Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Vegas meet up or Vegasdo??

Vegas meet up or Vegasdo??

Old May 14, 2014, 10:39 pm

Programs: WN CP, WN A-List Preferred, AS MVPG 75k, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Count me in as another LV local willing to do a Vegas Do or meet up with any other LV FTers.

I'd be more than willing to help organize something if we are going to actually have a full on VegasDo sometime this year.
Old May 15, 2014, 8:32 am

I'm in town June 27 to July 2. Staying at Planet Hollywood and Aria. Generally come once or twice a year.
Old May 21, 2014, 10:42 pm

Programs: UA Silver
Anyone?
Old May 22, 2014, 7:56 am

Programs: SPG Plat; UAL PP, Hyatt Diamond; HHonors Gold; Marriott Silver
I'll be there 6/27-6/29, but I always love another reason to go.
Old May 22, 2014, 8:50 am

Location: SoCal; DO-RAGS: Old Gold tagged, PIP, LatPass 1/2, AA 4MM, HH LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, Omni
Next planned trip to Vegas: July 18-20.
Old May 22, 2014, 11:16 pm

I live here so I don't really care when anything happens. I'm also a vegetarian so I'm definitely not one to be recommending restaurants!
Old May 23, 2014, 5:34 pm

Programs: Aegean Miles & Bonus Gold, HHonors Gold, Starwood Gold
I'm a local here, too. As long as I'm in-town, I'm down for a meet-up where ever. Though, as a local, clearly I vote we avoid the strip!

-SF

ETA: Actually, I'm happy to meet up w/ any FTer's who live here (or come this way) whenever... "do" or no "do", just give me a shout via PM. As points of reference, I live in Summerlin and work 2 blocks from the Palms.
Old May 23, 2014, 9:07 pm

+1 on no Strip. I am ok with Red Rock or GVR though.
Old May 24, 2014, 1:02 am
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

What we did with our legendary Deo Dos was to pick a date and go for it. If people can come, they will. The locals will hopefully be there.

-OR-

You can always pick a few dates and have one of the Community Mods set up a poll to see what date garners the most interest.

We tried to pick "local' places that nobody heard of (or never would have).

Lots of the visitors will not have cars, so we rely on the locals for transportation or somewhere close-ish where a cab won't cost a fortune. (For the record, I hate LAS cabs and their long-hauling through the "Tunnel".)

Those are just a few suggestions. We have always had a ball at our LAS Deo Dos.
Old May 24, 2014, 4:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP, QF, BA
Will be there first weekend of December.
Old May 25, 2014, 9:38 am

As an interested out of towner, please pick a weekend where the hotel rates aren't too bad.
Old May 25, 2014, 8:29 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
I would like to see the Deodorant Do happen once again. I lurked in the old threads. What happend to those guys did it break apart? Or can we get it going again? Im out of LAX so Im happy to attend..
Old May 25, 2014, 10:52 pm

Programs: UA Plat, 1MM
Originally Posted by Flying Machine
I would like to see the Deodorant Do happen once again. I lurked in the old threads. What happend to those guys did it break apart? Or can we get it going again? Im out of LAX so Im happy to attend..
The main instigator changed jobs and stopped attending annual conferences in LAS in July that set the dates. We carried on for a couple of more years, and then just kinda stopped. Interest remains though.
Old May 25, 2014, 11:56 pm
Original Poster

OK I'm in Vegas and can help put this together for sure. Someone else needs to do the spreadsheet and keep track of who is in. I'll handle the first meet up for drinks and Dinner one night. I can also help get hotel rooms as locals can get some better deals as well as on show tix.

Oct 15-19th?

Throw out some dates and we'll vote. Any shot at getting 50 to 100 folks into this and turn it into a real party? Pool day? Hoover dam? Nice dinner? Locals dinner?

Paul
Old May 26, 2014, 8:28 am

Originally Posted by antignos

Oct 15-19th?

Throw out some dates and we'll vote. Any shot at getting 50 to 100 folks into this and turn it into a real party? Pool day? Hoover dam? Nice dinner? Locals dinner?

Paul
The Chicago Seminars are that weekend so some folks, me at least , may be committed elsewhere.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.