Reload this Page >

Cow Do XI (EZE) - Sep 04 to Sep 07th, 2015

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 10, 2015, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MSPeconomist
Signed in members with 90 days and 90 posts can edit this wikipost.

List of FTers interested / confirmed - updated as of March 10, 2015:

Interested: 15

Austin787
DLroads
JDiver
msvacation
Marambio
pbjag
penegal
Ysolde + 1
Paul + 1
RafKa
Tuchop
Viajero Millero

Confirmed: 17
will1408
Calchas: Intercontinental 03 Sept to 08 Sept. Everything but the Monday tasting.
centxwx
rbAA AA 953 Sat 9:43am; Park Hyatt; AA954 Tues 9:30pm NOTE: see post 256 for the Sunday dinner options
iolairemcfadden + 1 (Susan); Hotel Impala/Sissi Haz Hotel Boutique; 10 AM Fri - 9 PM Tues, (all except iolaire will miss welcome lunch)
CubsGirl inbound flight tbd; Park Hyatt; in for Friday dinner and all Saturday events. Likely to go to El Establo for Sunday dinner.
FlyingCow + 1 (FlyingToro)
BDA Shorts; flying in early; apartment in Belgrano; all events + hosting SABRE demo
mad4miles + mad Jr. Arrive Friday AM, Park Hyatt, Friday dinner, Other plans of Saturday, up for Sunday dinner at El Establo
MsEverywhere + DONS999; AA909 Fri 8:18am; Plaza Hotel; AA900 Mon 8:00pm; all Fri/Sat/Mon events including SABRE
MSPeconomist Arrive Thursday morning, depart Monday night (DL through ATL), Park Hyatt, Dinner Friday, Wine tasting, lunch, and dinner Saturday, Probably dinner Sunday (depending on plans), Wine tasting Monday.
chrisphx
Gaucho100K
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2015, 5:09 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Post Cow Do XI (EZE) - Sep 04 to Sep 07th, 2015

OK Folks.... time to get this Master Thread going. We are up to the eleventh consecutive Cow Do, if my mind isn't failing me this is the second (or third?) longest yearly Do tradition on FlyerTalk.

Based in Buenos Aires (EZE), the Cow do is a friendly & informal gathering of FTers (and also non FTers) that blend in the chance to earn a nice amount of miles and hotel points with the opportunity to enjoy lots of Beef and Malbec !!! For a quick check on what this traditional Do is all about, please see below the links to a few previous events:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/commu...ghlight=cow+do

As is the norm, we will be having various groups meals, side trips are sometimes arranged, and there will be one or two charity events to raise money for remote rural area schools that operate in remote locations of the Province of Misiones (in Northern Argentina). More details to follow as we gather momentum and folks start to sign up... ^

Please post your interest here and please do consider putting this event on your travel Calendar/Radar. For those that begin fare hunting, make sure to post here to alert others on those special fares you find, its a nice way to boost the community spirit and allow others to join in on the fun. I will be sending out friendly notification messages to those FTers that have in the past attended this event, and also to those that at some point expressed an interest and perhaps never made it down.... having dug deep into the archives of previous Do's as far back as 2008, please forgive me if you receive more than one notification, a handle or another may slip by me more than once...

I look forward to being able to welcome a record group of FTers here this year !!! ^

Last edited by Gaucho100K; Feb 26, 2015 at 5:59 am Reason: post format adjustment
Old Feb 26, 2015, 5:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Friday - September 4th

- 1230 Hours (12:30PM or 30 minutes after Noon) - welcome lunch at SottoVoce
Sottovoce Libertador
Address: Av. del Libertador 1098 (cross street is Ayacucho)
http://www.sottovoce.com.ar/

- 1900 Hours (7:00PM) - SABRE Demo - Hosted by BDA Shorts
Address and other details will be provided by Host via PM

- 2030 Hours (8:30PM) - Official Opening Dinner - Don Julio
Parrilla Don Julio
Address: Guatemala 4691 (cross street Gurruchaga)
http://www.parrilladonjulio.com.ar/

Saturday - September 5th

- 1100 Hours (11:00AM) - Charity Wine Tasting Event
Marieta Restaurant
Address: Cerrito 22
Requested Donation AR$600 (Pesos) per person

- 1330 Hours (1:30PM) - Group Lunch - same venue as Wine Tasting Event
Marieta Restaurant
http://www.marietarestaurant.com.ar/

- 2000 Hours (8:00PM) - Group Dinner @ Pura Tierra
Pura Tierra Restraurant
Address: 3 de Febrero 1167
Belgrano - Capital Federal
Tel. +54 (11) 4899 2007
http://www.puratierra.com.ar/english/index.html

Sunday - September 6th

Free day with no "official" Group Activities.... this day is usually allocated for day trips like Visiting an Estancia, or taking the Ferry over to Colonia, Uruguay. Other popular options are visiting the San Telmo Market, and/or attending a soccer match depending on the local leagues calendar, etc.

