Reload this Page >

LEX Horse & Bourbon DO VI, April 9-12, 2015

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LEX Horse & Bourbon DO VI, April 9-12, 2015

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2015, 1:25 pm

Programs: BAEC G, WN A-, Hyatt G, HH G, MAR T, Hz PC, was [UA2P, FL A+Elite, BD G]
Originally Posted by toomanybooks
My brother makersmark has set up a tour for Sunday morning after Stella's at Barrelhouse Distillery (http://barrelhousedistillery.com).

10:30 am. About 5-6 minute drive from Stella's, sort of on the way to Keeneland. Should take 30-45 minutes, with a tasting and an opportunity to buy if you like. It's a tiny place, with a single still that looks like something out of an alchemist's laboratory. Very cool. A brand-new brewery/brewpub is next door.

They make Oak Rum, Vodka, Moonshine, and Bourbon.

This is a place we went last year, so of course if you don't want to repeat, no problem. They are opening early just for us.

If you think you might want to go, please post so we can get some kind of idea of attendance, though it's not strictly necessary.
Please add me to the "definitely want to attend Barrelhouse"; possibly with a +1.

My planned schedule: fly into CMH Friday evening, get up very early on Saturday and get breakfast at the Track Kitchen, finishing no later than 8:15. Meet up with the "Mile Ho posse" for Glenridge Mare farm and Calumet Stallion farm. For Saturday afternoon, I will probably join makersmark for the Four Roses & Wild Turkey tours, followed by the traditional cocktail party at Win & Don's parents' place. On Sunday: Stella's followed by Barrelhouse followed by Keeneland (followed by an early dinner?); then drive back to CMH for the flight home early on Monday.

As of now I have flights & hotels booked for myself and a former colleague; he won't know if he can attend until a few days prior (gotta love booking with Avios!). Assuming he makes it, he will want to go to Keeneland after the horse farm tours on Saturday - we will figure that part out on the fly Saturday afternoon.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
With great regret please withdraw me from the list of attendees. Traveling to England to be with my wife right now - on DL64 tonight. Her brother died and his funeral is on Wednesday and then I will be spending time with my wife first of all in the UK and then in the USA. So will not make the DO. I was really looking forward so hopefully next year please.

Last edited by GRALISTAIR; Mar 27, 2015 at 3:14 pm
Old Mar 27, 2015, 3:04 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
With great regret please withdraw me from the list of attendees. Traveling to England to be with my wife right now - on DL64 tonight. Her brother died and his funeral is on Wednesday and then I will be spending time with my wife firts of all in the UK and then in the USA. So will not make the DO. I was really looking forward so hopefully next year please.
I'm very sorry to hear that, please accept my condolences. I was looking very forward to meeting you as well. Let us know if there's anything we can do.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 3:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
With great regret please withdraw me from the list of attendees. Traveling to England to be with my wife right now - on DL64 tonight. Her brother died and his funeral is on Wednesday and then I will be spending time with my wife first of all in the UK and then in the USA. So will not make the DO. I was really looking forward so hopefully next year please.
Sorry to hear, maybe next time.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 12:13 pm

Programs: BAEC G, WN A-, Hyatt G, HH G, MAR T, Hz PC, was [UA2P, FL A+Elite, BD G]
My condolences as well to you and your wife. I hope we get a chance to catch up in the fall, either in Dayton or at the fall H&B DO.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 1:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Best Bourbons 2015:

http://fredminnick.com/best-bourbon-...-spirits-2015/
Old Mar 28, 2015, 9:31 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Aeroplan 25K, UA Silver
This is my husband's regular bourbon drink.
Old Apr 1, 2015, 10:30 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Originally Posted by FindAWay
Sounds like a lot of fun and I hope to make it! I'm a maybe at this point.
Sadly, I won't be able to make it. Happily, it is because I'm going to the Final Four this weekend, which means I have to push finishing my taxes to the weekend of this DO (I know I can get an extension, but, I'm actually expecting a refund; so, I'd like to limit the term of my interest-free loan to Uncle Sam).

I hope everyone has a great time!! ^

Hopefully, I can make it next year (or in the fall...but, this fall is almost certainly out for other reasons).
Old Apr 1, 2015, 5:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ExPlat,EX-UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat,
With regret we are not able to join you guys this time, please blame it to AA DCA-PEK fare
Old Apr 1, 2015, 5:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FindAWay
Sadly, I won't be able to make it.

Hopefully, I can make it next year (or in the fall...but, this fall is almost certainly out for other reasons).
Root for UK!

Originally Posted by karung99
With regret we are not able to join you guys this time, please blame it to AA DCA-PEK fare
Thanks for letting us know. Maybe next time!
Old Apr 1, 2015, 8:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Root for UK!
Not. A. Chance.
Old Apr 2, 2015, 3:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I have sent out a PM to all attendees with info on the location of the Saturday reception. Also cell numbers for myself, mile ho (horse-related), and makersmark (bourbon-related). Let me know questions or if you do not receive the PM.
Old Apr 2, 2015, 6:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Our gracious Saturday host has said that cigar smoking is approved! I plan to pick up one for myself, would anyone else like a fine smokable?

Last edited by CMK10; Apr 3, 2015 at 8:51 am Reason: Mistake
Old Apr 3, 2015, 7:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CMK10
Our gracious Sunday host has said that cigar smoking is approved!
Saturday!
Old Apr 3, 2015, 8:50 am

Saturday!
I meant Sunday in Eastern Europe because...

Yeah okay I'm wrong I'll fix it

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.