Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

OzFest #12" – "Bay Of Islands" New Zealand - Memorial Day Weekend, May 22-25, 2015

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 17, 2015, 9:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: crankychick
Oz Fest 12
Bay of Islands, New Zealand
May 22 - May 24, 2015

Registration and Payment:
Logistical and Attendee Information:
Consolidated List of Links Referenced:

Thursday, May 21, 2015:
Friday, May 22, 2015:
Saturday, May 23, 2015:
Sunday, May 24, 2015:
Additional Information:
Print Wikipost

OzFest #12" – "Bay Of Islands" New Zealand - Memorial Day Weekend, May 22-25, 2015

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2015, 8:56 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by Oz Fest
The Oz Fest 13 thread has not yet been started.
Keep watching this thread: will be a post when Oz Fest 13 thread is started.
Cheers!
Old Jun 30, 2015, 9:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
Have I missed it or is the thread for next year up already? TIA
Originally Posted by Oz Fest
The Oz Fest 13 thread has not yet been started.
Keep watching this thread: will be a post when Oz Fest 13 thread is started.
Although all the clues one needs about where to be and when are in the last few posts
Old Jun 30, 2015, 11:37 pm

Programs: QF WP, LTG, QP on hold
Mr Falconea's diary is to be found here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Byg...ew?usp=sharing

The file is a little large.

Audrey
Old Jul 1, 2015, 7:31 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by CDKing
Although all the clues one needs about where to be and when are in the last few posts
Yeah, I already have a hotel booked
Old Jul 1, 2015, 9:01 pm

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
Yeah, I already have a hotel booked
Doesn't everybody? We're booked into the Hilton Surfers Paradise and as of today we've booked our award flights on *A, including a stopover in BKK outbound and a return to HNL, from whence we'll find our way home.

The Powers that Be can put us on the Platinum list for 2016, not that we want to tempt fate.
Old Jul 1, 2015, 9:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Fredd
Doesn't everybody? We're booked into the Hilton Surfers Paradise and as of today we've booked our award flights on *A, including a stopover in BKK outbound and a return to HNL, from whence we'll find our way home.

The Powers that Be can put us on the Platinum list for 2016, not that we want to tempt fate.
I haven't even thought about Hotel. I'm booked to SYD (Arriving Thursday the 26th) but waiting in booking to OOL. Although $100 USD for the current QF Red deal looks good but its too early to request time off work and who know if i will still be working there in a year. I may just have to grab it soon just for the price. Not sure its worth spending 4500 avios when revenue is so cheap
Old Jul 1, 2015, 9:14 pm

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
I haven't even thought about Hotel. I'm booked to SYD (Arriving Thursday the 26th) but waiting in booking to OOL. Although $100 USD for the current deal looks good but its too early to request time off work and who know if i will still be working there in a year. I may just have to grab it soon just for the price. Not sure its worth spending 4500 avios when revenue is so cheap
At our age we don't think it's a good investment to buy green bananas but we're still taking the chance.

We'll still be Hilton Diamond in 2016 so that looks like a good bet for us.
Old Jul 2, 2015, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

At our age we don't think it's a good investment to buy green bananas but we're still taking the chance.

I put in a request through an agency that lists AirBNB for a 2 bedroom apartment. I should have gone for a 3 bedroom to split with more people but it was a less convenient location.. Hopefully they accept such an advance booking. Looks to be the Peninsula building at the corner of Clifford and the Esplanade which is around 4 blocks from the Hilton and right on the lightrail line. I guess this means I have to go now otherwise I sacrifice 50% of the cost

Last edited by CDKing; Jul 2, 2015 at 11:36 am
Old Jul 2, 2015, 7:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Is it a 100% safe bet that if I book the Hilton Surfers Paradise for 27 May 2016 - 30 May 2016, we'll be in the right place at the right time? I'm so tempted to jump on the prepaid rates.
Old Jul 3, 2015, 5:11 am

Programs: QF WP - LTG, VA Plat, HH D, IHG Plat, Rydges Black, GHA Black
Originally Posted by falconea
Mr Falconea's diary is to be found here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Byg...ew?usp=sharing
Thank you for the wonderful trip report Mr Falconea ^.
I really enjoyed reliving OzFest in NZ.

Your photos are just amazing.
Old Jul 3, 2015, 8:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm fine with normal hotel rooms but some things elite status cant get you

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/3802260

Not bad for $534 ai for 3 nights for a 2 bedroom

Originally Posted by MikeMpls
Is it a 100% safe bet that if I book the Hilton Surfers Paradise for 27 May 2016 - 30 May 2016, we'll be in the right place at the right time? I'm so tempted to jump on the prepaid rates.
I sure hope so
Old Jul 3, 2015, 9:15 pm

I'm fine with normal hotel rooms but some things elite status cant get you

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/3802260

Oh, there's no question there are some amenities beyond elite status.
Old Jul 3, 2015, 10:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Pretty killer deal... I am in the midst of finalizing flights and such. Planning 7-8 days in HKG and Australia to include next years OzFest.

I have my TPAC flight in CX F on hold, just need another couple days to make sure I can get home on the 30th.

Last edited by krazykanuck; Jul 4, 2015 at 1:21 pm
Old Jul 6, 2015, 3:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I was able to grab SYD-LAX in F on 6/1/16 at the exact moment it became available to AS members. There was a MEL-LAX but someone grabbed that not too long after I grabbed SYD flight. I'm doing this as a short trip, Barely gone a week
Old Jul 6, 2015, 3:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Ahhh ... twas you who grabbed it ... I am researching a planned AA trip in to be booked in a week or two and I noticed it sitting there. (Could go all the way (MEL-)SYD-LAX-JFK in First.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.