Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Traveling with a disabled person

Old Oct 2, 2015, 4:40 pm
Original Poster

Hello all! My sister (who's in a wheelchair) and I will be traveling to Belfast, Northern Ireland in December for Christmas. Although we are both really excited we are also very nervous. Does anyone have any tips or tricks for us on how to make our flights and travels easier?
Old Oct 2, 2015, 8:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
The Disability Travel forum here is focused on such needs, though it also includes people with other needs than getting around in a wheelchair. If you go to the main Forums page, you'll find it in the Special Interest Travel section. I don't want to presume on your intentions, but if you would like to move this post to that forum, just click on the red triangle under your name and make that request in the box that shows up.

If you have specific questions about Belfast in this regard, you might want to ask them in the U.K. and Ireland forum. It's in the Destinations area of FlyerTalk, under the Europe subheading.

Enjoy your trip!
Old Oct 2, 2015, 11:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by Efrem
The Disability Travel forum here is focused on such needs
The OP has already posted there, along with several other places.

OP: cross-posting is against the FT rules, and you've posted this in at least seven different fora. Expect the moderators to close most of your threads.
Old Oct 3, 2015, 1:28 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
This thread is closed as the topic was cross posted in several forums. Please continue discussion in the Disability Travel forum as suggested.

NewbieRunner
Co-moderator, CommunityBuzz

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Oct 3, 2015 at 6:17 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.