ANC RED-EYE
How'd it go?
Ran like crazy glad I was in F so first off plane and as soon as I boarded they closed the door. BTW a first for me I had dinner on DAY-DEN and then another dinner on DEN to ANC. Still weird checking in at 11pm to the HGI and it was still light outside. The land of the midnight sun ^
Old Jul 30, 2016, 12:07 pm

If people are heading to Midnight Sun for lunch, let me know when to be there! (It was on my list of places to check out anyhow!) And in full disclosure, I'll probably be late - I usually am.
Old Jul 30, 2016, 1:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by nomadic.relief
If people are heading to Midnight Sun for lunch, let me know when to be there! (It was on my list of places to check out anyhow!) And in full disclosure, I'll probably be late - I usually am.
If it's after 3 let me know

*doubt you'll be that late.
Old Jul 30, 2016, 1:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
Ran like crazy glad I was in F so first off plane and as soon as I boarded they closed the door. BTW a first for me I had dinner on DAY-DEN and then another dinner on DEN to ANC. Still weird checking in at 11pm to the HGI and it was still light outside. The land of the midnight sun ^
Hmm... stay tuned.

Glad you made the connection. And dueling dinners is fun
Old Jul 30, 2016, 1:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
12:30 or so at Midnight Sun
Old Jul 30, 2016, 1:55 pm

Definitely will be late! Still have to hoof it back to hotel first, but I'll be there eventually!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.