Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Is It That Time? The Official 2015 Secret Santa Announcement!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 16, 2015, 7:59 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: steveman518
Please remember to PM wharvey both when you ship your gifts (with contents and tracking for each recipient) and when you receive your gifts (with contents and a name for your santa if possible)!

Posting photos:
Alternatively: Upload your image to somewhere on the internet (a list can be found in the wiki here, and I also can recommend imgur). Once the image is uploaded, right click on the image (control-click or click with two fingers for those of you with macs), click on "copy image URL". Then in your post in this thread, paste the image URL that you previously copied between two image tags, so the result looks like:
[img]your URL here[/img]

There is no "gifts sent" part this time around-PM your sent gifts to wharvey! (though feel free to post it in the thread)

Gifts Received
Please please please PM wharvey when you have received/opened your gifts!
Include pictures if you can-and please only link to posts once you have unwrapped your gifts!
380fanatic #1
98103 #1 #2
balima #1 #2 #3
BillScann #1
BunE #1
BXIAN #1 (part 2) #2 #3
canforce #1 #2 #3
Catch330 #1 #2
Catman #1
CDTraveler #1 (part 2) #2
ckidder331 #1
compubit #1 #2 #3
CPH-Flyer #1 #2
danam #1 #2
Deds1 #1 #2
DevilDawg1960 #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
dibby #1 #2 #3
diburning #1
erikatcuse #1
eunduklee #1 #2
extramileage #1 #2
fadynaime #1
flipsta #1 #2 #3
Fleyem2thamoun #1
FlyingCow #1 #2 #3 #4
Fragola #1 #2 (part 2) #3 (part 2)
Gberg #1
Glamette #1 #2
grbflyer #1 #2
gsch #1 #2
hijiji #1
jamesteroh #1
Jinxy #1 #2 #3
jturner7 #1
kauppias #1 #2
kenme1 #1
KimmyAA #1 #2
kipper #1 #2 #3
levenhopper #1 #2 (part 1) #3 #4 #5 #6
Lisabeth #1 #2 #3
lisamcgu #1 (part 2)
Litning77 #1 #2
LM225 #1 #2
lukasvolker #1 #2
madguy2 #1
malexander131 #1
Marcia3641 #1 #2
mdovenmuehler #1
MiffSC #1 #2 #3
miko2a #1
Mileage Lover #1 #2
missydarlin #1
MrDPlus #1 (part 2) #2 #3 (picture)
nomadic.relief #1 #2
oenophilist #1 #2 (pictures)
ohlradio #1
oliver2002 #1
onfo #1 #2
onthewaytoadventure #1 #2
pbjag #1 #2
poohbear808 #1
PSUPaul#1 #2
Redhead #1 #2 (part 2) #3 #4 #5 (part 2)
#6 #7
RockinRon #1 #2
rxfleming #1 #2 #3 #4
sahiljain22 #1
samosa #1 #2
sandratravels #1 #2
santina91 #1 #2
SDQBound #1
Shuttle_Endeavour #1 #2
SteveHK #1
steveman518 #1 (part 2) #2 #3 #4
singtx #1 (pictures)
taseas #1
theacendahole #1 #2
The Deal Mommy #1 #2
thehowieee #1 #2 #3
thorpeflyer #1 #2
TokyoFoodie #1 #2 #3 #4
tzvilev #1 #2 #3 #4
vvbkumar #1
WhatTheMiguel #1
WIRunner #1 (part 2) #2
YQMYMM #1 #2
YVRorange #1
Print Wikipost

Is It That Time? The Official 2015 Secret Santa Announcement!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2016, 3:15 pm

Programs: BA Silver, UA, DL Gold, HH Gold
vvbkumar, thank you, again.

I thought the books were the whole gift, which would had already been great; and then you also sent me this LH B747-100.

Thank you!

Old Jan 27, 2016, 6:48 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, Marriot Lifetime Gold
Well mail finally got through after the snow! And another package from Levenhopper arrived! A wine tasting and trivia game called zinzig and a family bucket list game. Going to have fun with both :-)
Old Feb 1, 2016, 1:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Mailed the replacement Santa gift today.
Old Feb 2, 2016, 10:38 am

Programs: SWA- A List Preffered, Hilton- Gold
My "back up" secret Santa Maile hit it out of the park. I received a box from Hawaii and you could feel the warmth from the island and sender!

