Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Austin TX Meet Up - March 16, 2014

Old Mar 11, 2014, 5:16 pm
Original Poster

Hi All,

Some of us FT'ers are planning to meet up for food and drinks and talk about the miles and points game that we all play on Sunday, March 16th at 4 PM, at Opal Divine's Marina (Parmer and Mopac) http://www.opaldivines.com/marina/

Anyone who is planning to be there, please send me a PM so I can do a head count and in case you need my number for coordination. Alternatively, if you can't attend this event but would like to get information for our subsequent meet ups, send me a PM to add you to our FB group page.

Thanks,

Jonathan
Old Mar 12, 2014, 8:26 am

Programs: AA P4L, WN, BA, DL, UA, HHonors, IHG
PM sent.
Old Mar 12, 2014, 8:51 am

Why so far up north?
Old Mar 12, 2014, 10:16 am

Programs: AA P4L, WN, BA, DL, UA, HHonors, IHG
Originally Posted by coltonatx
Why so far up north?
I think that area is about the population center of greater Austin now.
Old Mar 12, 2014, 11:09 am
Original Poster

We're trying to rotate the location so people can attend at some point during the year. The meet up last month was central. So I suppose it would be only fair to have the next one after this somewhere south. g1ant suggested we all get the AA Exec card and have the next meet up at the AC in ABIA =)
Old Mar 12, 2014, 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by JWEMTX
We're trying to rotate the location so people can attend at some point during the year. The meet up last month was central. So I suppose it would be only fair to have the next one after this somewhere south. g1ant suggested we all get the AA Exec card and have the next meet up at the AC in ABIA =)
How do you bypass security without a ticket?
Old Mar 13, 2014, 8:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum, Penalty Box 2K, PWP Posting Unit 9
UA offers gate passes to UClub members, not sure if AA does that or not.

In any event, Mrs. Mackie and I won't get back until late on the 16th so we'll miss this one unfortunately.
Old Mar 15, 2014, 2:18 am

Programs: UA MM *G, AA EXP, OW Emerald, Hyatt Globalist, Gold everywhere else
It's possible with AA, but requires a formal reservation at the AAdmirals Club meeting space and has to be confirmed several days in advance (unless you have some sort of special arrangement).

With United Club membership you can get up to 3 gate passes at any time w/o question.
Old Mar 15, 2014, 12:09 pm

Programs: UA MM *G, AA EXP, OW Emerald, Hyatt Globalist, Gold everywhere else
Originally Posted by JWEMTX
Hi All,

Some of us FT'ers are planning to meet up for food and drinks and talk about the miles and points game that we all play on Sunday, March 16th at 4 PM, at Opal Divine's Marina (Parmer and Mopac) http://www.opaldivines.com/marina/

Anyone who is planning to be there, please send me a PM so I can do a head count and in case you need my number for coordination. Alternatively, if you can't attend this event but would like to get information for our subsequent meet ups, send me a PM to add you to our FB group page.
That's right up in my neck of the woods, but I'm out since I fly out around noon on the 16th. Next time...

Keep in mind that you're doing this on the last day of both Spring Break and SXSW, plus the day before St, Patty's, so attendance may be limited.
Old Mar 16, 2014, 6:29 pm

It was great meeting everyone today!
Old Dec 24, 2014, 11:07 am

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Marriott Gold
Sorry to open up such an old thread, but any plans for a future Austin meetup?
Old Feb 19, 2015, 7:42 am

I am also interested in getting to meet other people in Austin, TX. Any plans for another meetup?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.