Reload this Page >

Cow Do XI (EZE) - Sep 04 to Sep 07th, 2015

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 10, 2015, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MSPeconomist
Signed in members with 90 days and 90 posts can edit this wikipost.

List of FTers interested / confirmed - updated as of March 10, 2015:

Interested: 15

Austin787
DLroads
JDiver
msvacation
Marambio
pbjag
penegal
Ysolde + 1
Paul + 1
RafKa
Tuchop
Viajero Millero

Confirmed: 17
will1408
Calchas: Intercontinental 03 Sept to 08 Sept. Everything but the Monday tasting.
centxwx
rbAA AA 953 Sat 9:43am; Park Hyatt; AA954 Tues 9:30pm NOTE: see post 256 for the Sunday dinner options
iolairemcfadden + 1 (Susan); Hotel Impala/Sissi Haz Hotel Boutique; 10 AM Fri - 9 PM Tues, (all except iolaire will miss welcome lunch)
CubsGirl inbound flight tbd; Park Hyatt; in for Friday dinner and all Saturday events. Likely to go to El Establo for Sunday dinner.
FlyingCow + 1 (FlyingToro)
BDA Shorts; flying in early; apartment in Belgrano; all events + hosting SABRE demo
mad4miles + mad Jr. Arrive Friday AM, Park Hyatt, Friday dinner, Other plans of Saturday, up for Sunday dinner at El Establo
MsEverywhere + DONS999; AA909 Fri 8:18am; Plaza Hotel; AA900 Mon 8:00pm; all Fri/Sat/Mon events including SABRE
MSPeconomist Arrive Thursday morning, depart Monday night (DL through ATL), Park Hyatt, Dinner Friday, Wine tasting, lunch, and dinner Saturday, Probably dinner Sunday (depending on plans), Wine tasting Monday.
chrisphx
Gaucho100K
Print Wikipost

Cow Do XI (EZE) - Sep 04 to Sep 07th, 2015

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2015, 6:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Gaucho100K
Excellent !!! I don't think we have yet had an "Ambassador" join us at one of these Do's.... I will keep my fingers crossed that this works out for you... ^
Thanks. I understand Ambassadors get extra wine ... ?

Actually unless my present boss throws me a strange travel trip in the next few months [over my protestation that I need to stay put to finish my job], it is quite likely this will be my first trip to South America. On that basis, I am intend to get involved, if I can.
Old Mar 15, 2015, 5:17 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by Calchas
Thanks. I understand Ambassadors get extra wine ... ?
Extra Wine is never a problem at this Do.....

Looking forward to having you with us !!!
Old Mar 15, 2015, 11:42 am

Programs: DL KM/DM/2MM (NH Plat emeritus, CO Plat emeritus, and no place like home)
Early arrival is an issue, but otoh, the price differences is north of 2K for other metals in J so I seriously considering...
Old Mar 15, 2015, 1:43 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, AA Concierge Key, Delta, United, Emorates, and others
I hope to make this event, although the dates do coincide with a fairly momentous event in my life. In any event I wish all the Aerolineas Argentinas bargain hunters. I shall arrive as i normally do, via EK, who offer quite nice fares GIG-EZE and an experience rather better than anyone else operating the route.

This time I want to afford myself of a couple extra cases of fine Gaucho tipples to bring home. The bargain prices are well appreciated.
Old Mar 15, 2015, 6:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by DLroads
Early arrival is an issue, but otoh, the price differences is north of 2K for other metals in J so I seriously considering...
2K is a lot of lettuce...... if you slum it in AR J and still get a proper SkyPesos class bonus then maybe its not that bad....
Old Mar 16, 2015, 9:26 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jbcarioca
This time I want to afford myself of a couple extra cases of fine Gaucho tipples to bring home.
That surely can be arranged.... ^

Glad you are planning on joining us.... let us know once you ticket that EK reservation and rest assured we will have plenty of non-Cow options on the Menu of all the venues we will have for this gathering... the idea is to not leave anybody behind...
Old Mar 16, 2015, 10:36 am

Programs: Any program with a credit card, or good prices.
Susan and I are confirmed with flights booked. Arriving Friday just after 10 am, returning on Tuesday PM.

Likely will find a business type hotel in the $50/night range on Booking.com. Our previous trip we booked Hotel Impala via booking.com. At the time had an upgrade to dinner for about $3 night which was great for the price... good enough that we had it a few nights before our second dinner.
Old Mar 16, 2015, 6:49 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by iolairemcfadden
Susan and I are confirmed with flights booked. Arriving Friday just after 10 am, returning on Tuesday PM.

Likely will find a business type hotel in the $50/night range on Booking.com. Our previous trip we booked Hotel Impala via booking.com. At the time had an upgrade to dinner for about $3 night which was great for the price... good enough that we had it a few nights before our second dinner.
Excellent... welcome aboard !!!! ^
Old Mar 17, 2015, 8:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Other than AR, has anyone seem good business class fares for DL/SkyTeam this year? Last year, I saved money by routing through LAX. However, I've checked DL flights originating at AA hubs and nothing interesting appears.
Old Mar 18, 2015, 9:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Not on SkyTeam but I found a reasonable J price from Europe on BA AMS-LHR-GRU-AEP return for 1600 GBP. Final sector is operated by JJ.
Old Mar 18, 2015, 9:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Calchas
Not on SkyTeam but I found a reasonable J price from Europe on BA AMS-LHR-GRU-AEP return for 1600 GBP. Final sector is operated by JJ.
reservation on hold...? booked...???
Old Mar 18, 2015, 9:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Other than AR, has anyone seem good business class fares for DL/SkyTeam this year? Last year, I saved money by routing through LAX. However, I've checked DL flights originating at AA hubs and nothing interesting appears.
Since AR is now a "full" member of SkyTeam, doesn't this mean that you as a Delta Flyer can still get all the class of service bonuses into your DL account...? I know you would have to "slum" it in AR, but from a mileage perspective, the status mileage and all would be a wash, or am I missing something...?
Old Mar 18, 2015, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Since AR is now a "full" member of SkyTeam, doesn't this mean that you as a Delta Flyer can still get all the class of service bonuses into your DL account...? I know you would have to "slum" it in AR, but from a mileage perspective, the status mileage and all would be a wash, or am I missing something...?
SkyTeam doesn't always work so neatly! AR is a "Group 3" partner for DL (http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_.../airlines.html) which basically translates as something like, "We kind of talk when we see each other but it gets awkward pretty fast"

reservation on hold...? booked...???
I'm looking into something like GRU-BUE-SCL-RIO, let me see how well I can price this impromptu South American adventure. I will have to re-arrange some other trips I have planned for the autumn.

On the plus side a new credit card arrived for me in the post this morning so maybe that's a sign
Old Mar 18, 2015, 11:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
AR is only a small step above KE and AS which are partners (SkyTeam and bilateral, respectively) that no longer earn any status miles at all with DL. The current rules on operated/marketed (codesahres) versus ticket stock are complicated, so I'd prefer to stick with DL and DL's main partners for now if I can.

The DL international wide body aircraft are all 100% direct aisle access genuine flat beds (even though it's a 767 for much of the year), so that's much better than AR.

Also, JFK is experiencing some bad delays due to runway construction, so I'm planning to try to avoid connections there until it's over.
Old Mar 18, 2015, 12:40 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for correcting me on the SkyTeam fiasco..... guess that shows how much of a fflyer I no longer am.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.