Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Is It That Time? The Official 2015 Secret Santa Announcement!

Old Nov 16, 2015, 7:59 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: steveman518
Please remember to PM wharvey both when you ship your gifts (with contents and tracking for each recipient) and when you receive your gifts (with contents and a name for your santa if possible)!

Posting photos:
Alternatively: Upload your image to somewhere on the internet (a list can be found in the wiki here, and I also can recommend imgur). Once the image is uploaded, right click on the image (control-click or click with two fingers for those of you with macs), click on "copy image URL". Then in your post in this thread, paste the image URL that you previously copied between two image tags, so the result looks like:
[img]your URL here[/img]

There is no "gifts sent" part this time around-PM your sent gifts to wharvey! (though feel free to post it in the thread)

Gifts Received
Please please please PM wharvey when you have received/opened your gifts!
Include pictures if you can-and please only link to posts once you have unwrapped your gifts!
380fanatic #1
98103 #1 #2
balima #1 #2 #3
BillScann #1
BunE #1
BXIAN #1 (part 2) #2 #3
canforce #1 #2 #3
Catch330 #1 #2
Catman #1
CDTraveler #1 (part 2) #2
ckidder331 #1
compubit #1 #2 #3
CPH-Flyer #1 #2
danam #1 #2
Deds1 #1 #2
DevilDawg1960 #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
dibby #1 #2 #3
diburning #1
erikatcuse #1
eunduklee #1 #2
extramileage #1 #2
fadynaime #1
flipsta #1 #2 #3
Fleyem2thamoun #1
FlyingCow #1 #2 #3 #4
Fragola #1 #2 (part 2) #3 (part 2)
Gberg #1
Glamette #1 #2
grbflyer #1 #2
gsch #1 #2
hijiji #1
jamesteroh #1
Jinxy #1 #2 #3
jturner7 #1
kauppias #1 #2
kenme1 #1
KimmyAA #1 #2
kipper #1 #2 #3
levenhopper #1 #2 (part 1) #3 #4 #5 #6
Lisabeth #1 #2 #3
lisamcgu #1 (part 2)
Litning77 #1 #2
LM225 #1 #2
lukasvolker #1 #2
madguy2 #1
malexander131 #1
Marcia3641 #1 #2
mdovenmuehler #1
MiffSC #1 #2 #3
miko2a #1
Mileage Lover #1 #2
missydarlin #1
MrDPlus #1 (part 2) #2 #3 (picture)
nomadic.relief #1 #2
oenophilist #1 #2 (pictures)
ohlradio #1
oliver2002 #1
onfo #1 #2
onthewaytoadventure #1 #2
pbjag #1 #2
poohbear808 #1
PSUPaul#1 #2
Redhead #1 #2 (part 2) #3 #4 #5 (part 2)
#6 #7
RockinRon #1 #2
rxfleming #1 #2 #3 #4
sahiljain22 #1
samosa #1 #2
sandratravels #1 #2
santina91 #1 #2
SDQBound #1
Shuttle_Endeavour #1 #2
SteveHK #1
steveman518 #1 (part 2) #2 #3 #4
singtx #1 (pictures)
taseas #1
theacendahole #1 #2
The Deal Mommy #1 #2
thehowieee #1 #2 #3
thorpeflyer #1 #2
TokyoFoodie #1 #2 #3 #4
tzvilev #1 #2 #3 #4
vvbkumar #1
WhatTheMiguel #1
WIRunner #1 (part 2) #2
YQMYMM #1 #2
YVRorange #1
Print Wikipost

Is It That Time? The Official 2015 Secret Santa Announcement!

Old Nov 26, 2015, 9:38 am

...Or the approach I took this year is mailing from my recipients respective countries, though that is not particularly practical in most cases!
Old Nov 26, 2015, 1:31 pm

Programs: AC
Received a package from Bravada04 today.

Not sure whats inside as I am travelling. Plus the boss at home says if the kids cant open their gifts, I cant open mine!!! Will post pics as soon as I am allowed to open it up!

Thanks in advance.
Old Nov 26, 2015, 2:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by canforce
Received a package from Bravada04 today.

Not sure whats inside as I am travelling. Plus the boss at home says if the kids cant open their gifts, I cant open mine!!! Will post pics as soon as I am allowed to open it up!

Thanks in advance.
Ouch! Tough boss! Mr. Kipper knows not to use that with me, because the kibblers can open their gifts when they arrive too.
Old Nov 26, 2015, 4:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by flipstah
Can anyone recommend a European shopping site that ships quick around the EU?

