Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2017, 2:23 am

October is in the diary!
Old Aug 8, 2017, 4:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: LX HON, Radisson Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by SwissBritMiss
October is in the diary!
Very cool! I added you to the list and will let danix also know!
Old Sep 3, 2017, 4:16 am
Original Poster

Quick reminder... Stammtisch in ZRH happening this Friday. We're starting as usual at the Mainstation with a beer and then head to a Thai restaurant!
Old Sep 3, 2017, 11:34 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by flospi
Quick reminder... Stammtisch in ZRH happening this Friday. We're starting as usual at the Mainstation with a beer and then head to a Thai restaurant!
Pretty sure the timing won't work, but by coincidence I'm due in to ZRH at 8:55p from London on Friday. Worth trying to catch up with the group (very) late in the evening??
Old Sep 3, 2017, 1:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sbm12
Pretty sure the timing won't work, but by coincidence I'm due in to ZRH at 8:55p from London on Friday. Worth trying to catch up with the group (very) late in the evening??
This would be very tight indeed... normally the Stammtisch will end around 10pm to 10:30pm as some people still have a long ride home. I guess you have plans for Saturday already? Some of us will do a late morning/early afternoon tour of Zurich City.

Last edited by flospi; Sep 3, 2017 at 1:27 pm Reason: Added Saturday question.
Old Sep 3, 2017, 7:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

This would be very tight indeed... normally the Stammtisch will end around 10pm to 10:30pm as some people still have a long ride home. I guess you have plans for Saturday already? Some of us will do a late morning/early afternoon tour of Zurich City.
Alas, I'm on a 10-something flight out on Saturday morning. Plan was to just stay out at the airport anyways, basically a short overnight to take advantage of the cheap(ish) BA WTP fares ex-CH these days. If I find my way on to an earlier flight into ZRH I'll reach out, but otherwise I'll call it a miss.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 1:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sbm12
Alas, I'm on a 10-something flight out on Saturday morning. Plan was to just stay out at the airport anyways, basically a short overnight to take advantage of the cheap(ish) BA WTP fares ex-CH these days. If I find my way on to an earlier flight into ZRH I'll reach out, but otherwise I'll call it a miss.
Well, enjoy your stay and have a safe trip... and hope to catch you at another Stammtisch somewhere else in the world!
Old Oct 9, 2017, 4:59 am
Original Poster

Okay, I did an update on the first post with the dates for the first half of 2018! Hope to see some more of you Flyertalker then. But first for a nice italian dinner in October. We've been to the place before and I think everyone liked it. It's 5-10 minutes by foot from Zurich Mainstation!
SwissBritMiss, that was the day you just wanted to join for a drink quickly and then stayed :-)
Old Jan 7, 2018, 3:47 am
Original Poster

Happy New Year everyone! I just updated the first post with some details! For those who are interested, I am going to the Museum of Transport on February 17th, the day after the Stammtisch in February, and if someone of you is interested in joining, please do those. So that everyone can sleep in and have a relaxed breakfast, we would be meeting at midday in front of the main entrance. If you haven't been there yet, it's quite an interesting museum. If you have been there before... don't forget that some exhibitions change!
Old Jan 7, 2018, 5:28 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold
That sounds like fun! Put me down as a maybe for February for now. I’ve got some Marriott points I can use up. Although I’ll be back in Switzerland, Jan 26 is the first weekend after classes have started, so I’ll count myself out of that one.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Will you make it to the dinner on 16th February, dinoscool3? If so, I look forward to seeing you there.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 4:28 pm

Originally Posted by Concerto
Will you make it to the dinner on 16th February, dinoscool3? If so, I look forward to seeing you there.

Very likely, I’ll know for sure in a week or two. Look forward to seeing you!
flospi likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 12:18 pm
Original Poster

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by dinoscool3
That sounds like fun! Put me down as a maybe for February for now. I’ve got some Marriott points I can use up. Although I’ll be back in Switzerland, Jan 26 is the first weekend after classes have started, so I’ll count myself out of that one.
Cool, I hope it works out and you can come... I guess you have no status with Radisson/Club Carlson at all? Just saying because the steak is not the cheapest and with a CC card you get a rebate depending on status level :-) But you have to stay in the hotel of course!
Old Jan 14, 2018, 12:35 pm

Cool, I hope it works out and you can come... I guess you have no status with Radisson/Club Carlson at all? Just saying because the steak is not the cheapest and with a CC card you get a rebate depending on status level :-) But you have to stay in the hotel of course!

No, no status with CC, just basic membership. So it wouldn’t be worth to stay at the Raddison and not get the breakfast in the morning.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 8:55 am

Hotel booked! You can move to confirmed!
FlyerEC and flospi like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.