Programs: UA Gold, VX Silver, HH Gold, Hyatt Gold, JPM Palladium
Possible Los Angeles DO; the Pan Am Experience - date TBD

Date: TBD
Time: TBD (possibly late December 2014)
Location: Air Hollywood 13240 Weidner Street Los Angeles, CA 91331
Venue's Phone Number: 818.890.0444
Venue's Website: http://www.panamexperience.com/
Cost: $200-$300 USD

Both FT members who remember flying on Pan Am and would like a chance to relive those memories as well as community members who didn't have the opportunity to fly with the airline and would like to see what it was like may be interested in joining us.

Air Hollywood's Pan Am Experience tries to recreate... the Pan Am experience from the music played, to the food served, to the FAs' uniforms, and the cabin interior.

From the website it looks like tickets are available 7 days before the event. If the number of attendees end up being big enough, we may have to contact them directly.

If you're interested in possibly attending a DO the Pan Am Experience, comment below.

INTERESTED:
FTcadence
mikekelley
JVPhoto (only Dec 26-Jan2)
HMO (?)
daiseee
Herb687
mahasamatman
boxo
poptarts

Last edited by FTcadence; Sep 29, 2014 at 1:28 pm
Old Sep 26, 2014, 11:50 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
I'm interested but I will only be in LA Dec 26 - Jan 2 (leaving in the afternoon) so that puts usable nights at 12/26-1/1.
Old Sep 26, 2014, 3:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP
I would be interested and I also personally know the people behind it, so if it did come to that I would be happy to put you in touch with them directly to organize a 'group night' of sorts.

That could be great fun.
Old Sep 26, 2014, 7:55 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, HH Diamond
Possible Los Angeles DO; the Pan Am Experience - date TBD

I'm interested depending on the date!
Old Sep 27, 2014, 12:00 am

Thanks for thinking of me, but I'm on the wrong side of the country for this Perhaps it might work out, but I shouldn't be considered if there is in fact a group that is interested in making this happen.
Old Sep 27, 2014, 9:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
Three to four hours on a 747 that never leaves the ground? That is definitely an authentic Pan Am experience.

Hopefully they have recreated every detail of a Pan Am 747 interior right down to inoperative galley components, burnt out lights, soiled seats and duct tape all over armrests and and overhead bins...

As utterly crappy as PA was in its later years, I'm very interested in this event, depending on date.
Old Sep 27, 2014, 3:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
If it was a Clipper, I would absolutely consider it.
Old Sep 28, 2014, 5:47 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
I am interested and am open to any date.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 1:19 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, HH Gold, SPG Gold, National EC Executive, AA Platinum
I'm interested and thanks in advance for hosting this event!
Old Sep 29, 2014, 1:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold, VX Silver, HH Gold, Hyatt Gold, JPM Palladium
JVPhoto, I just called Pan Am Experience and I have a bit of bad news. They'll be stopping the events for the holiday season on December 20th and resuming the experience in January.

I'm going to be emailing the head of the experience this afternoon so that I can maybe get a better idea of what dates are available.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 2:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Ah well bummer you folks have fun!

I figured the Holiday season would have been busier given company/Holiday/Office parties or doing special occasions (NYE).
Old Sep 29, 2014, 11:45 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
The dropdown menu on the website has only two dates, Dec 13 and Dec 20. Sunday nights, 6:30pm-10:30pm. Not convenient for most people. Cost is $267 main deck or $297 upper deck.
Old Sep 30, 2014, 10:51 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
It's pricy but I think it could be a lot of fun, I'll keep an eye on this thread and see if I could make it work ^
Old Oct 1, 2014, 1:01 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Definitely interested!
Old Oct 2, 2014, 7:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

what about a flyertalk "charter" (exclusive-use buy-out / take-over) ?

do any of the locals / film industry types on flyertalk have any connections with people behind this?

Originally Posted by mikekelley
I would be interested and I also personally know the people behind it, so if it did come to that I would be happy to put you in touch with them directly to organize a 'group night' of sorts. That could be great fun.
Originally Posted by mikekelley
Haha, I'm actually the photographer behind all the imagery. Ask me anything about the experience - it's actually quite something! I would be happy to answer any questions you can throw at me.
any other flyertalkers involved directly?

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Oct 2, 2014 at 7:14 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.