Gunter (Blondiemcl)
Teddy (houseontheprairie)
Charlie (jennj99738)
Print Wikipost

FT Santa Paws Present Exchange

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2014, 9:48 pm

Originally Posted by MissJoeyDFW
High pitched Squeal! You know how I love pet photos.

Here is Jax modeling his Christmas sweater. He was very mad and indignant in this photo. What you can't see is that his tail is doing I am very mad swish. He was obviously plotting his escape. About a minute or two after this photo was taken he extracted himself from the red yarn torture thingie.

How many people did it take to get Jax into the sweater?

I've got one I could see getting into a sweater - Twinkle actually has a fleece poncho for cold wether vet trips, but the other two would draw blood before they'd wear a sweater.
Old Dec 27, 2014, 8:34 am

Originally Posted by CDTraveler
How many people did it take to get Jax into the sweater?

I've got one I could see getting into a sweater - Twinkle actually has a fleece poncho for cold wether vet trips, but the other two would draw blood before they'd wear a sweater.
I knew that buying a cat sweater would be a total waste of money for Jax. I cut the arm out of an old sweater and holes for his legs. It was pretty stretchy so I was able to slip it on to him as he tried to escape from it he actually put himself in it. I did get a pretty good scratch on my hand while slipping his legs into the leg holes. It was totally worth it because of the entertainment he provided.

This was his "how could you do this to me" look, he was pretty mad. This was pretty much a one time deal, I think anyway. He is so handsome I think he would be super cute wearing sweaters.

Last edited by MissJoeyDFW; Nov 2, 2016 at 6:45 pm
Old Dec 30, 2014, 12:20 pm

Did everybody post their Santa Paws photos? I keep hoping for more animal shots.

After all, the Internet was invented for cat videos.
Old Jan 1, 2015, 12:10 am
tcl

Location: In a hotel somewhere trying to repack everything I brought (and bought) in to a carry-on smaller than my last one.
Programs: UA, Asia Miles, Southwest, IHG
Thank you!

Chai just received a surprise package today from a Santa from Vegas! It contained her favourite freeze dried salmon treats, 3 "bacon" pork skin twist chewies, a scarf that she looks cute in and a mini hide-a-squirrel toy.

She immediately recognized what the hide-a-squirrel was and carried it to her bed. She has the bees (minus the hive), the birds (minus the house), and many balls. She has been wearing the scarf all day but I have not been able to get a photo of her yet. I'll try again in the am and hopefully she'll be in a more photogenic mood.

Thank you again Santa Paws. Chai loves all her new toys and treats.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 10:47 am

Originally Posted by tcl
Chai just received a surprise package today from a Santa from Vegas! It contained her favourite freeze dried salmon treats, 3 "bacon" pork skin twist chewies, a scarf that she looks cute in and a mini hide-a-squirrel toy.

She immediately recognized what the hide-a-squirrel was and carried it to her bed. She has the bees (minus the hive), the birds (minus the house), and many balls. She has been wearing the scarf all day but I have not been able to get a photo of her yet. I'll try again in the am and hopefully she'll be in a more photogenic mood.

Thank you again Santa Paws. Chai loves all her new toys and treats.
I hope we get to see Chai wearing her scarf! I'm glad she enjoyed her gifts.
Old Jan 3, 2015, 11:59 am
tcl

Location: In a hotel somewhere trying to repack everything I brought (and bought) in to a carry-on smaller than my last one.
Programs: UA, Asia Miles, Southwest, IHG
After bribing with salmon treats, I was finally able to get a pic of sorts. Her Chai-ness refused to tolerate any brushing today so is messy and not her usual fluffy self after chasing the resident squirrel into the bushes. Upon getting back into the house, she promptly picked up the squirrel house toy and is standing protectively over it. I was able to slip the scarf on her before she started pulling squirrels out.

Thank you for her treats and toys. She loves them.

Last edited by tcl; Jan 3, 2015 at 12:00 pm Reason: Clean up photo attachment
Old Jan 3, 2015, 6:52 pm

Ahh, she's beautiful! Thanks for the pic!
Old Jan 4, 2015, 9:24 pm

Originally Posted by tcl
After bribing with salmon treats, I was finally able to get a pic of sorts. Her Chai-ness refused to tolerate any brushing today so is messy and not her usual fluffy self after chasing the resident squirrel into the bushes. Upon getting back into the house, she promptly picked up the squirrel house toy and is standing protectively over it. I was able to slip the scarf on her before she started pulling squirrels out.

Thank you for her treats and toys. She loves them.

She is gorgeous! What a pretty doggie.
Old Jan 4, 2015, 10:41 pm

Programs: AAExP, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, IHG Spire, Marriott Plat
What a pretty Girl!!!
Old Jan 7, 2015, 6:57 pm

Programs: AA, Starwood, Hyatt, Starbucks Gold
Thumbs up Next Year

Please put me on the list for next year!
Old Jan 7, 2015, 7:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by lisamcgu
Please put me on the list for next year!
Will do!
Old Feb 5, 2015, 4:33 pm
Used to be 'FTcadence'

So... Our children are celebrating a little bit of Christmas in February.

We moved earlier than we'd originally expected; in early December of last year. Jones and Thumb's FT secret santa gift arrived after and was handed off from one person to another. I was finally able to pick it up today. In the meantime our family also grew, we adopted a puppy who has been sharing Jones' toys and was all too happy to see that there was yet another new one to play with.

Here's what happened when I started opening boxes...

Jones, as if knowing that his name was on the box, decided that the blue wheel tug-toy was his.

When he wasn't looking though, Rocky grabbed hold of a corner and tugged. They went back and forth until I opened the next box and pulled out a toy that most people think is a cat-only toy, but it is totally a cross-species toy.

I yelled Thumb's name and he showed up just in time to see Jones sniffing at it.

Rocky had already tried to jump up and catch those oh so attractive feathers on a string. I needed to distract the dogs and get the cat alone in a room for him to actually play. There's something about catching something that's moving which seems to be totally irresistible. I'm very happy to report that not just 2, but all 3 animals are very happy with their toys and the chicken treats. Thank you!
Old Feb 6, 2015, 1:25 am

Originally Posted by TravelingPeanut
I yelled Thumb's name and he showed up just in time to see Jones sniffing at it.

Rocky had already tried to jump up and catch those oh so attractive feathers on a string. I needed to distract the dogs and get the cat alone in a room for him to actually play. There's something about catching something that's moving which seems to be totally irresistible. I'm very happy to report that not just 2, but all 3 animals are very happy with their toys and the chicken treats. Thank you!
Ah, a feather toy.

Is the dog's nose still intact?

Around here, the felines share many toys, but not the feather toys! Those are claimed by the alpha cat, and the other two only get to play with the feathers when alpha cat is asleep on the upstairs bed.

p.s. did the cat actually come when he was called?
Old Feb 6, 2015, 6:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by TravelingPeanut
So... Our children are celebrating a little bit of Christmas in February.

We moved earlier than we'd originally expected; in early December of last year. Jones and Thumb's FT secret santa gift arrived after and was handed off from one person to another. I was finally able to pick it up today. In the meantime our family also grew, we adopted a puppy who has been sharing Jones' toys and was all too happy to see that there was yet another new one to play with.

Here's what happened when I started opening boxes...

Jones, as if knowing that his name was on the box, decided that the blue wheel tug-toy was his.

When he wasn't looking though, Rocky grabbed hold of a corner and tugged. They went back and forth until I opened the next box and pulled out a toy that most people think is a cat-only toy, but it is totally a cross-species toy.

Congrats on the new addition! They are all gorgeous!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.