LEX Horse and Bourbon DO V, Oct. 3-5, 2014

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LEX Horse and Bourbon DO V, Oct. 3-5, 2014

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2014, 9:41 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I'd love to attend this one so I'll keep an eye on the thread. Any weekend in October would work for me.
Old May 9, 2014, 5:45 am

Programs: United Mileage Plus; American Advantage; Marriott Rewards; Hilton Honors
Looks as though the first and second weekends would likely be okay while the 17-19 would be out for me.

Would be great to see everyone, especially toomanybooks' folks!
Old May 17, 2014, 7:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Many of you who have been to LEX have driven past "The Castle." It's up for sale again:

http://www.lex18.com/news/woodford-c...e-up-for-sale/
Old May 27, 2014, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Bourbon shortage looming. Stock up now!

http://bostinno.streetwise.co/2014/0...ge-in-the-u-s/
Old May 27, 2014, 12:15 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Bourbon shortage is terrifying! I'll have to stock up! I just hope they don't cut Woodford from Delta flights.

I just rechecked rates at the Four Points and was able to change my rate to the AAA Hot Deals rate at $79+tax. I made reservations for Oct 3-5 and Oct 17-19, but I'd still prefer the first weekend.

Any idea when you plan to nail down a definitive date for it? I'm actually less concerned now that I found a great cash rate. I was starting to get antsy about whether I should keep holding rooms at the Fairfield with my Marriott certs or use them somewhere else.
Old May 27, 2014, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

No changes or decisions. I have not heard from many folks; maybe it is too early.

I have been dealing with some family medical issues, too.
Old Jun 4, 2014, 11:44 am

Programs: UAL IK;Marriott Plat Elite;Hyatt Diamond;Hilton Gold;Hertz Presidents Circle
My SO is a HUGE pony fan, so we may go!!!! Firm up the dates so that I can plan!
Old Jun 26, 2014, 1:49 pm

Programs: BAEC G, WN A-, Hyatt G, HH G, MAR T, Hz PC, was [UA2P, FL A+Elite, BD G]
I am booked for Oct 3-5

I finally got my fall work schedule figured out; with some effort I was able to free up Friday afternoon October 3rd. Given that a) I can't get down to LEX any other weekend in October and b) I decided after the April DO that I wanted to come back to LEX sometime soon, I decided to just go ahead and book this trip for the October 3-5 weekend. Flying in and out of SDF; I should get to LEX in time for a late dinner on Friday and can stay for a few races on Sunday.

In the worst case I will be the only attendee that weekend a la herb687 a year ago, but I hope more folks here can join me whether this weekend is the "official" H&B Do V or not.
Old Jun 26, 2014, 2:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Hi. HPN-HRL, you must have really enjoyed yourself in April to go back alone, potentially!

We've just had a death in the family after a 2-month ordeal, so my mind has not been on the Oct. LEX DO. I am pretty sure I am going regardless, to see my folks, so if it's a tiny DO, it will be OK with me.

Any more input before a final decision? mile ho has told me he cannot make it, so a behind-the-scenes horse farm visit is presumably out. But we can do all the other things.
Old Jun 26, 2014, 2:29 pm

Programs: BAEC G, WN A-, Hyatt G, HH G, MAR T, Hz PC, was [UA2P, FL A+Elite, BD G]
My condolences on your loss.
Old Aug 5, 2014, 5:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Well, I plan to go to LEX for the weekend of Oct. 3-5, and would be pleased to have some folks come for bourbon and horses.

Several regulars cannot make it, so our group may be smaller than usual. Even if we only have 10 or so, it will be a good time.

Please post here if you think you can make it. I'll work on a schedule.
Old Aug 5, 2014, 5:18 pm

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Love this DO, but planning wife's b-day getaway, have fun. I will miss getting drunk with bourbon and craft beer!
Old Aug 5, 2014, 7:16 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I will do my best but I need to see how the first few weeks of school go, I hope you understand.
Old Aug 5, 2014, 9:39 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorer, Marriott Titanium, AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, Avis Plus, Hertz PC
Looks like I will be starting a new gig but I know I can make some of the days. Its a weekend after all. We'll just have to see how the first few therapy sessions go. Sometimes shock therapy takes a few weeks to kick in/
Old Aug 6, 2014, 5:57 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Originally Posted by CMK10
I will do my best but I need to see how the first few weeks of school go, I hope you understand.
I'm also going back to grad school, but I'm in review classes through Sept which means I'll only be three days into my real classes at this point. I'm planning to come but may have to back out if something comes up with school. I do have a reservation at the Four Points. I'd put myself at 90% and DW at 50% due to her schedule.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.