Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cow Do XII (EZE) - Sep 02 to Sep 05, 2016

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2016, 5:31 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Event & Program Update... for this Do. Working on the venue options for the dinners, the current short list includes:

- La Panaderia de Pablo
- Uco Restaurant @Fierro Hotel
- La Cabrera
- Le Grill
- Marieta
- SottoVoce
- Pura Tierra
- La Dorita

Final designation of dinner & lunch venues will be decided once we have a more definite idea of group size & venue availability/pricing, etc.

The traditional Charity Wine Tasting event(s) will also be taking place. For those already confirmed, its now a good time to start posting you interest in participating.

Thanks !!! ^

Last edited by Gaucho100K; Jul 19, 2016 at 5:43 am
Old Jul 19, 2016, 6:07 am

Programs: AA 4MM EXP; Starwood Lifetime Plt
Originally Posted by Gaucho100K

The traditional Charity Wine Tasting event(s) will also be taking place. For those already confirmed, its now a good time to start posting you interest in participating.

Thanks !!! ^
I'm interested. I will be in BA 1-5 September, at the Park Hyatt, and then traveling to Montevideo and back to Rio.
Old Jul 19, 2016, 8:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I'm in! Plane tickets purchased, upgrades confirmed.

ADDED: I definitely plan to participate in all wine tastings, most dinners, and the lunch (Saturday IIRC) at Marietta, which I assume will follow the first wine tasting at (I assume) Marietta.

Last edited by MSPeconomist; Jul 19, 2016 at 9:16 pm
Old Jul 20, 2016, 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by headinclouds
Interested, but awaiting the final dates of the BA simulator DO at the end of Sept. Too many events at nearly the same time it seems.
The airplane geek in me has me choosing the BA simulator DO in LHR. Since I have a trip to Sri Lanka in Nov, I'll have to bow out this year.
Old Jul 20, 2016, 3:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Is it worth doing "blue" currency exchange rates this year?
Old Jul 21, 2016, 1:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
No. Sometimes they are a bit lower than official, sometimes not.
Old Jul 21, 2016, 8:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
No. Sometimes they are a bit lower than official, sometimes not.
Agreed. I would still suggest folks bring down some US$ Cash for shopping, remember the nice Ben Franklins in very good condition !!! ^
Old Jul 21, 2016, 8:14 pm
Original Poster

Excellent News !!!! ^ ^ ^

I will update your status on the 1st page.

I'm in! Plane tickets purchased, upgrades confirmed.

ADDED: I definitely plan to participate in all wine tastings, most dinners, and the lunch (Saturday IIRC) at Marietta, which I assume will follow the first wine tasting at (I assume) Marietta.
Old Jul 23, 2016, 6:58 am
Original Poster

To recap the current situation.... as EastBay1K stated above, the Blue market no longer offers significant spreads over the official and credit card rates, and at times can be slightly lower than the official rate. I still recommend folks bring down some US$ cash for potential shopping needs, as some merchants will offer slight discounts for cash payments. The discounts vary from Merchant to Merchant and will depend on the product/service that's being transacted. The other important thing to remember is that its never a good idea to use the cash delivery service that some US banks offer customers.... such services offer very poor exchange rates and may also have fees (implicit or otherwise) that make them awfully expensive. ATM machines work with foreign issued cards, but limits can be extremely low and will force you into doing multiple transactions, which can get expensive if your card/bank agreement levies fees on overseas ATM withdrawls.

Hope this helps with travel planning....

As the dates draw closer, I will reach out via PM to all those confirmed with some additional information.

Cheers,
Alex / Gaucho100K

Last edited by Gaucho100K; Jul 23, 2016 at 7:09 am
Old Jul 24, 2016, 7:31 am
Original Poster

Friendly reminder to all those signed up for this to please update your status on interest in participating in the group meals and Charity Wine Tasting event(s).

Also, feel free to invite fellow FTers that you think may have an interest in coming down to EZE... and also, please don't forget to post special fare alerts so that others may jump on the bandwagon last minute and come down and enjoy the fun !!!!

Cheers from EZE,
Alex / Gaucho100K
Old Jul 26, 2016, 6:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Earned status with AA, DL, SPG, HH, Hyatt, Marriott, Seabourn, NCL, National, Hertz...I miss my bed!
I really WAS going to make it this year... even had a ticket on hold. Alas, my trip to Dubai had to be moved from July to September so that kills that plan.

Please consume lots of Malbec and bife de lomo for me!!!
Old Jul 29, 2016, 4:13 pm
Original Poster

I guess a "near-miss" is better than nothing at all...? ^

Hope you can keep this on your Radar for 2017 and finally make another trip down here. Stay out of trouble in Dubai.....

Originally Posted by techgirl
I really WAS going to make it this year... even had a ticket on hold. Alas, my trip to Dubai had to be moved from July to September so that kills that plan.

Please consume lots of Malbec and bife de lomo for me!!!
Old Jul 29, 2016, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Earned status with AA, DL, SPG, HH, Hyatt, Marriott, Seabourn, NCL, National, Hertz...I miss my bed!
Originally Posted by Gaucho100K
Stay out of trouble in Dubai.....
This is ME we are talking about....
Old Jul 30, 2016, 9:16 pm
Original Poster

For the Gentlemen in the group..... here is an interesting place that the Boys can visit between one of the Lunches & Dinners. A true old school place....

Barberia La Epoca
https://www.facebook.com/BarberiaLaEpoca/?fref=nf

If there is interest, I can make arrangements for us to visit, perhaps on the Friday...?

Last edited by Gaucho100K; Jul 30, 2016 at 9:16 pm Reason: add information
Old Jul 30, 2016, 9:17 pm
Original Poster

More on Barberia/Peluqueria La Epoca....

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attracti..._District.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.