LEX Horse and Bourbon DO V, Oct. 3-5, 2014

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LEX Horse and Bourbon DO V, Oct. 3-5, 2014

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2014, 8:11 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by mattp1987
I'm also going back to grad school, but I'm in review classes through Sept which means I'll only be three days into my real classes at this point. I'm planning to come but may have to back out if something comes up with school. I do have a reservation at the Four Points. I'd put myself at 90% and DW at 50% due to her schedule.
Hey best of luck starting school again! What are you going for?
Old Aug 6, 2014, 10:10 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Originally Posted by CMK10
Hey best of luck starting school again! What are you going for?
Thanks! I'll be working on an MS in Astronautical Engineering. My undergrad was in Aerospace although the emphasis there was very much on the aero rather than the space side of things, so I expect it to be somewhat different. I'm excited to get back to school although I'll miss having my evenings free and being able to travel for work. OTOH, I'm getting a free education and will be able to see some friends who are living in the same area now. It's also nice that the program has a month of review designed for those of us who have been working for a few years since undergrad.
Old Aug 6, 2014, 12:00 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Thanks! I'll be working on an MS in Astronautical Engineering. My undergrad was in Aerospace although the emphasis there was very much on the aero rather than the space side of things, so I expect it to be somewhat different. I'm excited to get back to school although I'll miss having my evenings free and being able to travel for work. OTOH, I'm getting a free education and will be able to see some friends who are living in the same area now. It's also nice that the program has a month of review designed for those of us who have been working for a few years since undergrad.
Wow you're about 3000 times smarter than me! I'm going for a law degree, much less math
Old Aug 6, 2014, 2:46 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Wow you're about 3000 times smarter than me! I'm going for a law degree, much less math
Eh, just different fields of interest. Now, I do have a few friends who did undergrad in hard sciences or engineering and are now in law school or are lawyers; those are some smart people across the spectrum. I also recently me a doctor who has a BS in Astro Eng, an MS in Systems Eng, and an MD and has completed residencies in both family practice and anaesthesia. Now that's impressive!

Good luck with the start of school.
Old Aug 7, 2014, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
There's no way I'm going to be able to make it this October. I'm hoping that the spring 2015 date is the weekend of 4/17 so it doesn't conflict with Orthodox Easter the weekend before.
Old Aug 11, 2014, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
unfortunately we are out of the running, since we already have three transcon trips planned between September 6 and October 12, and I have to head to India on business sometime around October 17th maybe next spring.
Old Aug 11, 2014, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ORD-TGU
Love this DO, but planning wife's b-day getaway, have fun. I will miss getting drunk with bourbon and craft beer!
Originally Posted by PV_Premier
unfortunately we are out of the running, since we already have three transcon trips planned between September 6 and October 12, and I have to head to India on business sometime around October 17th maybe next spring.
Originally Posted by ElmhurstNick
There's no way I'm going to be able to make it this October. I'm hoping that the spring 2015 date is the weekend of 4/17 so it doesn't conflict with Orthodox Easter the weekend before.
OK, fellas, maybe next time.

I'm also going back to grad school, but I'm in review classes through Sept which means I'll only be three days into my real classes at this point. I'm planning to come but may have to back out if something comes up with school. I do have a reservation at the Four Points. I'd put myself at 90% and DW at 50% due to her schedule.
Originally Posted by Ceres
Looks like I will be starting a new gig but I know I can make some of the days. Its a weekend after all. We'll just have to see how the first few therapy sessions go. Sometimes shock therapy takes a few weeks to kick in/
I will do my best but I need to see how the first few weeks of school go, I hope you understand.
Hope y'all can make it.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 2:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Video about LEX:

http://vimeo.com/91101727
Old Aug 18, 2014, 4:49 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus; American Advantage; Marriott Rewards; Hilton Honors
If I can get a decent Avios redemption, that weekend should be doable. Just noticed that the 4 Pts is sold out for Sat night.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 1:49 pm

Programs: BAEC G, WN A-, Hyatt G, HH G, MAR T, Hz PC, was [UA2P, FL A+Elite, BD G]
Originally Posted by KMA26
If I can get a decent Avios redemption, that weekend should be doable. Just noticed that the 4 Pts is sold out for Sat night.
I will be giving up one or two rooms at the 4 Pts (I'm staying elsewhere this trip) - If someone wants to take a room off my hands, let me know.

KMA26: I sent you more details in a PM
Old Aug 22, 2014, 7:21 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold UA CO DL BA SPG Hyatt Hilton Marriott
Oops. Many days late. Four Points and Fairfield Inn S/O. I will keep checking. Win - any others nearby? Can I get away without renting a car?
Old Aug 23, 2014, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by zippyonthego
Oops. Many days late. Four Points and Fairfield Inn S/O. I will keep checking. Win - any others nearby? Can I get away without renting a car?
In LEX you will need access to a car, or at least someone to drive you around. Decent-sized distances and no/poor public transportation.

Someone is staying at the Embassy Suites maybe a mile or 2 away. And some rooms may open up. I know of at least 2 that should.

Knights Inn across the street from 4 Pts if you care to slum it.

Last edited by toomanybooks; Aug 23, 2014 at 10:59 am
Old Aug 23, 2014, 9:04 pm

Programs: UAL IK;Marriott Plat Elite;Hyatt Diamond;Hilton Gold;Hertz Presidents Circle
cannot make it this time... bummer... SO is a HUGE fan of the horsies
Old Aug 23, 2014, 11:34 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus; American Advantage; Marriott Rewards; Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by HPN-HRL
I will be giving up one or two rooms at the 4 Pts (I'm staying elsewhere this trip) - If someone wants to take a room off my hands, let me know.

KMA26: I sent you more details in a PM
Thanks HPN-HRL, I sent you a return PM.

Originally Posted by zippyonthego
Just checked and the Clarion Hotel on Newtown Pike, about 1/2 mile from the 4 Pts, is available for $119/nt cash or 16K pts/nt that Fri and Sat.
Old Aug 24, 2014, 12:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

For those more into luxury, the Griffin Gate (Marriott) Resort is probably under a mile from the 4 Pts, on the way into town on the left (easy for someone to dropoff/pick up if needed).

It's the only top resort in Lexington, so it can often be uniquely identified on Priceline/Hotwire.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.