Reload this Page >

Boston Summer Do: 7/24

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Boston Summer Do: 7/24

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2014, 10:28 am

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
OK! I'm all in!

Looking forward to it.
Old Jul 12, 2014, 2:18 am

I'll be there!
Old Jul 14, 2014, 8:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by baccarat_king
OK! I'm all in!

Looking forward to it.
I'll still believe it when I see it.

Mike
Old Jul 14, 2014, 6:27 pm

I'm in
Old Jul 15, 2014, 1:21 pm

Programs: AA XPlat
I'll be there.
Old Jul 15, 2014, 11:24 pm

Sounds fascinating. Probably there.
Old Jul 16, 2014, 7:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BeckhamsTears
I'll be there.
Originally Posted by raenye
Sounds fascinating. Probably there.
Always glad to have some new folks! Looking forward to meeting both of you.

Mike
Old Jul 16, 2014, 8:19 am

Programs: AA XPlat
Originally Posted by mikeef
Always glad to have some new folks! Looking forward to meeting both of you.

Mike
Hi Mike, sorry, just checked my flight schedule and I depart for IAD at 7:30p on the 24th. Don't think I can make it. Will keep an eye out for the next one.

Is there a good way to get alerted automatically for the next one? I don't often visit the Community forums.
Old Jul 16, 2014, 8:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
So people of the BOS DO, here's a challenge...

I am traveling right now and I wanted to pay my amex bill online. First w the app and then on the site itself, which I can get from my iPhone but it is a bit more mobily in some ways.

Before my trip I went in to add a new bank to my amex acct for a card I knew I wanted to pay later on. Not a huge deal but hey when you are on vaca you have moments of purely free time so I figured I may as well try just the same.

I Go to pay card when there is a balance but statement has not yet come, and I have been cycling it as well.

It wont let you pay because it says ammt exceeds $0.00 due

So I select a different and already used, long since listed bank acct in my profile and It will now let you pay from it.

What is that? and how long must you wait for the new bank to have such status if thats where your money is?

I could move funds later between banks if necessary, but I want to pay from new bank instead so how can you force it?

I have not been able to get the chat feature to come up whilst on the amex site on my phone.

Anyone ever run into this and know a solution? See ya'll on the 24th!
Old Jul 17, 2014, 12:39 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
Originally Posted by mikeef
I'll still believe it when I see it.

Mike
It's becoming more and more believable.

Originally Posted by Marathon Man
So people of the BOS DO, here's a challenge...

I am traveling right now and I wanted to pay my amex bill online. First w the app and then on the site itself, which I can get from my iPhone but it is a bit more mobily in some ways.

Before my trip I went in to add a new bank to my amex acct for a card I knew I wanted to pay later on. Not a huge deal but hey when you are on vaca you have moments of purely free time so I figured I may as well try just the same.

I Go to pay card when there is a balance but statement has not yet come, and I have been cycling it as well.

It wont let you pay because it says ammt exceeds $0.00 due

So I select a different and already used, long since listed bank acct in my profile and It will now let you pay from it.

What is that? and how long must you wait for the new bank to have such status if thats where your money is?

I could move funds later between banks if necessary, but I want to pay from new bank instead so how can you force it?

I have not been able to get the chat feature to come up whilst on the amex site on my phone.

Anyone ever run into this and know a solution? See ya'll on the 24th!
Moments like this, make me realize the simplicity of paying my AMEX-NL bill. Just do a bank transfer (wire) to AMEX with the account # as a reference. Only bad thing, is that payments take 48-72 hours to post. But, it's the only option; so you plan for it. (if necessary, you can call AMEX and they can look for the payment and note your account; perhaps, if you had a very high balance/exposure issue)

All you need, is to be armed with the AMEX IBAN number for payment processing :
IBAN for Royal Bank of Scotland is: NL13RBOS0636065073
Swift (BIC) code for Royal Bank of Scotland is: RBOSNL2A

Of course, I do not suggest you try this with a US based account. and, well, these transfers (wires) are FREE from Dutch bank accounts. The joys of living in a society with NO PAPER CHECKS.
Old Jul 17, 2014, 12:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My wife, being Dutch, will agree with you.

She would also add something like,

Why are you even bothering with this when on vacation. You should have eithet paid it when home or do so when you get back.

We cannot spend time calling and trying to find some hotel business center...

Etc etc

That said, I guess either way I havent got my answer on how the newly added bank thing works or how long its status holds up

Old Jul 17, 2014, 1:03 am

Originally Posted by Marathon Man
She would also add something like,

Why are you even bothering with this when on vacation. You should have either paid it when home or do so when you get back.
Your wife is correct; but of course.... I didn't really need to tell you that.

All wives are always correct. But, more so, one must make sure they believe they are correct. Since, women who believe they are right; are very happy women.

Last edited by baccarat_king; Jul 17, 2014 at 1:11 am
Old Jul 17, 2014, 1:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That is because she is dutch
All dutch are happy
Even the ones who are not are more happy than most other people in the world who are not
Old Jul 17, 2014, 12:03 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
I might be able to go, but not definite yet as I have been working nights on Thursdays lately.
Old Jul 17, 2014, 1:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BeckhamsTears
Hi Mike, sorry, just checked my flight schedule and I depart for IAD at 7:30p on the 24th. Don't think I can make it. Will keep an eye out for the next one.

Is there a good way to get alerted automatically for the next one? I don't often visit the Community forums.
We don't have an automated system, but we do them every three months, which means the next one will be in mid-October. If you PM me at the end of September, I"ll have a date.

Originally Posted by baccarat_king
It's becoming more and more believable.
For those of you who don't know baccarat_king, here's an analogy:

bac_king is to gaming loyalty programs as Marathon Man is to frequent flyer programs.

Mike

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.