Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

OzFest #12" – "Bay Of Islands" New Zealand - Memorial Day Weekend, May 22-25, 2015

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 17, 2015, 9:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: crankychick
Oz Fest 12
Bay of Islands, New Zealand
May 22 - May 24, 2015

Registration and Payment:
Logistical and Attendee Information:
Consolidated List of Links Referenced:

Thursday, May 21, 2015:
Friday, May 22, 2015:
Saturday, May 23, 2015:
Sunday, May 24, 2015:
Additional Information:
Print Wikipost

OzFest #12" – "Bay Of Islands" New Zealand - Memorial Day Weekend, May 22-25, 2015

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2015, 4:47 pm

Programs: QF WP - LTG, VA Plat, HH D, IHG Plat, Rydges Black, GHA Black
Originally Posted by Top of climb
Sorry we missed the main DO but it was great to catch up (and meet some new people) at the Euro dinner last night. Definitely get in early for the risotto!
Hey Top of climb - after sitting with you last night I can now put a face to a name .

It was delightful to meet you and your +1 last night. Happy travels.
Old May 24, 2015, 5:24 pm

And a great time was had by all!
Thanks tocrankychick,wijomas and chckiwi for organizing the faultless DO and to kpc for organizing the Euro dinner . Food was great but the company was better. Gold Coast next year eh? Maybe even with +1!!
Old May 24, 2015, 5:36 pm

Programs: Prefer to stay where the herded cats are staying, IHG , Hyatt gold, bottom fish in other chains
Gold Coast....yes....
Old May 24, 2015, 6:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
I'm just hanging out. Hoping to get a crew together for wine tasting. So far have 2 interested. Waiting to hear back from the bobs
Old May 24, 2015, 7:21 pm

Programs: QF WP - LTG, VA Plat, HH D, IHG Plat, Rydges Black, GHA Black
Now in the AKL QF F Lounge enjoying a drink or two with JessicaTam and upup&away .
Old May 24, 2015, 10:40 pm

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
Nobody told me going back to work after 5 hours sleep was going to be this tough

Re-living the weekend looking at my photos
Old May 24, 2015, 11:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
A great Do and thanks to the organizers who worked on getting things ready and then herding the cats. It was really a pleasure to see some of our friends again this year and hope to catch up with them again next.

Right now in the AKL Koru Club waiting for a much-delayed CI flight to SYD.
Old May 24, 2015, 11:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
Echoing everyone else's thanks to the wonderful Kiwi organizers who did such a great job. I just e-mailed my wife that we have to come back here.

Today I did Auckland's Coast to Coast Walk. I'll probably be the only person among my circle of friends back home who can claim to have walked from the Pacific Ocean to the Tasman Sea! Tomorrow it's up at a ridiculous hour to catch a 7 am flight to Sydney, thence on to the States and home. I'm guessing nobody else is insane enough to be on that flight.

Looking forward to seeing everyone again on the Gold Coast!
Old May 25, 2015, 12:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Back in the Qantas First lounge room, awaiting our flight back to MEL.

Early on it was a nice drive back with a terrific lunch at Whangerei; weather got more ornery as we approached Auckland, but we dodged the horizontal rain to make the terminal.

A great do, we appreciate the comfort and friendship we find with FT people from around the globe.

Special thanks to CrankyChick, Wijomas and all others involved in the organisation.
Old May 25, 2015, 1:34 am
In memoriam

Programs: QF WP & AA EXP
Thanks all for coming to rainy Kiwiland Was great to see a lot of you again after so many years and meet a couple of new faces!

And of course, glad I could show off my fantastically amazing wifey crankychick who provided moral support during my hours of efforts organising everything

ETA: Also, a special thanks to all for the group photo book and dinner at Euro last night!
Old May 25, 2015, 3:35 am

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by Itsalongwaydown
For those who wanted a copy of the group photo from this morning the address and details are as follows:

www.dolphincruises.co.nz

Choose daily photos and enter access code GSNZ505241005134

The photo should be available from tomorrow.

Bill
Itsalongwaydown - Sorry, access code does not work for me. Could you recheck code or perhaps post photo on Facebook. Thanks.

Edited to add: Or does anyone have a copy of the Cape Reinga group photo they could post? Thanks.

Last edited by restlessinRNO; May 25, 2015 at 3:40 am
Old May 25, 2015, 3:38 am

Programs: NW Plat, Hilton, Avis
After a filling lunch atop Sky City (tower) with monitor and frantic, BobW and I opted for no dinner but instead delivery pizza and wine with cdking here in our room at Hilton. Nearby Sal's NY pizza passes the test.

Tomorrow (wx dependent) we might take the ferry and do some wine-tasting on Waiheke.

A big thank you to crankychick and wijomas for an excellent Do. The planning and execution was impeccable--the events, dinners, and even the bus transportation.

Thank you so much for sharing beautiful New Zealand with us. I've enjoyed every minute, and I'm looking forward to seeing FT friends again soon.
Old May 25, 2015, 3:41 am

Programs: NW Plat, Hilton, Avis
Originally Posted by restlessinRNO
Itsalongwaydown - Sorry, access code does not work for me. Could you recheck code or perhaps post photo on Facebook. Thanks.
Same here. Maybe a typo in the code? Or else, maybe only so many hits are permitted? If so, and if somebody has the original file can it be posted elsewhere?
Old May 25, 2015, 5:44 am

Programs: QF, AA, UA, AS, SW, CO
Settling in to the HI MEL after a nice catchup with JessicaTam.
If anyone is on QF93 tomorrow, Tuesday 26, I'm happy to guest you into the Flounge.
Similarly, anyone straggling home who is in LAX, Tiesday 26, I have a 2pm departure, and happy to guest into AA Flagship / QF Flounge over at Tom Bradley.
Old May 25, 2015, 6:00 am

Programs: QF, AA, UA, AS, SW, CO
Looks like Falconea did a great job as usual with the names tags. Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.