Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2015, 3:23 pm

Programs: Free Agent
I was thinking of trying Pitt Cue in London in a few weeks:

http://www.pittcue.co.uk/
Old Apr 1, 2015, 6:03 pm
akp

Programs: Hilton Diamond
I'd hate to talk anyone out of going to Jack Stack, but I've got 4 tickets to the Royals v Tigers that night. Game time is 7:10pm.

PM me if interested.

We are in section 316 (loge), row A. The photo below is from the next section over but gives an idea of the view. I love these seats because they're in the front row of the section so you can easily see over tall people seated in front of you, and lots of room to stretch your legs.

http://aviewfrommyseat.com/photo/260.../row-C/seat-2/

Anita
Old Apr 2, 2015, 12:42 pm

Programs: A few airlines, hotel programs and car rentals
Count me in as a maybe! I have a long due visit, to see a cousin. If it falls during that weekend, I'd love to attend!!
Old Apr 2, 2015, 11:14 pm

Programs: ALL :)
Originally Posted by HPN-HRL
I will probably be the last arrival on Friday, given that I am scheduled to land at MCI at 7:45; as was done the last time I attended I will ask that someone save me a seat at the table.
Count me in plus one. We are also arriving at 740pm maybe we can catch a ride together. SilverSpringer talked me into going
Old Apr 3, 2015, 1:12 pm

Programs: BAEC G, WN A-, Hyatt G, HH G, MAR T, Hz PC, was [UA2P, FL A+Elite, BD G]
Originally Posted by steventravel
Count me in plus one. We are also arriving at 740pm maybe we can catch a ride together. SilverSpringer talked me into going
SilverSpringer is good people!

I received and replied to your PM...
Old Apr 3, 2015, 1:52 pm

Can you recommend any hotels that are convenient to the location of the DO activities?

Bob
Old Apr 3, 2015, 4:00 pm

Programs: BAEC G, WN A-, Hyatt G, HH G, MAR T, Hz PC, was [UA2P, FL A+Elite, BD G]
Originally Posted by BobBell
Can you recommend any hotels that are convenient to the location of the DO activities?

Bob
Hi Bob,

The MCI BBQ DO is all over the KC area. You will need some form of transport (rental car; ride with someone who has a car; ...). The Westin Crown is probably the "most convenient SPG property"*; it's looks to be within walking distance of Friday night's meal at Jack Stack, but ~10 minutes drive to "Joe's KC" (formerly Oklahoma Joe's) and ~15 minutes drive to LC's.

I have stayed at the Westin; it's fine but the price is a bit more than I want to pay and their parking charges annoy me. I'm staying out by the airport; cheaper and free parking but a bit more driving.

* - I saw your question about SPG properties at the TOL DO...
Old Apr 3, 2015, 4:10 pm

Originally Posted by BobBell

Bob
I'm a Hyatt person so I'm staying at the Hyatt place Overland Park/Convention Center on Friday and the airport Hyatt Place on Saturday. If another Hyatt person needs a ride, please PM.
Old Apr 3, 2015, 5:27 pm

> saw your question about SPG properties at the TOL DO...<

I'm local. I have no questions. Just answers.

Bob
Old Apr 3, 2015, 8:46 pm

Programs: A few airlines, hotel programs and car rentals
Originally Posted by HPN-HRL
* - I saw your question about SPG properties at the TOL DO...
Haha...that was probably me! Planning to attend both the TOL DO and the MCI DO, if everything goes according to plan!! Missed the FUK DO though...
Old Apr 13, 2015, 1:18 pm

Programs: Priority Groups Platinum, Club carlson gold, Hilton Silver, AA, Delta, SPG member
Hi,

I will be in Kansas city for work from Phoenix till sat noon so please consider me in for Friday night / sat before noon. If anything changes i will let you know in advance.
Old Apr 13, 2015, 3:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
I'm a probable for some of the Saturday festivities. Going to Billy Joel on Friday night...

Certainly don't *need* to add any new destinations, but I've become a big fan of Q39, a newer place over by KU Medical Center. More of a quasi-gourmet barbecue experience as opposed to a powerfeed like LC's or Bryant's. Might be one you mix in at snacktime: the chicken wings are amazing, even though wings aren't a traditional KC 'cue staple.

It's First Friday, which means everything in the Crossroads is open late - art galleries, outdoor entertainment, food trucks, bars, restaurants, etc. The hotel locations would be Crown Center first, downtown 2nd, and Plaza 3rd. Crown Center area is a couple Starwoods plus a Residence Inn/Fairfield combo. If you want FS Marriott or HHonors, you have to go downtown or Plaza.

Overland Park and the airport are both a long way away from all of this. (20-30 minutes' drive each.)
Old Apr 13, 2015, 6:49 pm
In memoriam

Programs: UA, US, AS, Marriott, Radisson, Hilton
Please move me to "definite." Thanks.
Old Apr 13, 2015, 7:58 pm

Originally Posted by pinniped

Certainly don't *need* to add any new destinations, but I've become a big fan of Q39, a newer place over by KU Medical Center.

Overland Park and the airport are both a long way away from all of this. (20-30 minutes' drive each.)
Thanks for the Q39 suggestion. I might try late afternoon on Friday.

The Hyatts at Overland Park and MCI are a distance but I need the stays for diamond.
Old Apr 15, 2015, 7:06 am
In memoriam

Programs: UA, US, AS, Marriott, Radisson, Hilton
I was thinking that Q39 (run by Munchin Hogs, who also cook for
the airport Hilton) was a good bet for Sunday. I'm thinking of making
a res for opening time (11) - they accept parties of up to 8.

Anyone in?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.