Last edit by: polkacat
Event Information

Thursday 21 April

Lunch, De Heeren van Liederkercke
RSVP required for inclusion in the reservation
IC 2334 departs Midi/Sud 13:18 arrives Liedercke 13:31

Friday 22 April

Night of the Great Thirst, Itterbeek 7 pm - 11:59 pm
Provisional Beer List: http://www.grotedorst.be/en/the-night-of-great-thirst/beer-selection

Meeting Point: 18:00 at Midi/Suid bust station, Perron (platform) 10

* For those who may be interested, De Cam Geuzestekerij will be open 13:00-18:00. Timmerman's, which is a 2 minute walk from Night of the Great Thirst, will be open 16:00-22:00.

Attendees
polkacat
*A Flyer
srletend
KMA26
mile ho
nomadic.relief
NewbieRunner
arollins +3

Saturday 23 April

Zythos Bierfestival Noon - 11 pm

Buy tokens in advance: http://www.zbf.be/index.php?lang=UK&page=4

For anyone who wants to travel in a group, I suggest IC 509 departing Midi/Suid at 10:56 (11:04 at Noord/Nord). This train arrives Leuven at 11:25.

For those who have not been before, if you travel on a train other than IC 509: exit the Leuven train station and bear right to get to the bus depot. The free shuttle to the hall is clearly marked and usually on the 3rd or so platform.

We will grab seats at a table toward the back on the right side of the main hall as you walk in.

Attendees
polkacat
arollins +3
*A Flyer
srletend
KMA26
mile ho
EI147
nomadic.relief
NewbieRunner

Sunday 24 April

Zythos Bierfestival 11 am - 9 pm

Travel Information

BRU airport updates: http://www.brusselsairport2203.be/. Note trains are not currently running. Current transport information: https://www.brusselsairport2203.be/e...t/#section-faq.

Brussels metro: consult http://www.stib-mivb.be/index.htm?l=nl for current information.

Belgium train disruption information, including limited access points to Brussels stations: http://www.belgianrail.be/jp/sncb-nm...en?tpl=him_map.
Print Wikipost

Belgian Beer Festival DO VI in BRU, April 23-24, 2016

Old Feb 2, 2016, 10:01 am

Programs: UA 2.5MM; HH Diamond; Hyatt Platinum; MR Gold
Coincidentally, I'm planning to be in Brussels the weekend of this event, arriving the 23d (I'm meeting my nephew at BRU on the 24th and taking him to London for a week). Depending on how sleepy I am, I might be able to catch up with some of you on Saturday (lunch or snacking on hot gaufre while comparing chocolate shops maybe?), before you head to the beer festival.

As polkacat mentions, Brussels has decent public transit, with a Metro and buses. Also, the central core of the city is very walkable.

Btw NewbieRunner: I'll be overnighting at the Hilton Grand Place in mid-February and will let you know what I think of it.
Old Feb 2, 2016, 9:30 pm

oh wow thanks for sharing this! I live in Europe so it's easy to get there. thinking of going!
Old Feb 3, 2016, 12:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by tripexpert
oh wow thanks for sharing this! I live in Europe so it's easy to get there. thinking of going!
We'd love to have you join us!

And gvdIAD, it would be great if we can find a time to meet up - maybe a breakfast gathering before we get on the train to Leuven?
Old Feb 4, 2016, 11:54 am

Programs: QF WP, AC*G
Originally Posted by polkacat
We'd love to have you join us!

And gvdIAD, it would be great if we can find a time to meet up - maybe a breakfast gathering before we get on the train to Leuven?
That sounds like a great idea.
Old Feb 4, 2016, 3:08 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Yikes! Since I checked the fare a few days ago it has gone up by 30%! Instead of being dirt cheap it's just ok. Before it goes up again I've booked flights and also the Novotel off Grand Place for two nights, so I guess I'm in.

Please add me to the confirmed list. I'll join the Night of the Great Thirst group as well.

Originally Posted by gvdIAD
Coincidentally, I'm planning to be in Brussels the weekend of this event, arriving the 23d
It will be the second time this year gvdIAD and I bump into each other by chance.

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Feb 5, 2016 at 1:10 am
Old Feb 5, 2016, 7:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Please add me to the confirmed list. I'll join the Night of the Great Thirst group as well.
Excellent!
Old Feb 9, 2016, 1:56 pm
V10

Programs: MUCCI Gold
I'm not in a position to make any firm commitments at this stage, but I am relatively local and more than happy to attend beer festivals when circumstances permit.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 9:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by V10
I'm not in a position to make any firm commitments at this stage, but I am relatively local and more than happy to attend beer festivals when circumstances permit.
^ Great! Keep an eye on this thread for more details closer to the date.
Old Feb 16, 2016, 12:29 am

Programs: BA GGL, HH Diamond
Unfortunately I'm a definite no for this now.
Old Feb 16, 2016, 4:12 am

Programs: QR - plat (OWE), AI - Maharajah (* gold), Bonvoy - plat, HH - gold, Shangri La - jade, Sixt - plat
My boss wants me to accompany him to JNB in April but we wont have firm dates till mid March. Definitely want to come if the dates work; guess I'm a maybe for now.
Old Feb 16, 2016, 2:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by vbh812
My boss wants me to accompany him to JNB in April but we wont have firm dates till mid March. Definitely want to come if the dates work; guess I'm a maybe for now.
Got you down as a maybe!

Originally Posted by Jamier45
Unfortunately I'm a definite no for this now.
Sorry to hear it - maybe next year.
Old Feb 16, 2016, 5:00 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
Just to add some extra info to others thinking on attending. There are other festivals.
Amsterdam will have their King's Day festivities on April 27th
Munich will have a Spring beer fest, Frühlingsfest, similar to Octoberfest, but less crowded and held on the same grounds as Octoberfest from April 15th to May 1st.

We are planning on attending these events as well, though Amsterdam will be the day before.

Last edited by arollins; Feb 18, 2016 at 9:04 pm
Old Feb 16, 2016, 8:33 pm

Programs: CO Pres Plat, then UA Global Services--long expired : (
Talking ZBF Pre-Sales

fyi - Advance sales for the ZBF glass and beer tokens is open and it appears this year they allow for buying in advance via multiple methods (including PayPal) and picking up at the venue.

See --> http://www.zbf.be/index.php?lang=UK&page=4

In previous years, the advance sales did not work well for those of us in the USA. I can't say how well this will work, but I do know (from experience), that there can be a long line to buy when you get there...

I'm planning to try this out--will see how it goes.
Old Feb 16, 2016, 8:45 pm

Originally Posted by srletend
fyi - Advance sales for the ZBF glass and beer tokens is open and it appears this year they allow for buying in advance via multiple methods (including PayPal) and picking up at the venue.

See --> http://www.zbf.be/index.php?lang=UK&page=4

In previous years, the advance sales did not work well for those of us in the USA. I can't say how well this will work, but I do know (from experience), that there can be a long line to buy when you get there...

I'm planning to try this out--will see how it goes.
I will try as well.
Old Feb 16, 2016, 8:59 pm

Originally Posted by arollins
I will try as well.
It works, I got my confirmation email. Sweet, 4 starter kit + 50 extra tokens. $89.78 in US currency. ^

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.