Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

RDU (Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill NC) Meetup!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2015, 11:36 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NewbieRunner
Next meetup:
Thursday, December 17 @7:00pm
122E Chatham Street
Cary, NC 27511

Register at: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/talk-po...ts-19977484193
or contact jonnybravo22.

Previous meetups:

Saturday, July 25, 2015 at 7PM

Carolina Ale House in Briar Creek
7981 Skyland Ridge Pkwy, Raleigh, NC 27617

April 11, 1 pm at The Pit.

RDU-DO: 27th JUNE, 2015. Please see below for details:

Hello hello! Come one, come all!!

At the outset I would like to thank LowLevelElite and SumGai88 for helping to coordinate the DO. I am really excited and looking forward to attending the DO, and I hope to see a lot of FT'ers at the DO.

List of events:

3 pm - 4 pm: Spotting and chilling at RDU observation deck near GA terminal. Mosquito repellant and water bottles recommended.

4 pm-6 pm: Recreational activities on Lake Crabtree. Sunscreen and repellant recommended. There are open fields (frisbee, soccer, etc), picnic tables, vollyball courts (I think one of us would need to bring our own balls though), fishing (they only allow catch and release), a deck walk along the side, and of course boating - Sailboats, canoes, kayaks, rowboats, pedal boats, and paddleboards.

See
http://www.wakegov.com/parks/lakecra...s/default.aspx
http://www.wakegov.com/parks/lakecra...ecreation.aspx
http://www.visitraleigh.com/includes...Rentals/27718/
http://www.visitraleigh.com/listings...40/?maxshow=10

7 pm -8:30 pm Dinner at Brixx Wood Fired Pizza in Brier Creek
http://www.yelp.com/biz/brixx-wood-f...izza-raleigh-4

Also, if you have some recommendations, we would love to hear about it. So please feel free to post on the thread, or PM me.

Here are the directions to the observation park (courtesy of LowLevelElite):
http://www.rdu.com/observation-park/

Confirmed:

LowLevelElite,
SumGai88,
AvidFlyer1990

Interested:

jwilliams84

Can't Make it:

ediemac1

Also, please refrain from making changes to the wiki directly. If you want to make any changes, please contact LowLevelElite, SumGai88, or myself (AvidFlyer1990), and we can incorporate the necessary changes. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us (P.S.: LowLevelElite and SumGai88 are from the area, so are more familiar).

Thank you! And hope to see all of you at the DO
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2015, 9:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Platinum 100, National Executive Elite

Sure! We can also do another day that might work better for everyone! Feel free to throw out any ideas!
Old Jan 19, 2015, 8:49 pm

Programs: UR, MR, United, SPG
Sorry for the late reply, guessing the dinner didn't happen tonight. 2/27 listed on the wiki sounds good. But again, if we're doing dinner, I'd vote for something 6PM or later.
Old Mar 21, 2015, 11:49 am

Anyone sill interested in meeting up?
Old Mar 21, 2015, 12:17 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I am!
Old Mar 24, 2015, 7:50 pm

Any preference for weekday or weekend?
Old Mar 24, 2015, 8:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Right now weekday lunches are best (I work a lot of hours). But I'll have a lot of free time in May for weekday or weekend dinners.
Old Mar 26, 2015, 4:45 am

AS considering RDU

Hey y'all, happy friday,
New and from the area here and just saw this. So confused about whether any plans formulated or not but want to be in the loop.

Unrelated BUT on a recent trip with AS and speaking with some insiders...RDU is def on their radar as a 2015 city... fingers crossed.

Sincerely,
LLE
Old Mar 30, 2015, 7:21 pm

Programs: A few
Just came across this ... I would definitely be in.

Why don't we try putting a date on the table... how about dinner on Sat 4/11?

And wow AS would be a great addition!
Old Mar 30, 2015, 9:43 pm

Originally Posted by ma91pmh
Just came across this ... I would definitely be in.

Why don't we try putting a date on the table... how about dinner on Sat 4/11
That's the weekend of the FT Horse and Bourbon DO so I'll be in Kentucky
Old Mar 31, 2015, 12:19 am

Fill this out

Originally Posted by ma91pmh
Why don't we try putting a date on the table... how about dinner on Sat 4/11?
Let's formalize this process: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/8RGNJR6

There are probably more options than interested parties but at least it will be centralized
Old Apr 3, 2015, 8:53 am

finalize

Alrighty, based on the 4 answers so far it's looking like either 4/11 lunch or 4/17 dinner works best so far (100%). This weekend was too short notice anyways besides easter and NCAA. If the rest of us could kindly indicate preferences by sunday we can finalize it. For venue I see The Pit in Durham as top. If you have another suggestion, suggest it!
Old Apr 3, 2015, 10:56 am

Originally Posted by LowLevelElite
Alrighty, based on the 4 answers so far it's looking like either 4/11 lunch or 4/17 dinner works best so far (100%). This weekend was too short notice anyways besides easter and NCAA. If the rest of us could kindly indicate preferences by sunday we can finalize it. For venue I see The Pit in Durham as top. If you have another suggestion, suggest it!
I could probably find a way to make 4/17 night work
Old Apr 4, 2015, 11:09 pm

Thanks for putting together the survey and getting things going on this! Originally I put 4/11 and 4/17, but now 4/11 might be a bit more preferable
Old Apr 5, 2015, 8:10 am

Originally Posted by SumGai88
Thanks for putting together the survey and getting things going on this! Originally I put 4/11 and 4/17, but now 4/11 might be a bit more preferable
Most welcome.

Alrighty, the survey dragon/monkey has spoken and according to it 4/11 lunch works for all 5 of us. Is there anyone who still hasn't taken it and/or for whom The Pit in Durham is not desirable? (Any strong vegetarian objections thereof?)

Otherwise I'll make a reservation for 5 (anyone bringing family?) at 1 pm on next Saturday. Sounds good?

Is there an official placard floating around? Otherwise I'll make one.

Happy Easter everyone.
Old Apr 5, 2015, 9:24 am

Most welcome.

Alrighty, the survey dragon/monkey has spoken and according to it 4/11 lunch works for all 5 of us. Is there anyone who still hasn't taken it and/or for whom The Pit in Durham is not desirable? (Any strong vegetarian objections thereof?)

Otherwise I'll make a reservation for 5 (anyone bringing family?) at 1 pm on next Saturday. Sounds good?

Is there an official placard floating around? Otherwise I'll make one.

Happy Easter everyone.
While I didn't vote for it I will be able to make lunch 4/11 ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.