Reload this Page >

Cow Do XI (EZE) - Sep 04 to Sep 07th, 2015

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 10, 2015, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MSPeconomist
Signed in members with 90 days and 90 posts can edit this wikipost.

List of FTers interested / confirmed - updated as of March 10, 2015:

Interested: 15

Austin787
DLroads
JDiver
msvacation
Marambio
pbjag
penegal
Ysolde + 1
Paul + 1
RafKa
Tuchop
Viajero Millero

Confirmed: 17
will1408
Calchas: Intercontinental 03 Sept to 08 Sept. Everything but the Monday tasting.
centxwx
rbAA AA 953 Sat 9:43am; Park Hyatt; AA954 Tues 9:30pm NOTE: see post 256 for the Sunday dinner options
iolairemcfadden + 1 (Susan); Hotel Impala/Sissi Haz Hotel Boutique; 10 AM Fri - 9 PM Tues, (all except iolaire will miss welcome lunch)
CubsGirl inbound flight tbd; Park Hyatt; in for Friday dinner and all Saturday events. Likely to go to El Establo for Sunday dinner.
FlyingCow + 1 (FlyingToro)
BDA Shorts; flying in early; apartment in Belgrano; all events + hosting SABRE demo
mad4miles + mad Jr. Arrive Friday AM, Park Hyatt, Friday dinner, Other plans of Saturday, up for Sunday dinner at El Establo
MsEverywhere + DONS999; AA909 Fri 8:18am; Plaza Hotel; AA900 Mon 8:00pm; all Fri/Sat/Mon events including SABRE
MSPeconomist Arrive Thursday morning, depart Monday night (DL through ATL), Park Hyatt, Dinner Friday, Wine tasting, lunch, and dinner Saturday, Probably dinner Sunday (depending on plans), Wine tasting Monday.
chrisphx
Gaucho100K
Print Wikipost

Cow Do XI (EZE) - Sep 04 to Sep 07th, 2015

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2015, 1:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm still playing with this because I am trying to squeeze in a visit to Santiago de Chile while I'm down in that part of the world.

The best I can do so far is as follows ... the one intra-South America fare takes up a third of the total price!! You guys in South American certainly pay a lot for your air fares!

No Avios availability either, although I can find a creative route via GRU for only Ł50 +40k Avios.

Give me a few days to mull this over.
Old Mar 18, 2015, 8:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Gaucho100K
Thanks for correcting me on the SkyTeam fiasco..... guess that shows how much of a fflyer I no longer am.....
Some people drink wine on planes and others just drink wine. Personally, I'd rather do both.
Old Mar 18, 2015, 8:50 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Calchas
I'm still playing with this because I am trying to squeeze in a visit to Santiago de Chile while I'm down in that part of the world.

The best I can do so far is as follows ... the one intra-South America fare takes up a third of the total price!! You guys in South American certainly pay a lot for your air fares!

No Avios availability either, although I can find a creative route via GRU for only Ł50 +40k Avios.

Those are great business class fares to/from AMS. Many South American routes seem to have lower fares for local residents. When I explored the possibility of going to the Falls last year and the year before, it looked like all of the fares available to me were of the flexible (and expensive) sort, although AR domestic seems to use all coach aircraft.

ADDED: Would starting and ending in DUB be cheaper for you? I assume you really live in northern England.
Old Mar 19, 2015, 2:03 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Some people drink wine on planes and others just drink wine. Personally, I'd rather do both.
Amen to the above !!! ^
Old Mar 20, 2015, 5:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
I will pester you again next week to see if you've pulled the trigger....
Old Mar 20, 2015, 6:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I will pester you again next week to see if you've pulled the trigger....
I've been making progress: now I have this.

With free stopovers in SCL, EZE, and GIG.

My "airline fare sense" tells me there is not much more to scrape off this fare.

Although I do have to waitlist for the EZE-GIG in D class.
Old Mar 20, 2015, 3:09 pm
Original Poster

Looking better & better.... ^
Old Mar 23, 2015, 7:23 am
Original Poster

You're due for another update.....
Old Mar 23, 2015, 7:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You're due for another update.....
One of the flights I want (JJ8023) currently only has business class available on a waitlist. I can confirm in Y immediately but obviously I don't want to do that if I can get business. My friend at the Iberia ticketing desk in Amsterdam is looking at it for me.
Old Mar 24, 2015, 1:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

One of the flights I want (JJ8023) currently only has business class available on a waitlist. I can confirm in Y immediately but obviously I don't want to do that if I can get business. My friend at the Iberia ticketing desk in Amsterdam is looking at it for me.
The good news is that I have confirmed reservations on most of the flight I want!

The bad news is that this morning JJ deleted all of the EZE-GIG services except on Saturdays. So no tickets yet.

My ticketing friend is going to see if it comes back and see what else he can come up with on those legs---unfortunately I think a direct flight is the only option without switching to a much more expensive fare. If it doesn't appear in a few days I will swap RIO for SAO instead I think.

So no tickets yet but I am 95% sure I will find a way to be there.
Old Mar 25, 2015, 4:03 am
Original Poster

Sounds good, please keep us posted !!!
Old Mar 25, 2015, 4:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This better be a great do
Old Apr 1, 2015, 9:31 am

Programs: DL KM/DM/2MM (NH Plat emeritus, CO Plat emeritus, and no place like home)
Tkt on hold, J seat reserved, to be confirmed sometime next week, hopefully
Old Apr 1, 2015, 8:41 pm

The bad news is that this morning JJ deleted all of the EZE-GIG services except on Saturdays. So no tickets yet.

Are they expecting Argentina to have a permanent transportation strike?

How well do you swim?
Old Apr 3, 2015, 11:43 am

Programs: AA EXP/2MM/AC; UA Silver; AS; DL; Marriott LTT; National Car Elite
You can list me as interested.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.