CHICAGO (ORD area) Capt Denny & Capt Rogers Dinner Do - Wed July 22

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CHICAGO (ORD area) Capt Denny & Capt Rogers Dinner Do - Wed July 22

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2015, 8:12 am

Programs: AA PLT
Unfortunately, work is shaping up to be busy tomorrow, so I'm going to have to bow out.

Originally Posted by iluv2fly
Or the best way from the airport/L to the restaurant?
Personally, I'd just take the Metra to the ORD stop and walk, although I don't think there are crosswalks along Higgins up there.
Old Jul 21, 2015, 8:38 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite
Anyone driving up from the Loop?

Thanks.
If you would like, I could pick you up from the Rosemont or Cumberland Blue Line stations. Another option, is taking the Blue Line to the Rosemont station and Rosemont has several cabs standing by at the station once you go down the escalators. Or Uber..
Old Jul 21, 2015, 9:37 pm

Programs: UA MM, AA PPro
Anyone driving up from the Loop?

Thanks.
You can take Metra North Central to the O'Hare stop and walk about 5 minutes, or take L to ORD, ATC to remote parking E, then shuttle to Metra (F lot is closed), or take a hotel shuttle from the ORD shuttle centrer. The closest is Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chicago O`Hare, but Sheraton Suites O'Hare and Holiday Inn & Suites (not express) that are next to Harry Caray's are kitty corner from SJ.

Also, see the next post.
Old Jul 21, 2015, 9:40 pm

Programs: UA MM, AA PPro
I should be landing at ORD around 4:30pm. The plan is to work for about an hour in the Admiral's Club T3/G, then drive my car parked at ORD garage to the event.

I'll be happy to guest anyone arriving around the same time, and/or drive them to SJ. PM for arrangements. The car seats 5, including me the driver. Return trip to ORD is not guaranteed.
Old Jul 21, 2015, 10:01 pm
BTA

Programs: Fly: AA EXP UA Gold MM Stay: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat Drive: Avis PC, Hertz PC
with regrets, I have to cancel for tomorrow. I just can't get down there as I had hoped.

I hope to have another chance to meet up with Captain Denny and you all again in the next year! Please enjoy it. He's a great guy.
Old Jul 22, 2015, 12:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Assuming there is still room for a last minute addition, I'm in.
Old Jul 22, 2015, 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by Sweet Willie
of course!

Please update your status as soon as you are able so I can manage restaurant's expectations on the size of our group.
Going to change to a No. (thus supporting your theory that newbies don't show up )
Old Jul 22, 2015, 3:40 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by fcgoal
Going to change to a No. (thus supporting your theory that newbies don't show up )
you are just making room for this FT member
Originally Posted by FindAWay
Assuming there is still room for a last minute addition, I'm in.
there is, c'mon out
Old Jul 22, 2015, 4:00 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
SW Regrets

SW,
Alas, so near a facility and good company and menu, I am bowing out. My fourth house guest is delayed and lands at 7.30 PM. I hope !

Besides I need to make space for FindAWay
Old Jul 22, 2015, 4:11 pm

Running about 20 min late. Went to the air show in Oskosh and hitting some traffic back home. 20-30 min late. Sry. Thx.
Old Jul 22, 2015, 4:52 pm
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
I'm sorry but I won't be able to attend. I caught some nasty cold (oddly in summer) and have been in bed since yesterday.
I hopefully should make the meetup next Thursday (July 30)
Old Jul 22, 2015, 4:55 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond; IHG Platinum; Bonvoy Gold; AA Platinum Pro and United Premier Silver (DH = AA EXP)
Whhhhhy didn't I see this before?? I am literally down the street, but I have other commitments tonight (involves moving furniture, so this would have definitely been preferred). So close, yet so far!
Old Jul 23, 2015, 7:18 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
So we had 15 folks show up, good food and the waitress came through with individual checks for all, not an easy feat.

As host, my apologies to those I did not get a chance to meet, I was remiss in not making the rounds.

Great to see the captains!
Old Jul 23, 2015, 8:01 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Another great event, Sweet Willie - thank you! It was great to meet both captains and hear some of their entertaining stories!
Old Jul 23, 2015, 12:49 pm

Thanks Willie. It was great meeting you and talking to you at the end. Thank you for organizing the event, sorry I was a bit late, but it was nice meeting Captain Rogers, and like always nice seeing Captain Denny.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.