Wiki Posts
Search

Dubai Do 2014 - September 4th - September 7th

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2014, 11:42 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines
Original Poster

Originally Posted by chris1979
£2,100 for MAN - DXB - BKK - HKG - DXB - MAN? where and how? or have I misread that?
EK website. That's a normal cost for a routing to the Far East, and it's still available. Just do a multi-stop itinerary. You can do the A380 all the way

I eventually went for :-

MAN-DXB-MCT-DXB-MRU-DXB-MAN

That cost more however...

Last edited by DYKWIA; Jun 2, 2014 at 11:48 am
Old Jun 2, 2014, 10:54 pm

I might actually try and make this one. TBD. ( I may be in DXB on those dates)

Eightblack not coming?

The park hyatt owes me a meal ( as I recall, dinner) per the GM e-mail due to a major F-UP I would rather not discuss. Might be time to claim this.
Old Jun 3, 2014, 9:02 am
Original Poster

OK - there doesn't seem to be any interest in Bataeux Dubai, so it's just the Friday Brunch at the moment.

Would anybody be up for dinner on the Saturday? Maybe cocktails at :-

http://www.atmosphereburjkhalifa.com/

Followed by dinner at one of the Armani restaurants?
Old Jun 7, 2014, 3:12 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
OK - there doesn't seem to be any interest in Bataeux Dubai, so it's just the Friday Brunch at the moment.

Would anybody be up for dinner on the Saturday? Maybe cocktails at :-

http://www.atmosphereburjkhalifa.com/

Followed by dinner at one of the Armani restaurants?
I refuse to pay 100 aed plus for a drink.

How about mcgettigans
Old Jun 9, 2014, 1:36 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by meFIRST
I might actually try and make this one. TBD. ( I may be in DXB on those dates)

Eightblack not coming?

The park hyatt owes me a meal ( as I recall, dinner) per the GM e-mail due to a major F-UP I would rather not discuss. Might be time to claim this.
They owe the same for me. Person in their restaurant rang up fraudulent charges using the CC number from the card I used there last.
Old Jun 10, 2014, 12:36 am

Atmosphere have a minimum charge of 300aed per head at the bar and 400aed per head at a lounge table. Also, even if the place is empty they sometimes wont let you up without a booking even if you just want to go to the bar. Their policy is weird that way.
Old Jun 14, 2014, 3:32 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Put me down as attending. I just booked my flights. Arriving Sept 4th in the evening, leaving Sept 7th am. Looking forward to seeing Dubai!
Old Jun 15, 2014, 3:18 am

Originally Posted by sharkey
Put me down as attending. I just booked my flights. Arriving Sept 4th in the evening, leaving Sept 7th am. Looking forward to seeing Dubai!
^
Old Jul 6, 2014, 4:55 pm

Any suggestions on a hotel for the DO. I have elite status with Hilton and Marriott. I found a acceptable price for the JW Marriott.
Old Jul 20, 2014, 2:31 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sharkey
Any suggestions on a hotel for the DO. I have elite status with Hilton and Marriott. I found a acceptable price for the JW Marriott.
The JW is very close to the airport, and about 10 minutes in a taxi from the Park Hyatt. It's an older property, but I love it The lounge is very nice also.

We would have been staying there, but I've 200K Radisson points to use up, so we've booked the Radisson at the Creek.
Old Jul 20, 2014, 2:32 am
Original Poster

OK - I think we need to downgrade from a 'Do' to a 'Gathering'

There doesn't seem to be much enthusiasm for anything other than the Brunch, so I'll go ahead and book that for everyone who is confirmed on the first page :-

DYKWIA+1
m3red+1
w00t
KU104
deidre
Zol
sharkey

I'll also PM each person for a confirmation.

For anyone else that is interested, please post here or PM me ASAP and I'l' add you to the list.

As for Thursday and Saturday dinner, if anyone is interested, let me know.

Last edited by DYKWIA; Jul 20, 2014 at 2:44 am
Old Jul 21, 2014, 3:47 pm
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
I think let's stick to tradition with drinks on Thursday evening, brunch on Friday and Saturday we can do an activity or leave it free for all to venture out as they please.

Due to the low number of attendees, an airline related event will not be feasible. None of them would be interested in hosting such a small number due to to the effort and logistics involved. However, if things change then we can possibly try and dig something out of the bag at the last minute.
Old Aug 2, 2014, 1:23 pm

[QUOTE=Zol;23233404]I think let's stick to tradition with drinks on Thursday evening, brunch on Friday and Saturday we can do an activity or leave it free for all to venture out as they please.

I will be arriving late on Thursday (10 pm at the hotel), so I will likely miss any of the Thursday activities. I suggest that we see what the group is interested in doing on Saturday at the Friday brunch.
Old Aug 3, 2014, 12:12 am

I suggest that if something will take place on Saturday, can we decide it now please. I'm planning to arrive at 1pm on Friday and come straight to the brunch, albeit a bit late. If nothing is decided then I would fly back friday evening. Just need a decision so I can book my tickets and a hotel if needed.
Old Aug 3, 2014, 10:56 am

Originally Posted by KU104
I suggest that if something will take place on Saturday, can we decide it now please. I'm planning to arrive at 1pm on Friday and come straight to the brunch, albeit a bit late. If nothing is decided then I would fly back friday evening. Just need a decision so I can book my tickets and a hotel if needed.
You can't fly back after a brunch!

DYKWIA is a premier league drinker and will not accept you flying back that night!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.