DO it Wright - Dayton, OH - Dates TBD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DO it Wright - Dayton, OH - Dates TBD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2016, 6:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by mattp1987
At this point it's probably only really applicable to locals, but Zorak, goodeats21, and I are meeting Saturday evening the 19th for drinks and dinner. I know Zorak is planning to do some of the aviation sites during the day Saturday and/or Sunday; I may join him for some. Let us know if you're interested.
Any thoughts about where to meet up tomorrow evening?
Old Mar 18, 2016, 6:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Originally Posted by goodeats21
Any thoughts about where to meet up tomorrow evening?
I've been thinking about that and haven't really come up with anything since the once I sent in the PM. I do want to go somewhere with TVs to watch basketball. Dayton Beer Company might be a good option. Their own brews including 3 new ones introduced yesterday, other local beers, lots of seating and TVs, food truck or bring your own.
Old Mar 18, 2016, 6:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
I've been thinking about that and haven't really come up with anything since the once I sent in the PM. I do want to go somewhere with TVs to watch basketball. Dayton Beer Company might be a good option. Their own brews including 3 new ones introduced yesterday, other local beers, lots of seating and TVs, food truck or bring your own.
Sounds good to me. Haven't been there yet, so nice to check out a new place. I will plan on being there at 6PM.
Is this the one at 41 Madison Street in downtown?
Old Mar 18, 2016, 6:50 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Dayton Beer Company might be a good option.
I will plan on being there at 6PM.
Is this the one at 41 Madison Street in downtown?
Likewise -- and I too am assuming the one downtown (there are two Google hits )
Old Mar 18, 2016, 7:02 pm
Original Poster

Yes, that's the one at the intersection of 2nd and Madison. They have a (small-ish) parking lot that you can access from Madison. There's also free parking on Madison and on both 2nd and 3rd Streets.

Also, if we don't want to eat whatever the food truck is offering there's a good Thai diner called White Lotus that does takeout around the corner on Third Street. There's also a new Colombian restaurant nearby (Arepas & Co).

Safe travels, Zorak.
Old Mar 19, 2016, 4:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sounds perfect, Matt.

Safe travels, zorak.

See you tonight.
Old Mar 19, 2016, 7:30 am

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Misconnected the flight before mine out of SFO went MX at the gate or something. That led to a 90-minute delay while they decided what to do with it and eventually moved us to another gate. Made up ~30 minutes in the air which was *almost* enough time for me to run from A3 to B26. Almost:

Name:  20160319_081554.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  234.9 KB

But they protected me on DL1161.
Old Mar 19, 2016, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Zorak
Misconnected the flight before mine out of SFO went MX at the gate or something. That led to a 90-minute delay while they decided what to do with it and eventually moved us to another gate. Made up ~30 minutes in the air which was *almost* enough time for me to run from A3 to B26. Almost:

Attachment 3520

But they protected me on DL1161.
Damn, I hate that. So frustrating, especially on a short visit.

Looks like you are due in around 1:30 now...
Old Mar 19, 2016, 12:10 pm

At the Wright-Dunbar interpretive center now downtown, see you guys at 6!
Old Mar 19, 2016, 2:02 pm
Original Poster

When you walk in you go up about 6 steps. If you make a 180, you're in an area between the register and a display area for merchandise. Let's meet there for simplicity. I'll be in orange and blue of some variety.
Old Mar 19, 2016, 7:29 pm

Great meeting up with you guys tonight! Good beer and perhaps surprisingly good food truck pizza, although maybe the good beer had something to do with that assessment
Old Mar 19, 2016, 8:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
#jealous
Old Mar 20, 2016, 2:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Great meeting you Zorak. Enjoy your flight-related excursions today and safe travels back home.

And great seeing Matt again. Looking forward to a SAT Do sometime soon.
Old Mar 22, 2016, 2:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by Zorak
Misconnected the flight before mine out of SFO went MX at the gate or something. But they protected me on DL1161.
^^ Taken the flight many times - glad you made it.

Great meeting you Zorak. Enjoy your flight-related excursions today and safe travels back home.

And great seeing Matt again. Looking forward to a SAT Do sometime soon.
^ +1

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.