Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

OzFest #12" – "Bay Of Islands" New Zealand - Memorial Day Weekend, May 22-25, 2015

Old May 17, 2015, 9:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: crankychick
Oz Fest 12
Bay of Islands, New Zealand
May 22 - May 24, 2015

Registration and Payment:
Logistical and Attendee Information:
Consolidated List of Links Referenced:

Thursday, May 21, 2015:
Friday, May 22, 2015:
Saturday, May 23, 2015:
Sunday, May 24, 2015:
Additional Information:
Print Wikipost

OzFest #12" – "Bay Of Islands" New Zealand - Memorial Day Weekend, May 22-25, 2015

Old May 23, 2015, 4:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jamier45
We were talking to JohnSydney2000 at the Leeds DO he attended about several of us from the BA Board attending the next DO in AUS.

If we could know roughly where it will be and a date so we can begin pricing up flights and organising the time off work required.
Originally Posted by JessicaTam
OzFest is traditionally on Memorial Day weekend, and the Gold Coast has been suggested for next year.
In the United States, Memorial Day is always celebrated on the last Monday of May. For 2016 that is Monday 30th May. So Friday 27th May - Saturday 28th - Sunday 29th.
Saturday & Sunday are the main days. Most people arrive on the Friday afternoon and start to leave Sunday night/Monday morning. Other people arrive a few days before and/or leave a few days after.

Last edited by Mwenenzi; May 23, 2015 at 5:04 pm
Old May 23, 2015, 6:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
The cruise boat just left Russell on the way back to paihia, we are watching it from the Pub ...
Old May 23, 2015, 6:59 pm

Programs: QF SG(LTS) - AA LTG(1MM)
Originally Posted by serfty
Another good evening for food and company.

Those of us who will still be in Paihia tomorrow evening do any have suggestions to a place for dinner?
Do people want early or late? Al Frescho has Sunday roast @1500 but sells out early and has "live" music. Suggest we meet @1800 - 1900. Admirals View?

Fred
Old May 23, 2015, 7:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by wandering_fred
Do people want early or late? Al Frescho has Sunday roast @1500 but sells out early and has "live" music. Suggest we meet @1800 - 1900. Admirals View?

Fred
Certainly later for us ... We are currently having lunch in Russell at the pub ...
Old May 23, 2015, 8:01 pm

Programs: QF SG(LTS) - AA LTG(1MM)
Well the decision for Sunday dinner is "half made".

Please meet at the information centre on the Paihia wharf at 1830.

Consensus will then apply to restaurant choice.

Happy wandering

Fred
Old May 23, 2015, 8:16 pm

Programs: QF LTG, Velocity FF Red, HH Diamond, PC Platinum Ambassador, UA Nothing
For those who were not in attendance this weekend you missed an absolutely awesome weekend. The weather was quite problematical however was always OK at the critical times.

Thank you to Christy, Glenys and Will for all their efforts. With only a few exceptions the sheep seemed much easier to herd this year.

For those who have missed it I can confirm that in an almost unanimous decision that Oz Fest #13 will be held on the Gold Coast. A thread will be started at an appropriate time in the near future.
Old May 23, 2015, 8:29 pm

Programs: AA PPro, QF Gold, DL Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Platinum

Great to meet everyone and put names and faces to handles.

Just saw the bus off after a quick stop at Kawakawa.

Safe travels to everyone traveling today. Peeps in Paihia have a good couple of days and see everyone else tonight at dinner.
Old May 23, 2015, 9:20 pm

I'm in AKL for the day. Other engagements have regretfully meant that I've not been able to make this DO and also can't make the dinner at 8pm.

Rather than messaging a bunch of people I know separately, if anyone would like to catch up for a drink between 5ish and 7ish please get in touch.
Old May 23, 2015, 9:29 pm

Programs: QF LTG, Velocity FF Red, HH Diamond, PC Platinum Ambassador, UA Nothing
During the weekend I talked to many people about the upcoming "AFF Gathering #9 at CNS on 16 - 18 October"

The link above takes you to the master thread for the event.

Anyone who wishes to attend can register for AFF and then come and join the fun. I expect that the event will be similar to "Oz Fest #6" - Cairns Queensland - Memorial Day Weekend, May 22-24, 2009" (Why change a winning formula)

A couple of us are heading to Cairns in the near future to do the advanced planning for this.

Everyone is welcome.

Bill

Last edited by Itsalongwaydown; May 24, 2015 at 3:52 am
Old May 23, 2015, 11:43 pm

Programs: First Time Flyer
I have seen some photos pop up on social media.

Looks like a good do. I trust y'all had fun
Old May 24, 2015, 1:04 am

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by Itsalongwaydown
For those who were not in attendance this weekend you missed an absolutely awesome weekend. The weather was quite problematical however was always OK at the critical times.

Thank you to Christy, Glenys and Will for all their efforts. With only a few exceptions the sheep seemed much easier to herd this year.

For those who have missed it I can confirm that in an almost unanimous decision that Oz Fest #13 will be held on the Gold Coast. A thread will be started at an appropriate time in the near future.
Thank you Christy, Glenys and Will. Another very enjoyable, well organized OzFest DO. Looking forward to Gold Coast next year.
Old May 24, 2015, 1:19 am

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by Itsalongwaydown

Originally Posted by restlessinRNO
Thank you Christy, Glenys and Will. Another very enjoyable, well organized OzFest DO. Looking forward to Gold Coast next year.
^ From the AKL Holiday Inn... All that goes for us as well! A great group and a great time! Gold Coast or bust in 2016.
Old May 24, 2015, 1:30 am

Programs: QF Platinum (OW Emerald), PC Platinum, HH Gold
Sitting in Air New Zealand lounge with Mr and Mrs QF WP.

What a lovely weekend. Great to meet friends old and new.

Thanks to crankychick, wijomas and chchkiwi for organising and anyone that assisted.

Looking forward to the next one on the Gold Coast.
Old May 24, 2015, 1:52 am

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
Getting through C&I was again a breeze. Duty free shopping done and sitting in the Air NZ Lounge having dinner and a wine or two.

Thanks again to crankychick, wijomas, chchkiwi and mwenenzi for their brilliant logistics and planning.

Boarding in 25 mins. I'm not rushing down to Gate 1
Old May 24, 2015, 1:52 am
In memoriam

Programs: UA GS/1K/2MM, HH Diamond, Starwood Gold, Marriott Gold
Thanks to Christy, Glenys, and Will for a wonderful weekend and fantastic control of the weather Gods Really enjoyed seeing old friends and meeting new folks. Looking forward to next year in the Gold Coast area. Safe Travels to all

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.