I had issues last year with gifts not making it on time and perhaps I can save headaches buying direct.
amazon.de amazon.co.uk there is no issue in using a non European credit card on the European sites. And shipping via them are cheaper than worldwide shipping from. com
Old Nov 26, 2015, 6:09 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy SE
It has begun for me! Thanks to fellow Canadian, Fragola for the chocolate with edible gold (wat!) And the three cookbooks!

Going to be a busy kitchen!

Also thanks for the Amazon suggestion. It'll save me so much hassle.
Old Nov 26, 2015, 9:39 pm

Originally Posted by madguy2
I've finished shopping and packaging and shipping out my gifts

By the way, if any of my secret santas would like something from Tokyo or kuala lumpur or singapore, I'd be willing to bring it back to the states for you. It won't ship in time for christmas but probably by new years? (Also may apply to anyone else reading this message but my luggage priority goes to my secret santas)
By the way, I'm based in Singapore so if you need any help finding anything when you're here, please feel free to ask!
Old Nov 27, 2015, 6:33 am

Originally Posted by kipper
Ouch! Tough boss! Mr. Kipper knows not to use that with me, because the kibblers can open their gifts when they arrive too.
She runs a tight ship.

Being in the military and away from home on a semi regular business, I have learned its best to listen to what the boss says!
Old Nov 27, 2015, 10:07 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
She runs a tight ship.

Being in the military and away from home on a semi regular business, I have learned its best to listen to what the boss says!
Sounds like she does.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 12:02 pm

Programs: Santa's Workshop
Some useless facts from the Workshop.

10 people have requested assistance for 16 giftees.

The biggest operational issue is that posters haven't been broad enough in listing what they wanted when completing Santa wharveys informational sheet.

Some requests were well over the $50 USD limit.
Some request were airline/hotel specific.
Some request were just begging for their Santa to get them something they don't like due to vague gift information.

Please keep this in mind for next year.

And now for some editorial comment. If you're vague, and not helpful in listing your wishlist, the Elves will let your Santa buy whatever they please, with no help from the Elves. We don't have the time to make your holiday cheerful if you don't help us. The Elves want to make all participants happy in 2015 and in the future.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 12:47 pm
fadynaime

Programs: TK Elite Miles&Smlies, Jet Blue, Platinum medallion, Marriott Gold
hmmm I haven't received any questions. wonder if I'm in the group that headelf53 mentioned or I was so good at describing what I'm into that my secret santa has no questions.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 1:42 pm

I thought it was a $50 minimum, not limit?????

Originally Posted by HeadElf53
Some useless facts from the Workshop.

10 people have requested assistance for 16 giftees.

The biggest operational issue is that posters haven't been broad enough in listing what they wanted when completing Santa wharveys informational sheet.

Some requests were well over the $50 USD limit.
Some request were airline/hotel specific.
Some request were just begging for their Santa to get them something they don't like due to vague gift information.

Please keep this in mind for next year.

And now for some editorial comment. If you're vague, and not helpful in listing your wishlist, the Elves will let your Santa buy whatever they please, with no help from the Elves. We don't have the time to make your holiday cheerful if you don't help us. The Elves want to make all participants happy in 2015 and in the future.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 1:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Global Services , Marriott Platinum
I treat it as a $50 minimum, not including packaging or shipping. My recipients gave great tips and so I probably went a little over finding fun things that I thought they would appreciate.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by KimmyAA
I treat it as a $50 minimum, not including packaging or shipping. My recipients gave great tips and so I probably went a little over finding fun things that I thought they would appreciate.
Here's hoping I am one of your recipients!!!
Old Nov 28, 2015, 4:29 pm

Programs: Santa's Workshop
Pardon me. You are correct. Please send all over-limit gifts to santa direct. The poor guy works really hard preparing for this every year.
Old Nov 29, 2015, 1:23 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
amazon.de amazon.co.uk there is no issue in using a non European credit card on the European sites. And shipping via them are cheaper than worldwide shipping from. com
Also, you can sign up for a trial of Prime (which is independent of Prime in the US) to get free expedited shipping.

As for my gifts, I received a greeting card from my Santa, which also indicated what I should be receiving. The day after I received the card, I received a box with a camera accessory in it. I'll wait until the last package arrives before posting a photo of everything together. If you're reading this, Santa, thank you!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.