Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Vielfliegertreff/Flyertalk Advent Weekend with Lufthansa in FRA / 28.11.-30.11.2014

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Vielfliegertreff/Flyertalk Advent Weekend with Lufthansa in FRA / 28.11.-30.11.2014

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2014, 1:47 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Done!
Old Nov 26, 2014, 3:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH HON, DL FO/MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Accor Lifetime Platinum, Sixt Diamond
Here is the detailed agenda for this upcoming weekend:

Friday:

14:30 h
Those participating in the LH Cargo Tour meet at Frankfurt Airport, Terminal 1, at the "Tangente" snack bar located in the check-in aera A. We will take it from there and head over to LH Cargo. Anticipated duration until approx. 18:00h.

20:00 h
Dinner at Vapiano Frankfurt I (located at Goetheplatz)
Vapiano Frankfurt 1, Goetheplatz 1-3, Frankfurt
The 1st Floor Lounge is reserved for us. They also have a bar, so you can't just have dinner there, but also have some drinks and have a relaxing end of this first day of our Advent Do.

Saturday:

09:30 h
Meet at Frankfurt Airport, Terminal 1, bus station (located below the tunnel connecting Terminal 1A to the Fernbahnhof train station; take the escalator next to the entrance of the Sheraton hotel down to the ground floor)
09:45 Uhr
Meet at LAC (Lufthansa Aviation Center) if you arrive by car

10:00 Uhr - 14:00 h
Beginn of the LH tour - we will be split up in four groups @ 10 participants each (one group in English, three groups in German). You will see the Lufthansa Flight Training Center, Lufthansa Technik including Lufthansa's new Premium Economy product and have lunch at the Lufthansa Technik canteen

14:00 - 14:45 h
All four groups will meet at the LAC at around 14:15 h, and we will make our way back to the terminal together

14:45 Uhr - 17:00 h
Program with Fraport (tour of Frankfurt airport and visit to the baggage control center) split up in four groups again

17:00 h
End of the program at the airport

19:00 h
Meet at the Christmas Market for some Glühwein in front of "Alten Limpurg"
Frankfurter Alten Limpurg
We will then make our way to the dinner location by foot (those too lazy to walk can take a taxi)

20:00 h
Dinner at Apfelweinwirtschaft Wagner
Apfelweinwirtschaft Wagner - Frankfurt am Main

Sunday
12:00 Uhr - Advents-Brunch over the roofs of Frankfurt at Fleming's Deluxe at Eschenheimer Tor
Flemings Hotels | Hotels in München, Frankfurt, Zurich, Wien: Hotel & Zimmer
Old Nov 27, 2014, 3:14 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Thanks rcs85551 for the update.

Looking forward to the weekend and meeting old and new friends especially those coming across the pond for the Do! ^
Old Nov 27, 2014, 3:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH HON, DL FO/MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Accor Lifetime Platinum, Sixt Diamond
Some information regarding photography during the Lufthansa events:

Usually it is prohibited to take pictures. Lufthansa will try to make an exception. The final OK will be given at the beginning of the tour. If photos are being OKed, you must stick to the following regulations:

You may take pictures of:
- Lufthansa airplanes
- Employees only with their permission (!)

You may NOT take pictures of:
- airplanes of other airlines
- airplanes before cleaning
- airplane that is under maintenance
- broken parts or technical details
- leakage or dirt
- compromising work situations
- no open engines
- no parts that are critical to be copied by competitors

NONE of the pictures you took should be used on a public website. You may only take them for personal use.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 3:48 pm

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by rcs85551
- no parts that are critical to be copied by competitors
Like the new C?

Sorry, I couldn't resist.
Old Nov 29, 2014, 7:25 am

Programs: NW Plat, Hilton, Avis
Things we learned during the 30 minute break at the airport:

If you have no luggage with you
AND
you have in your hand a folded up bright green safety vest
AND
the lanyard around your neck has "Lufthansa" and its logo
THEN
you might get a 20% employee discount at the airport coffee and pastry shop without even asking.

Last edited by bdnyc; Nov 29, 2014 at 10:33 am
Old Nov 29, 2014, 8:08 am

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum

Unfortunately, due to a work-related emergency this morning, I was unable to join today's event. Needless to say, I'm gutted, but take comfort in the fact that I'll see you all at brunch tomorrow. Looking forward to it!
Old Nov 29, 2014, 8:43 am

Programs: NW Plat, Hilton, Avis
Of course, we don't know if there's gonna be a similar discount at the Frankfurt transit museum on Sundays, but if anybody is interested in going there after brunch tomorrow, let's join up. It's at the end of the 12 tram line
Old Nov 29, 2014, 8:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
The colds that both of us are fighting laid us low for dinner but we expect to see everyone at brunch tomorrow and, if possible, join bdnyc at the transit museum.
Old Nov 30, 2014, 11:21 am

Programs: LH Sen, UA 1K, BA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, IHG Platin Ambassador

Thank you rcs85551 and LufthansaFlyer for organizing this fantastic DO with its brilliant LH Cargo and LH Technik, Training and Premium Economy tour as well as the look behind the scenes the FRA baggage handling.
Also thank you for picking out nice dinner and brunch locations. Food was excellent.

Thanks for meeting up old FT- and VFT-friends, having nice and warm chats and talks and getting to know new users of FT and VFT.

It was a great weekend
Old Nov 30, 2014, 1:38 pm

Programs: LX HON, Radisson Platinum, Hilton Gold
Also a big thank you from my side! Very interesting insights into everyday work at LH and the airport! Great to meet interesting people which make appetite for more DOs with "crazy" people from FT!
Old Dec 1, 2014, 3:34 am

Programs: AC MM 50K, Marriott LTT
Great FRA Advents DO

A huge thank you to rcs85551 and LufthansaFlyer for all their hard work in organizing such a busy weekend of airport events and social venues. Your efforts are much appreciated. ^^

Excellent to see and hear about Lufthansa, specifically, and the airport in general. Lots of interesting, insightful, and informative tours, inside LH Technik, and Fraport baggage control center,as well as outside LH Cargo and airside bus ride.
I now know what seats to pick from Premium Economy forward (business and first class)!

Great restaurant venues for socializing and enjoying the fare.

(I now think I have a good handle on the FRA Transit system ... my all day passes including airport got a good workout, especially Saturday).

Wonderful to chat with familiar faces and meet new folks ... look forward to seeing all at future DOs.
Old Dec 2, 2014, 12:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
I would like to add our thanks for rcs8551 for his work and gracious invitation to the weekend events.

However, the cold bug brought its rotten krankheit to both of us on Friday and we were barely able to participate in many of the events. We hope to see everyone in better circumstances next time around.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.