It was a cornucopia of lovely items from Hawaii: earrings, kitchen items, luggage locator, popcorn, recipe book ( with favorites marked) and art fun!

Thank you so much- my daughter and I are fighting over the goodies

Every secret Santa has demonstrated great taste and fun- thanks to all for making this happen!
Old Feb 5, 2016, 3:50 pm

Programs: Hilton: Diamond/Everything else: Kettle...
I look at it as a fun activity. WHarvey does an amazing job of "herding cats" for this activity! Thanks, many times over!

Being my first year participating (I always seemed to catch the announcement after the close until this year), I didn't know what to expect, but the generosity of my Secret Santas was much appreciated. I hope my recipients enjoyed their gifts.

A few things I learned:
- I have a better idea of a few questions to ask the recipients next year (shirt size, Apple or Android, food allergies - I know I'll think of a few others as the year progresses - and yes I will obsess about this for next year!)
- I'm already starting to look for goodies to include in next year's boxes, especially when I travel
- Ship early - even when you think you'll get it done early - time always seems to slip through the cracks

Hope everyone has a great year - and from my "pseudo Latin" quote: illegitimis non carborundum

Jim
Old Feb 5, 2016, 4:54 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Wow.

My backup Santa made me very happy that one of my original Santas bailed

Got home today to a box PACKED with treats...my wife and I had fun opening each one to see what was inside. In the end, we were left with a mountain of goodies from Maine that are sure to challenge our willpower for months to come.

Thank you for the thoughtfully chosen (and very carefully packed) gift!
Old Feb 22, 2016, 5:33 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond

Well, a certain Secret Santa from Aiken , South Carolina has restored my faith and belief in Santa, Flyertalk style. I arrived home from work tonight to find a delightful package from one of Santa's elves, complete with a very clever poem. I was so thrilled-I have been battling a nasty virus all weekend, had to drag myself through the workday, and arrived home exhausted. It was so wonderful to arrive home and open the great box of goodies! My elf took great care in reading my wish list. I took a photo of the poem-not sure if I posted correctly.

When my energy returns, I will post gift photos. Can't wait to dive into the chocolate! The Iceland book arrived at the very time that I am planning our upcoming Iceland adventure. Thanks so much!

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Feb 23, 2016 at 12:35 am Reason: fixed image link and moved post to correct thread
Old Feb 22, 2016, 5:47 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Also, since my photo of the poem did not show up, I need to note that my elf graciously stepped up as a replacement Santa when one of my original Santas failed to deliver. I really appreciate the generosity of spirit shown by my elf
Old Feb 23, 2016, 9:18 pm

Programs: Santa's Workshop
First time checking in since early January. I just forwarded some messages. Sorry for the delay.

I just want to thank the person that was going to send candy from Japan to the Elves. Please don't make promises that you can't keep.

Heads up. The Elves just got back from the American International Toy Fair in New York City. Lots of new toys to make the kids happy in December 2016. ^
Old Feb 25, 2016, 4:41 pm

Programs: AAExP, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, IHG Spire, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by BXIAN
Also, since my photo of the poem did not show up, I need to note that my elf graciously stepped up as a replacement Santa when one of my original Santas failed to deliver. I really appreciate the generosity of spirit shown by my elf
I'm glad it came on a day when you needed it... and that it made you smile.

(pace yourself on the chocs! LOL)
Old Apr 19, 2016, 11:28 am

Programs: ??????????
Well, it is way past Christmas... but the post office just found my lost package from my secret santa.

Calendar on my wall, my favorite shampoo, tasty chocolates from my santa's home town and a westin blanket that can double as a travel pillow. All fantastic. We lost our pup to cancer in February so he won't be able to enjoy the toy, but I hope soon enough we'll have another furry family member and he/she can enjoy it.

Thanks again! Better late than never!!! ^^

Catman.

Old Sep 27, 2016, 10:43 am
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/commu...l#post27256580

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.