Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

DO it Wright - Dayton, OH - Dates TBD

DO it Wright - Dayton, OH - Dates TBD

Old Mar 8, 2015, 5:39 pm

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Sept 19th is the USAF Marathon so we'd want to avoid that weekend as the Museum and surrounding area are crowded with that activity.
Old Mar 9, 2015, 7:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
yes, good catch there ... hotel accommodations would likely be rather harder to come by as well
Old Mar 10, 2015, 1:34 pm

Just saw this on the local news. The Presidential and R&D gallery (currently housed inside the base in an old hangar) will be closed starting Oct 01, 2015 until sometime in early 2016. This is to allow for the move of those aircraft to the newly-constructed addition to the main museum which will house those aircraft - and eliminate the need for the special visitors passes/busing to see them.

Depending on how much our potential attendees want to see those particular aircraft, may want to plan around that. However there is still lots to see in the museum even aside from those planes. Thought I'd pass along though just in case.

http://www.whio.com/news/news/local-...earch-g/nkR9s/
Old May 11, 2015, 9:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
A bump - are we any closer to a DO?
Old May 13, 2015, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
just a thought ... could we perhaps plan something for Fri 28 Aug and the morning of Sat 29 Aug, and then mosey up to Toledo (approx 2-2.5 hr drive, or so the experts say) for baseball?
Old May 13, 2015, 11:21 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by jrl767
just a thought ... could we perhaps plan something for Fri 28 Aug and the morning of Sat 29 Aug, and then mosey up to Toledo (approx 2-2.5 hr drive, or so the experts say) for baseball?
That's a really good idea, I'd be interested ^
Old May 13, 2015, 11:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

given that I owe a visit to about a dozen of my former AF colleagues at WPAFB, I would most likely try to fly into DAY/CMH on Thurs afternoon (27th) and depart on Sun
Old May 13, 2015, 3:00 pm

Programs: BAEC G, WN A-, Hyatt G, HH G, MAR T, Hz PC, was [UA2P, FL A+Elite, BD G]
When I first saw this I panicked, as I have already made reservation using Avios to fly onto Ohio on Saturday the 29th - but then I remembered that my reservations were made with Avios, so it would only cost me $5.60 to cancel! I am going to try to book into CMH using Avios Thursday night or Friday morning - if "DO it Wright" merges with the Mud Hen DO I will be all set.

Consider this to be another vote for the weekend of Aug 28!
Old May 14, 2015, 7:02 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Gold, Hilton Diamond
Everyone is welcome in Toledo on Aug 29th!!

I would ask if folks haven't already, please post to the Toledo thread so that I can keep track of who is interested in tickets. thanks.
Old Jul 19, 2015, 6:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Are you all going with the Aug 28-29 dates? I'm going to VA to visit my parents that weekend, but I'd potentially be up for getting lunch Friday although I have class from 10-11 and 12-1 or dinner/drinks Thurs night if anyone is coming in early. The Dayton Dragons are in town that weekend too, so if you want to do lots of baseball during the weekend I'd love to go to the game on the 27th with anyone coming in early.
Old Jul 20, 2015, 7:24 am

Programs: United Mileage Plus; American Advantage; Marriott Rewards; Hilton Honors
We'll be hiking in Theodore Roosevelt Nat'l Park that weekend so unfortunately I won't be able to join you in Toledo. Have a great time everyone.
Old Jan 11, 2016, 6:55 pm

At the Holy Toledo DO back in August, there was some discussion of trying this one again in summer 2016.

I thought I'd note that the Air Force Museum is in the process of moving the Presidential Aircraft and Research & Development aircraft into a brand new building connected to the main museum complex. Previously those aircraft were in an old "annex" inside WPAFB, and the aircraft aren't available for viewing during the move. The new addition is slated to open in June 2016 (exact date not yet announced).

So it might be good, for those interested, to plan for a post-June date - though of course there is plenty to see at the museum even without viewing the Presidential/R&D collection.

Someone at the Toledo event suggested that a Dayton Dragons baseball game could also be a part of the DO. Here is a link to the 2016 schedule:

http://www.milb.com/schedule/index.j...459&m=7&y=2016
Old Jan 12, 2016, 11:48 am

Programs: BAEC G, WN A-, Hyatt G, HH G, MAR T, Hz PC, was [UA2P, FL A+Elite, BD G]
I stopped by DAY on the way to the Toledo Do last year; DAY is definitely DO-worthy!

I may end up going on my own to DAY, either at the end of July or after Labor Day, if the official DO dates don't fit into my schedule this summer. Last time I spent ~3 hours at Wright-Pat and covered only ~25% of all that was on display!
Old Jan 12, 2016, 4:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by 84fiero
At the Holy Toledo DO back in August, there was some discussion of trying this one again in summer 2016.

I thought I'd note that the Air Force Museum is in the process of moving the Presidential Aircraft and Research & Development aircraft into a brand new building connected to the main museum complex. Previously those aircraft were in an old "annex" inside WPAFB, and the aircraft aren't available for viewing during the move. The new addition is slated to open in June 2016 (exact date not yet announced).

So it might be good, for those interested, to plan for a post-June date - though of course there is plenty to see at the museum even without viewing the Presidential/R&D collection.

Someone at the Toledo event suggested that a Dayton Dragons baseball game could also be a part of the DO. Here is a link to the 2016 schedule:

http://www.milb.com/schedule/index.j...459&m=7&y=2016
I love the idea of adding a Dayton Dragons baseball game.
Old Jan 12, 2016, 4:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

this will definitely be on my calendar as long as it doesn't conflict with our mid-Jul EDI/AMS trip ... however, I am also hopeful that mattp1987 and GRALISTAIR will organize some sort of beer- and/or bourbon-based meetup (preferably on a weekend) between now and the time Matt departs the fix at WPAFB in late Mar

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.