Wiki Posts
Search

Ann Arbor Art Fair DO 12 (DTW)- July 23-24, 2016

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2016, 9:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Gold , National Emerald Exec, Hertz Presidents, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by HMPS
Earlier there was a talk of the hall costing a few bucks and all of us were to participate. What happened ?
The hall ended up being free. Thank you for bringing it up though, in case others wondered.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 9:25 am
Original Poster

First, a huge thank you to Stefan, of http://rapidtravelchai.boardingarea.com/ and Drew and Carrie from http://travelisfree.com/ and http://freakinflyers.com/.

Excellent question and answer session and presentation from Stefan! Exceeded my expectations.

Thanks to all that provided gifts for the speakers and tip winners!

Thank you to dlouise37 for bringing projectors, only to use the TV that was there.

Also, big thanks to George for hosting the Friday night get together.

I enjoyed seeing many returnees, as well as meeting a few new people.

I like the one afternoon format and thought the walking tour went well on Sunday, despite the intermittent rain.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 9:30 am
Original Poster

Forgot to mention, if you left a bad review for Palm Palace, I would appreciate it if you change it or delete it. I think word got out to some, but maybe not all.

Management and I came to an agreement afterward where everyone got their $5 back and I agreed to return with my family. There were mistakes made and admitted to by both sides.

He stated that the bad reviews may jeopardize his job, and I believe in forgiveness.

So, please consider changing or deleting your reviews.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 11:36 am

Programs: UAL 1K MM, AA Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hertz President's Circle, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Amex Plat
Wink

Originally Posted by Bikeguy
Management and I
with some powerful female persuasion...
Old Jul 25, 2016, 11:47 am

Programs: Delta Kryptonium
Forgot to mention, if you left a bad review for Palm Palace, I would appreciate it if you change it or delete it. I think word got out to some, but maybe not all.

Management and I came to an agreement afterward where everyone got their $5 back and I agreed to return with my family. There were mistakes made and admitted to by both sides.

He stated that the bad reviews may jeopardize his job, and I believe in forgiveness.

So, please consider changing or deleting your reviews.
????? I paid whoever Dave assigned to collect the money and had to leave, about 7:30, did I miss something?
Old Jul 25, 2016, 12:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Pinky
with some powerful female persuasion...
Agreed.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 12:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rubesl
????? I paid whoever Dave assigned to collect the money and had to leave, about 7:30, did I miss something?
Send a PM to discountsae. He was collecting the money. Ended up being $28 a person as originally collected. Only contact discountsae if you paid the extra $5 after my fiery speech and didn't get it back.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 1:45 pm

if you paid the extra $5 after my fiery speech and didn't get it back.
Missed the drama, but would like to know what happened one day
Old Jul 25, 2016, 3:46 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT 2MM, DL Lifetime GM 2MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, HH Diamond, IHG Amb Diamond
Send a PM to discountsae. He was collecting the money. Ended up being $28 a person as originally collected. Only contact discountsae if you paid the extra $5 after my fiery speech and didn't get it back.
I paid the extra $5 and then left. No worries, put it to good use somewhere
Old Jul 27, 2016, 10:56 am

Originally Posted by Governator
I paid the extra $5 and then left. No worries, put it to good use somewhere
The meal ended up being $28 each. I think 2-3 people did not get refunded the $5 extra they paid me. With the extra money, I decided to give Bikeguy $28 on Sunday morning, because I felt he deserved his meal to be paid for too. I think we all appreciate Dave's hard work, and he never asked for any favor. In the original $28 we paid for the speakers meals, but not Dave's. I personally felt like Dave's meal should have been covered as well. I took the liberty upon myself to use the extra money to reimburse his meal too. If anyone has any issues with the situation and feels owed $5, please send me a private message. -Dan
Old Jul 27, 2016, 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by discountsae
The meal ended up being $28 each. I think 2-3 people did not get refunded the $5 extra they paid me. With the extra money, I decided to give Bikeguy $28 on Sunday morning, because I felt he deserved his meal to be paid for too. I think we all appreciate Dave's hard work, and he never asked for any favor. In the original $28 we paid for the speakers meals, but not Dave's. I personally felt like Dave's meal should have been covered as well. I took the liberty upon myself to use the extra money to reimburse his meal too. If anyone has any issues with the situation and feels owed $5, please send me a private message. -Dan
Great idea Dan! I think we should do this going forward. Would be happy to pitch in. I am very grateful for all that Dave does to put this on at no cost to us!
Old Jul 28, 2016, 3:44 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Club Carlson Gold
I agree that Dave's dinner should be paid for. I was going to suggest it near the end, but Dave was in tense negotiations at the time.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 6:42 pm

Programs: UA platinum, HA platinum, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, Priority Club, SPG
+1
Mahalo!
Old Aug 1, 2016, 1:34 pm
k2o

Programs: UA 1K, DL Dia.,AA Plat, Hilton Dia,Bonvoy T
It was nice meeting @nshah at Simon's house ;-)
Yes, watch this forum for next years event and join us.

Great job Dave, George (party!) Carrie & Drew and Stefan. Another great event!
Old Jan 30, 2017, 10:44 am
Original Poster

AAAF DO 13 is now posted:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/commu...l#post27839470

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.