Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Does anyone else collect model aircraft?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2015, 5:20 pm
Original Poster

I am a collector of model aircraft - mainly those that I have actually travelled on.

I've got about 20 now, quite a few Turkish Airlines, Emirates & I am due to add a BA 747-400. They are all in 1:400 scale.

Do any of you collect them too, or am I the only one?

I get them from www.aircraftmodelstore.co.uk mainly

Last edited by herpacollectorUK; May 24, 2015 at 5:28 pm
Old May 24, 2015, 6:55 pm
Formerly known as stellertony

Programs: UA Gold, DL Gold, NEXUS, APEC
I have a collection of Alaska Airlines plane models and a few bits of other memorabilia, plus a few other planes that I've flown on during overseas trips. Mostly Skymarks models.
Old May 24, 2015, 7:35 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, UA, WN, DL- zilch by choice, IHG-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, Hilton Gold,

I have only one I acquired in the 1970's- a National Airlines B727-200. Miami-based National was absorbed by PanAm but was a big player in the NE to Florida traffic in the 1950-60-70's. At one time they had a TV ad that featured a map of Florida that rotated on its side so that the Panhandle stuck up in the air like a stabilizer and announced "We took Florida and turned it into an airline". They were also one of the few airlines in the 1950's that flew the NYC-Havana route.
Old May 24, 2015, 9:45 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
The OP already has a thread which started in CommunityBuzz and was later moved to TravelBuzz. Please continue any discussion there.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...uve-flown.html

I am closing this thread.

NewbieRunner
Co-Moderator, CommunityBuzz

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.