Gunter (Blondiemcl)
Teddy (houseontheprairie)
Charlie (jennj99738)
Print Wikipost

FT Santa Paws Present Exchange

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2014, 5:22 pm

Originally Posted by kipper
You love photos of the dogs and cats, don't you?

I don't know if I posted any of mine...
Yes I do! Mauser is so handsome, your other dogs are beautiful too. How are the three of your dogs getting along?

Originally Posted by miffSC
I most certainly can

and...even though it's the wrong holiday....

She is definitely my sweetie!
Goldie is adorable!
Old Dec 19, 2014, 5:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Thank you!

She was so funny that day! I think she thought I was 'fussing' because I wanted her to sit in a certain spot (which was a little damp from the sprinkler) - so once she was settled, she refused to look at the camera. She was either a) not going to sit there or b) not look at the camera. She won.
Yes, she did win.
Old Dec 21, 2014, 7:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM HH Gold, Marriot Titanium
Goldie waits patiently....
Chubbs apologizes for the delay. She states that her lazy owner didn't leave his bed for a week because of the flu no matter how hard she bit him. She's very hopeful that Goldie will get her goodies soon.

Of note, she also refuses to pose on her new favorite scratching board, but will sit next to it.

Last edited by timmy83; Dec 21, 2014 at 7:17 pm
Old Dec 21, 2014, 7:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by timmy83
Chubbs apologizes for the delay. She states that her lazy owner didn't leave his bed for a week because of the flu no matter how hard she bit him. She's very hopeful that Goldie will get her goodies soon.

Of note, she also refuses to pose on her new favorite scratching board, but will sit next to it.

Hope you are feeling better!

She's so cute!
Old Dec 22, 2014, 4:10 am

On Saturday we met up with Catman to hand over the gifts for Winnie and Tigger, and had a great time socializing in NYC.

We got home very late from our day out, and found a large box on the doorstep addressed to triple trouble, Washington, Twinkle & Hershey. I put it in the coat closet until Christmas but there must be something really fragrant in the box, because Washington spent half of Sunday trying to take the closet door off the hinges to get at that box...

Photos to follow on Christmas Day.
Old Dec 22, 2014, 6:35 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CDTraveler
On Saturday we met up with Catman to hand over the gifts for Winnie and Tigger, and had a great time socializing in NYC.

We got home very late from our day out, and found a large box on the doorstep addressed to triple trouble, Washington, Twinkle & Hershey. I put it in the coat closet until Christmas but there must be something really fragrant in the box, because Washington spent half of Sunday trying to take the closet door off the hinges to get at that box...

Photos to follow on Christmas Day.
I want to see photos of the cats trying to get into the closet.
Old Dec 22, 2014, 8:28 am

Programs: AAExP, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, IHG Spire, Marriott Plat
What a great morning! When we opened the door what did we see....
a package at the door addressed to Goldie!

With great delight into the box she did peek....

Oh is it all for me? For me to keep?

So, mom thought she would be sly and tuck it away....
But I want it now, so that I can play!

Thank you timmy83 and Chubbs! Goldie loves her presents...!!!
Old Dec 22, 2014, 8:58 am

I want to see photos of the cats trying to get into the closet.
Cat, not cats. Washington is the one most into home modification. Usually he uses the knob to open door (and then shuts his little brother in closet!), but that particular doorknob currently has so many grocery totes hanging from it he can't get a paw on it.

Will try to get a photo later, right now is morning nap time.
Old Dec 22, 2014, 9:09 am
Original Poster

Cat, not cats. Washington is the one most into home modification. Usually he uses the knob to open door (and then shuts his little brother in closet!), but that particular doorknob currently has so many grocery totes hanging from it he can't get a paw on it.

Will try to get a photo later, right now is morning nap time.
LOL, he'll shut his little brother in the closet?
Old Dec 22, 2014, 9:18 am
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
It has been fun watching and reading this thread.... so many good deeds for our furry family members!
Old Dec 22, 2014, 9:45 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by wharvey
It has been fun watching and reading this thread.... so many good deeds for our furry family members!
Your furry family members could participate next year!
Old Dec 22, 2014, 10:02 am

LOL, he'll shut his little brother in the closet?
Sibling rivalry at its finest.

When we first adopted Twinkle as a kitten, he would go missing on a regular basis. We would have to hunt through every closet and cupboard to find him and couldn't figure how he kept getting trapped. Finally one day I saw Washington open a bathroom cupboard with his paw, then climb in. Twinkle climbed in next to him, then Washington hopped out, shut the door, and sauntered off.

If anybody tries to tell you cats aren't capable making and carrying out detailed plans, tell 'em they're wrong. Cats are quite capable of scheming!
Old Dec 22, 2014, 10:38 am
Original Poster

Sibling rivalry at its finest.

When we first adopted Twinkle as a kitten, he would go missing on a regular basis. We would have to hunt through every closet and cupboard to find him and couldn't figure how he kept getting trapped. Finally one day I saw Washington open a bathroom cupboard with his paw, then climb in. Twinkle climbed in next to him, then Washington hopped out, shut the door, and sauntered off.

If anybody tries to tell you cats aren't capable making and carrying out detailed plans, tell 'em they're wrong. Cats are quite capable of scheming!
LOL! Too cute!!!
Old Dec 22, 2014, 11:34 am
Moderator: Information Desk, Women Travelers, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold
Leo and Daisy are still waiting for their Santa Paws gifts. (Though I admit that I was a couple days late in getting mine to their intended recipient.)

Sadly, Leo's Christmas is set to be spoiled tomorrow when he realizes that Daisy Dog did not get permanently exiled two weeks ago. (She's at boarding school.) And Daisy's Christmas dreams will be realized when she gets to come home!

I saw her yesterday for a training session, and at the end we put her into a sit-down-stay, then her trainer and I left the room. There's a tall gate separating the rooms with about 4" of clearance off of the floor, and it didn't take long her for to break out of her "stay" and start peering under the gate and barking as if to say, "Wait, wait! You forgot me!" Heartbreaking...but I know this two-week boot camp is well worth it. I never fully understood just how stubborn dachshunds can be.
Old Dec 23, 2014, 12:09 pm
Moderator: Information Desk, Women Travelers, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by chgoeditor
Leo and Daisy are still waiting for their Santa Paws gifts. (Though I admit that I was a couple days late in getting mine to their intended recipient.)

Sadly, Leo's Christmas is set to be spoiled tomorrow when he realizes that Daisy Dog did not get permanently exiled two weeks ago. (She's at boarding school.) And Daisy's Christmas dreams will be realized when she gets to come home!

I saw her yesterday for a training session, and at the end we put her into a sit-down-stay, then her trainer and I left the room. There's a tall gate separating the rooms with about 4" of clearance off of the floor, and it didn't take long her for to break out of her "stay" and start peering under the gate and barking as if to say, "Wait, wait! You forgot me!" Heartbreaking...but I know this two-week boot camp is well worth it. I never fully understood just how stubborn dachshunds can be.
I spoke too soon! A fantastic box of goodies arrived for Leo and Daisy yesterday. Thank you so much to our, FT Secret Santa! Leo loves the fishing pole and mouse toys, and Daisy (who I'm picking up from boarding school within the hour) is sure to burn off a lot of energy while playing fetch wearing her spiffy new daisy-covered collar. Her trainer emphasizes having "high value" treats, and I'm sure the ones you included will be a hit. Thanks again!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.