Reload this Page >

LEX Horse & Bourbon DO VII, Oct 2-4, 2015

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LEX Horse & Bourbon DO VII, Oct 2-4, 2015

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2015, 6:53 pm

Programs: BAEC G, WN A-, Hyatt G, HH G, MAR T, Hz PC, was [UA2P, FL A+Elite, BD G]
Originally Posted by toomanybooks
Wine is great

HPN-HRL just called. His flight was cancelled and rebooking would get him here mid-afternoon tomorrow, so he has to bow out.
Thanks for posting this - I just got back home.

Sorry to miss everybody (especially tmb's parents), but I couldn't justify making the trip when I would have less than 24 hours in KY. Fortunately, I was able to get all my starpoints back (easy), all my Avios back (harder), and even my $5.60 in taxes on the cancelled flight.
Old Oct 2, 2015, 6:58 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Looking at two different forecasts, I'm seeing predictions in the low- to mid-50s and almost certain rain tomorrow but high-60s to low-70s with 20% or less chance of rain Sunday. I'm inclined to check out a couple distilleries after the horse farm rather than head to the track and save the racing for Sunday.

Heading out to fill a growler now because I forgot Wednesday.
Old Oct 2, 2015, 7:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Yes, I am seeing similar forecasts. Sunday night be better for Keeneland for sure.

We can decide in the late morning.

Originally Posted by mattp1987
Looking at two different forecasts, I'm seeing predictions in the low- to mid-50s and almost certain rain tomorrow but high-60s to low-70s with 20% or less chance of rain Sunday. I'm inclined to check out a couple distilleries after the horse farm rather than head to the track and save the racing for Sunday.

Heading out to fill a growler now because I forgot Wednesday.
Old Oct 3, 2015, 5:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
Planning on leaving the 4P around 7:15 to grab us all donuts from Spaldings Bakery. Get your orders in now!

Re: WX for today and tomorrow. I had the thought last night that with a smaller group we might be able to get a horse farm tour on short notice for Sunday at a place like Claiborne.

I'm planning on going to Kee today since it is a HUGE day of stakes racing.
Old Oct 3, 2015, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Saw the Icelandic horses this morning. Beautiful place and interesting. Now waiting for noon tour at Four Roses Distillery.
Old Oct 3, 2015, 1:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by toomanybooks
Saw the Icelandic horses this morning. Beautiful place and interesting. Now waiting for noon tour at Four Roses Distillery.
Yes I was there. Currently at Town Branch distillery. All good fun
Old Oct 3, 2015, 7:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Wonderful evening so far - now back at the Four Points and time for some serious drinking.
Old Oct 6, 2015, 8:17 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
My schedule has yet to mess with the timing of this event, but I just thought this might be the most appropriate place to check to see if any FT members were going to be in Lexington for Breeders Cup. I figured there was a chance there might be a couple.
Old Oct 6, 2015, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
Thanks to all for another enjoyable DO in LEX. Had a great time and wish I was still there in the Bluegrass. Count me in for the Spring.

Originally Posted by Santander
It looks like I won't be able to make it down this time. I plan to attend the Breeders' Cup at the end of the month and it's probably too much for me to come down to LEX twice this month. Enjoy the weekend and look forward to the spring DO when I'll hopefully be living back in SDF!
Originally Posted by Miesque
My schedule has yet to mess with the timing of this event, but I just thought this might be the most appropriate place to check to see if any FT members were going to be in Lexington for Breeders Cup. I figured there was a chance there might be a couple.
Wish I was going to be at the Breeders Cup in person. I always take BC Friday off work but usually bet the races from the simulcast facility at my local track or go to LAS. I'm really tempted to go on StubHub to see about getting scalped tickets to the BC this year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.