For those not doing a day trip, favorite places for lunch/dinner on a Sunday include - but are not limited to......
- Morelia (Pizza & Grill), this place is known for its grilled pizza
- Fervor (Seafood Grill), but also with a full "dead Cow" Menu
- El SanJuanino (Empanadas & traditional Andean Specialties)

Monday - September 7th

- 1100 Hours (11:00AM) - Charity Wine Tasting Event No. 2
Marieta Restaurant
Address: Cerrito 22
Requested Donation AR$600 (Pesos) per person

- 1400 Hours (2:00PM) - Closing Lunch, most folks head out to the airport directly after the meal
La Dorita
Address: Humboldt 1892 (cross street is Costa Rica)
http://www.parrillaladorita.com.ar/

Last edited by Gaucho100K; Sep 7, 2015 at 3:00 am Reason: add schedule of events
Old Feb 26, 2015, 5:10 am
Original Poster

Once folks have reviewed the calendar of events, I ask you to please post your list of participations so we can make the reservations and other arrangements. As is the norm/tradition of this event, we work on the Honor System... so we don't require anybody for a credit card or similar form of reservation guarantee, but please do consider that the organizers are entering a commitment with the different establishments we will be visiting. We can certainly understand situations of "force majeure" but otherwise please do honor your commitment and if you will not be able to make it (or change your mind), please let us know as far in advance as possible by sending me a PM and/or email + posting here on this Master thread. Thanks to everybody for their understanding.

Last edited by Gaucho100K; Aug 8, 2015 at 8:24 pm
Old Feb 26, 2015, 5:10 am
Original Poster

For those that have not already done so, please post your flight arrival & departure details, plus where you will be staying...... actually, for those that have already done that, please go ahead and post the information again so that I can hopefully have one post per attending person with all the information in one place....

This helps not only the organizers but also allows for other to know where everybody in the Group is and allows for convenient things like sharing Taxi rides, assisting with bag storage when one FTer has late check out and another doesn't, etc. etc.

Also, it allows for better coordination of after dinner parties, meeting up for breakfast... so please don't forget to share this key information with all of us.

And please, check back to review/read this master thread often as the last month before the Do is a very buys time for this thread and it gets updated quite often.... ^

Last edited by Gaucho100K; Aug 8, 2015 at 8:27 pm
Old Feb 26, 2015, 5:23 am

Programs: UA: Gold

Interested.
Old Feb 26, 2015, 8:10 am

Programs: DL KM/DM/2MM (NH Plat emeritus, CO Plat emeritus, and no place like home)
It's about tiMOOOOOOOOOO I'd make it. PS- is the event open for vegans? ;-)
Old Feb 26, 2015, 8:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum, Delta Silver Medallion, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Ysolde + 1, interested.
Old Feb 26, 2015, 10:01 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DLroads
PS- is the event open for vegans? ;-)
It is open for everybody !!!! ^
Old Feb 26, 2015, 11:24 am

Programs: AA 1MM, Hyatt Diamond
Have confirmed DSU at Hyatt--just need to find flights.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 11:10 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CubsGirl
Have confirmed DSU at Hyatt--just need to find flights.
Excellent !! This puts CubsGirl first in line to claim the 1st to confirm award.... ^
Old Feb 27, 2015, 11:54 am

Programs: AA Plat
Originally Posted by Gaucho100K
It is open for everybody !!!! ^
Not to worry,the cows are vegans as well.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 12:19 pm

Programs: DL KM/DM/2MM (NH Plat emeritus, CO Plat emeritus, and no place like home)
Vegan nutrition makes everything better, and that's the reason I like my steak from a vegan cow
Old Feb 27, 2015, 1:08 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Already looking like a no-go for this year, appreciate your efforts!!! ^
Old Feb 27, 2015, 2:57 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
Already looking like a no-go for this year, appreciate your efforts!!! ^
Sorry to hear that.... but will keep my fingers crossed, perhaps there is room for a "miracle"....?
Old Feb 27, 2015, 2:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bruceba
Not to worry,the cows are vegans as well.
Bruce... any chance you can make it..? I don't think we have ever hosted someone from The Bahamas for this Do !! ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.