Old Feb 20, 2014, 8:25 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Flyfromscratch
Austin Impromptu Meet

Date: May 18th, 2014
Place: Admiral's Club Conference Room, Austin Airport
Time: 1 pm

Confirmed attendee's so far:

7 attendee's confirmed so far (as on 5/16)
Print Wikipost

Austin Monthly Meet - May 18th, 2014

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2014, 8:59 am
Used to be ' simz '
Original Poster

Programs: Does it matter..??? It doesn't matter to them
Austin Monthly Meet - May 18th, 2014

Updated: 05/16/2014:

Hi All...

Our Monthly meet is scheduled for 18th May, 2014 at the Admiral's Club Conference Room, Austin Airport.
Time is 1 pm to 3 pm.

How to get in:
There are 3 ways:
1. We get security clearance for 8 people. I already have 7 confirmed attendees. So the next person who PM's me their full name and Date of Birth, can get on the list.
2. If you are flying out, you can always join us after clearing security. If you need access to the AC, PM me and I will help getting you in.
3. If you are not flying out and not on the list of 8 people, the third option is to PM me and how it can be done. I do not want to put this information out publicly.

Simz
__________________________________________________ _____________________________________________
Prior meet details:

Hi All,

04/10/2013

Some of us FT'ers are planning a meet for drinks and a lot of miles talk on April 17th, 3 PM, at the Austin Airport Admiral's Club. Refer to the Wiki above for more details.

Anyone who is planning to be there, please drop me a PM in case you need my number for any co-ordination..

Sameer

__________________________________________________ _____________________________________________
Prior meet details:

Some of us FT'ers are planning a meet for drinks and pizza and a lot of miles talk on Feb 23rd, 7 PM, at the Pinthouse Pizza on Burnet Road..

Those of you who are still around after the Mega Do, do drop in..

Anyone who is planning to be there, please drop me a PM in case you need my number for any co-ordination..

Here's the website of the Pizza place..

http://pinthousepizza.com/

Last edited by NewbieRunner; May 16, 2014 at 3:04 pm Reason: changed title
Old Feb 20, 2014, 8:21 am
Used to be ' simz '
Original Poster

Only 4 confirmations so far.. Come on guys.. need more confirmations..
Old Feb 20, 2014, 10:10 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Sorry flying out of SAT the 23rd to MEX and beyond... Have fun
Old Feb 21, 2014, 3:49 pm
Used to be ' simz '
Original Poster

Gentle reminder.. as you all head out for the weekend, do remember the meet up at Pinthouse Pizza on Sunday..
Old Feb 23, 2014, 4:35 pm
Used to be ' simz '
Original Poster

Last calls.. Today is the impromptu meet up.. 7 pm.. Pinthousepizza..
Old Feb 23, 2014, 9:07 pm

Thanks for meeting up, folks. Let's definitely try to do another one in a month or two.

Jonathan
Old Feb 23, 2014, 9:32 pm
Used to be ' simz '
Original Poster

Thanks everyone for turning up.. it was great fun.. Haleyb - u were missed..
Old Feb 24, 2014, 3:27 pm

Programs: AA GLD (1MM), Hyatt PLT, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum
It was good to meet everyone. Even though it did seem like I was the only one drinking the excellent beer.

Alex.
Old Apr 10, 2014, 10:18 am
Used to be ' simz '
Original Poster

Our first meet in Feb has converted into a monthly meet.. There was one held in March and now the April meet is here.. I have updated the details in the Wiki:

Mods - Can you please chage the thread title.. Don't want to start a new thread, to help avoid clutter..
Old Apr 10, 2014, 2:29 pm
Used to be ' simz '
Original Poster

Thanks for the responses.. For those in who might PM me with similar question- You don't need to necesarily have access to the AC- someone who is attending will be able to guest you in.. but you do need the airside boarding pass.. and for that you need to call AC..
Old Apr 11, 2014, 7:16 am

I just called to make my reservations, be sure to have your AAdvantage number handy (it's easier for the CSR to pull your profile up). I was transfered to the Austin AC rep and she asked for my guests' full name and date of birth; she did also ask how I was planning to get into the lounge since the system didn't show an active AC membership and I mentioned that I had the Citi Exec card and she said that was fine. You must pick up your security passes from the First Class check-in area to get through security.
Old Apr 11, 2014, 9:13 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriot Platinum
I'm in Roundrock over the weekend - Would be interested to come, but need some one to Guest me and possibly a Ride
Old Apr 11, 2014, 11:15 am

Originally Posted by Whizkid
I'm in Roundrock over the weekend - Would be interested to come, but need some one to Guest me and possibly a Ride
Where in RR? I can guest you in. Call now and just give your AA# to them and they can pull up your info and add you to the list.

They didn't ask me how I was getting in, but I'll PM my info in case they do.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 9:16 pm

Programs: QF WP (OWE) / LTG (LT OWS) | Hyatt Globalist
Unsure if I should start a new thread just yet, but I'll post here in the meanwhile.

Myself, penegal and jozdemir will be in Austin next week. We get in really late on Tuesday and have to hit the road for DFW early Friday so really are only there all day Wednesday and Thursday. Staying at IC and Hyatt, and between the three of us we will have a car.

Beers and BBQ is the general plan for the two days that we are there; and it'd be great to meet some local FTers, or others that may be passing through.
Old Apr 18, 2014, 10:39 am

Originally Posted by SQ421
...Beers and BBQ is the general plan for the two days that we are there; and it'd be great to meet some local FTers, or others that may be passing through.
There's a group of us who meet up to celebrate BBQ Thursday around noon. Send a PM to Mackieman to see if he knows where the next one will be held. I'll be out of town all of next week, so won't be able to make it, unfortunately.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.