Last edit by: GRALISTAIR
What are you bringing?
  • AKronin: Seasonal Summer Salad
  • BOB W: Marinated Tri-Tip and BBQ pork ribs
  • BOB W: Grilled vegetable and Isreali Couscous salad
  • ctporter: Scalloped potatoes
  • mblair13: Side dish
  • beckoa: Potato Mac Salad, Pineapple Salsa, 10# Panettone
  • violist: pork with green peppers (could make something else if requested)
  • AKDan: Dessert
  • GRALISTAIR: A nice bourbon
  • ANC RED-EYE: chips and guac + a dessert (also could make something else as needed).
  • nomadic.relief a mediocre bottle of Okanagan red + white (couldn't bear the thought of really good o smashing) and some sort of snack/munchie food!

random red wine

BTW -we did not run out of food!! ^
Print Wikipost

July 30, 2016 ALASKA BBQ DO

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2016, 5:16 pm

Programs: US, HH
The plan is to be there, arriving Thu evening (Lake Hood anyone?) and doing a dine and dash on Saturday (right now have a 1.25 am flight Sunday AM).

Caveat is that all of this might cancel due to work obligations, won't know until pretty much week of.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 7:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
With the news today from the State Capitol about the halving of the Stipend, does that mean that the tri-tips will now become one and one-half tips?
Old Jun 29, 2016, 10:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by monitor
With the news today from the State Capitol about the halving of the Stipend, does that mean that the tri-tips will now become one and one-half tips?
Doing the new budget math, the portions will be smaller but there will be tri-tip, supplemented with Costco Polish Dogs and other unrecognizable meat like products.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by GrjApp
The plan is to be there, arriving Thu evening (Lake Hood anyone?) and doing a dine and dash on Saturday (right now have a 1.25 am flight Sunday AM).
I arrive very late Friday night and have a 00.59am Sunday AM. If you are there I suggest we share a cab if that is OK?
Old Jul 1, 2016, 3:35 pm

So I am officially in!

I've got a day to venture into Seattle on the way up, getting in Friday night by sunset and then leaving in time for a sunset flight to Fairbanks on Sunday. Better make sure to sit on the right side!

Can add a couple Canadian (Okanagan) bottles to the Wall o Wine if preferred varietals are sent my way in advance.
Old Jul 1, 2016, 4:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nomadic.relief
So I am officially in!

Can add a couple Canadian (Okanagan) bottles to the Wall o Wine if preferred varietals are sent my way in advance.
Glad to see that you can make it.

The Okanagan is at the top of my list of places to visit. I know nothing of the area but have heard for years that they make exceptional wines there. Bring a couple of your favorites and we will do a preview tasting.
Old Jul 3, 2016, 12:09 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
OMG... been away for a few days (busy with work) and things are coming together nicely

Ton of folks arriving from the L48 too! (and beyond )
Old Jul 4, 2016, 12:44 am

Originally Posted by beckoa
Ton of folks arriving from the L48 too! (and beyond )
And one from above the L48! (I don't think I really qualify as "beyond" as technically I'm closer.)
Old Jul 8, 2016, 10:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by nomadic.relief
And one from above the L48! (I don't think I really qualify as "beyond" as technically I'm closer.)
Well... it's not like you're there that often
Old Jul 9, 2016, 9:40 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Titanium
Count me in! Not sure about my +1 yet...
Old Jul 11, 2016, 7:40 pm

Originally Posted by AKronin
Count me in! Not sure about my +1 yet...
c'mon... just sign her up for her own FT account
Old Jul 11, 2016, 7:53 pm
Original Poster

Note that the menu has been updated in post 4. Still a bit light and I did volunteer AKronin to make the green salad. He is the master of delicious and seasonal salads.

These affairs are pot luck so plan to bring a side dish/dessert or wine/beer. There will be plenty of sodas and waters, plain and flavored.

Add your offerings and I will add them to the menu. I guarantee that we will not go hungry or thirsty.
Old Jul 12, 2016, 1:57 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by beckoa
c'mon... just sign her up for her own FT account
Hmmm, that's an idea... @:-)

Originally Posted by BOB W
Note that the menu has been updated in post 4. Still a bit light and I did volunteer AKronin to make the green salad. He is the master of delicious and seasonal salads.
I blush at your praise, but challenge accepted!
Old Jul 18, 2016, 10:21 am

Programs: AS 100K, UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Silver
It looks like I get the day off, so count me in! I will be driving up from the Kenai, so if anyone needs transportation I am happy to help - plenty of room in my truck.
Old Jul 18, 2016, 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by AKDan
It looks like I get the day off, so count me in! I will be driving up from the Kenai, so if anyone needs transportation I am happy to help - plenty of room in my truck.
will be nice to meet you

Unfortunately for me, just heard my schedule is changing so I work the 30th, so I'll be over once I clock off.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.