MCI BBQ DO XI - May 13-15, 2016

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MCI BBQ DO XI - May 13-15, 2016

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2016, 7:50 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Dia
I'm new to FT, but am happy to see something is happening in the KC area. It looks like I could make this on Friday evening.
Old Feb 28, 2016, 1:29 pm

Programs: LX HON, Radisson Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by flospi
Well, I am interested! Not sure about if and when I can take days off, but this might be interesting!
Okay, flight are booked! Hope you don't mind showing a Swiss the art of BBQ
Old Mar 1, 2016, 6:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, AVIS Preferred, Hilton Diamond
I'll update the attendee list this week. I've been traveling quite a bit lately and finally have some downtime to update this thread.
Old Mar 9, 2016, 8:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, AVIS Preferred, Hilton Diamond
Just updated the attendee list. If I missed anyone, please let me know. This should be another great weekend in KC. I know a lot people want to go to Q39 at some point and honestly, I do as well. Since they take reservations only, we may do Q39 instead of Jack Stack on Friday.

What is the consensus on that?
Old Mar 9, 2016, 11:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
There seemed to be a lot of interest in Q39 last year, with some people finding some space for dinner on Saturday (IIRC). I think it'd be fun to try something new, especially for those that have visited Jack Stack several times before.

Personally, I'm fine either way. It's likely easier for me to visit Q39 as it'll just require a 35 minute drive from Lawrence. Less opportunities for those flying in for the DO.
Old Mar 10, 2016, 6:05 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
There seemed to be a lot of interest in Q39 last year, with some people finding some space for dinner on Saturday (IIRC). I think it'd be fun to try something new, especially for those that have visited Jack Stack several times before.

Personally, I'm fine either way. It's likely easier for me to visit Q39 as it'll just require a 35 minute drive from Lawrence. Less opportunities for those flying in for the DO.
I tend to agree with this. I'll just make a reservation at Q39. We may not all be seated together but that happens at Jack Stack too.
Old Mar 10, 2016, 11:59 am

Programs: LX HON, Radisson Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by MCI777
Just updated the attendee list. If I missed anyone, please let me know. This should be another great weekend in KC. I know a lot people want to go to Q39 at some point and honestly, I do as well. Since they take reservations only, we may do Q39 instead of Jack Stack on Friday.

What is the consensus on that?
For me it's the first time at this do and even in MCI... so I'm fine with whatever... I have a couple of extradays to explore past favourites... and brew pubs.
Old Mar 14, 2016, 1:11 pm

Programs: AA Gold
add 2 more to the list

Once again, I did not get the notification of this years event. Good thing I checked the thread from last years' since I missed it in 2015. You might want to put this on last year's thread to notify people like me who are subscribed there.

Count me and Bob in.

Q39 is excellent. I vote for going there in place of Jack Stack on Friday, especially if they will do a reserved table for us. Jack Stack is too crowded, too noisy, and they never seat us even close to the reserved time. By the time dinner comes I'm ready for bed. I just can't eat barbecue at 10:00pm. : )

Maybe after the BBQ weekend we can try again to get the KC Happy Hour going.

Last edited by susiesan; Mar 16, 2016 at 1:15 pm
Old Mar 22, 2016, 11:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
I look forward to once again following you all around about town - at a discreet distance, of course. You'll never know I was there!
Old Mar 23, 2016, 7:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by Seat 2A
I look forward to once again following you all around about town - at a discreet distance, of course. You'll never know I was there!
Are you definitely thinking of coming in? Because I want to meet the legendary Seat 2A, I will book and confirm my flights.
Old Apr 11, 2016, 8:59 pm

I will be there.

Last edited by rharris60; Apr 12, 2016 at 7:21 am
Old Apr 12, 2016, 7:01 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I just realized that this is the weekend of my daughter's high school graduation and we have family flying in from out of town. My apology but I will now be unavailable to attend.
Old Apr 15, 2016, 11:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Sharing for those who might be looking at staying with Marriott on the Plaza.

http://www.kansascity.com/news/busin...usiness_Report
Old Apr 20, 2016, 2:50 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA *Gold, Marriott PLT, Hyatt mid-tier whose stupid name I cannot ever recall
Please add me to the "maybe" list. I'm interested, but finding reasonably priced flights is a challenge.
Old Apr 22, 2016, 9:21 pm

Programs: Enough to travel better
Please add me to the "possible" list while I confirm my travel and itinerary. Thank you!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.